Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Spoeank posted:

The answer to both of your questions is idiots. Idiots who make NFL.com in-draft room ranks and idiots who follow them. Here was the first 3 rounds. This draft was a joke, and it wasn't so much awful reaches as it was people following the NFL.com draft grades.

Le'Veon Bell
Adrian Peterson
Eddie Lacy
Jamaal Charles
Marshawn Lynch
Matt Forte
Antonio Brown
Aaron Rodgers
LeSean McCoy
Dez Bryant
Julio Jones
Jeremy Hill
Rob Gronkowski
Odell Beckham
CJ Anderson
Calvin Johnson
Demaryius Thomas
Jordy Nelson
DeMarco Murray
AJ Green
Andrew Luck
Alshon Jeffery
Randall Cobb
Mark Ingram
TY hilton
Lamar Miller
Kelvin Benjamin
Mike Evans
Justin Forsett
DeAndre Hopkins
Other than Aaron Rodgers at 1.08 there is really nothing outright egregious with this list. You can nit pick by a few rankings here or there, but no one took a defense or something. This just sort of happens with a 10 man and the first pick. There is a ton of meat left on the bone at the 2/3 turn. The rest of the team is the real triumph - how you managed Kelce, Gore and Melvin Gordon is beyond me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Papes posted:

12 team PPR, obviously I am streaming qbs and I need to drop 2 guys to get a kicker and defense for week 1.

Why would you take Mariota? Your WR are stack as gently caress. I would cut one of Helu/Woodhead and probably either Bush or Quick. Those 3 WR are starting except for injuries or bye weeks, in which case Boldin takes their place and Periman is your lottery ticket. Hard to see Quick ever being played by you.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

winvirus posted:

I think I did ok, but i'm still nervous

12 man 0 ppr 2wr 2rb 1flex

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Demarco Murray
RB: Jeremy Hill
WR: Emmanuel Sanders
WR: DeSean Jackson
TE: Zach Ertz
FLEX: Justin Forsett
K: who
D/ST: cares

bench

RB: Isaiah Crowell
WR: Brandon LaFell
RB: Arian Foster
TE: Delanie Walker
RB: Branden Oliver
WR: Cody Latimer
RB: Theo Riddick
This is a solid team. I would love it more if it was PPR, but it should still be good. WR is kind of a big question mark with Sanders likely to regress somewhere between a little and a lot given the Broncos shift to a more balanced offense, and I think DeSean is going to be more of a matchup guy this year because of the likely dumpster fire status of the Redskins. I like your bench depth though and you probably only need 2 of Hill/Murray/Forsett to repeat last years numbers to get into the playoffs with ease.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Thoughts? I'm relatively satisfied. I hadn't planned on taking CJ Anderson but there he was and I figured I'd just take Hillman at the end. Everyone had a QB and a TE by the 7th round, so I figured I was safe to wait on Tannehill and Rudolph. Then everyone decides in the 10th to take backup TE's and QBs, and this is the best I could do. Given how well "Eagles QB" has done over the last few years, I'm not super worried, and there is enough meat left at TE that I can drop Green if he doesn't perform during Gates' ban. I'm really happy with my depth at RB and WR, although I definitely have hemmed myself in a bit with 3x players each having 10th and 11th round byes.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You don't specify the number of teams or scoring, so it's hard to say, but overall I like it. You have a ton of depth in your RB slot and I can buy that given the injury risk, but Bradford as a QB1 with no safety net is worrisome. Ladarius Green is a four week lottery ticket that may not pay out. I would rather see you focus on depth in those areas than Hillman. That said your RBs, given time, should help you patch up your failures.
12 team standard. I was thinking of adding on Winston and trying to do a dual QB stream, as they seem to compliment each other in terms of bad weeks/good weeks. I may also try to do a trade for the guy who has Tanehill, as that guy also has Big Ben and would probably be open to a trade. The Green thing is risky I agree, but I feel like I can always pull off a trade for a better TE with my RB depth.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Catfish Noodlin posted:

12-team, non-PPR.

QB: Ryan Tannehill
RB: Eddie Lacy
RB: Jeremy Hill
WR: Mike Evans
WR: TY Hilton
TE: Owen Daniels
Flex: Doug Martin
D/ST: Ravens
K: Mason Crosby

Devante Adams
John Brown
Ryan Mathews
Bishop Sankey
Markus Wheaton
Larry Donnell

Draft went into the weeds with some new people this year making weird picks, but I'm pretty happy. I feel like I need to decide between Daniels and Donnell and work the waivers
Guessing you went Lacy->Hill->Hilton->Evans in your draft - was Doug Martin your fifth pick or Sankey? Definitely drop one of the TE's. Ryan Mathews might be the best handcuff in the league right now, but your depth isn't ideal. I wish you had a slightly better third RB as you generally want an RB flex in non PPR all things being equal. Other than that you have an excellent starting lineup.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Zypher posted:

Agreed. Also even though it's not ppr there's a pretty good chance Adams will be your best bet at flex over Doug Martin
I wouldn't be shocked at all if its John Brown. Larry Fitzgerald has to decline sometime and when Floyd goes down with his inevitable injury, a healthy Carson Palmer could easily make Brown a top 20 WR. Catfish Noodlin, see if you can sucker someone into a 2 for 1 with Sankey and Martin.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Please rate/comment on my team, standard league, passing TDs 4 points, I drafted 12th in a 12 man league.

QB: Matt Ryan (5th round)
WR: Calvin Johnson (1st)
WR: Randall Cobb (2nd)
RB: Andre Ellington (3rd)
RB: CJ Spiller (6th)
TE: Vernon Davis/Zach Ertz (both way late)
Flex: Jordan Matthews (4th)
Flex: John Brown
K: Adam Vinatieri
DEF: New England/stream

LB: Paul Posluszny
DE: Carlos Dunlap
DB: Reshad Jones

Bench:
Ryan Matthews
Zach Ertz
Tre Mason
Darren Sproles

Obviously RBs are a little weak, but I think I'm pretty strong everywhere else besides TE (who cares, and Davis could blow up). I probably have the strongest WR core in the league (one guy has Demaryius/Green) with Jordan Matthews and potentially John Brown. I also start with the #1 waiver wire position so I'll probably sit on that until a starting RB gets hurt who has a strong handcuff.
I weep for your team my friend. You went WR/WR/RB/WR in a non PPR league and then compounded it taking a QB at the fifth pick. Even worse, your two top RB's are both famously injury prone AND in at least a partial RBBC (all signs point to Arizona giving even a healthy Ellington fewer touches). If I were you I would 100% try to make a trade for another quality RB - maybe even using Calvin Johnson in part of the deal.

axelord posted:

10 team STD QB, 2WR, 2RB, FLEX, TE K DEF

QB: Matt Ryan, Sam Bradford

WR: Dez Bryant, Jordan Mathews, DeAndre Hopkins, Amari Cooper, Funchess

RB: J. Hill, Arian Foster, Devonta Freeman, Ryan Mathews, J. Bell

TE: Eifert

K: Steven Hauschka

DEF: Miami

Got sniped on a few of the RBs I was targeting and pretty much let the draft decide my TE. Bell I'm thinking probably isn't going to be starting since he hasn't even started practicing yet, but he kept dropping so I'm hoping more information comes available soon so I can atleast drop him. Going to have to pick up some more lottery ticket RBs
Drafting a second QB in a 10 team league with standard QB scoring is pretty not needed, but at least you got the guy who has an excellent chance of being a top 10 QB. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bradford outscores Ryan. Its another team where your WR vs RB setup would be a lot better if this was PPR. You are basically hoping that Arian comes back STRONG and that one of Ryan Mathews/Joique puts up RB2 #s. Think about it like this. You generally want to put an RB in the flex spot in standard leagues, which means you have 3 spots for RBs and 2 for WRs. I look at your player list though, and I see 4 WR's I really like and who should be WR2's or better, and I only see really 1 with Jeremy Hill that I feel equally confident about. Should probably be reversed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Axl Rose posted:

Just finished a 14 man standard scoring auction draft, what do you think? I've got some definite weaknesses, but hopefully some of my gambles pay off to make up for it. I figure if I can go 500 until Foster gets back, I'll be in great shape.

QB Philip Rivers
WR Brandin Cooks
WR Jordan Matthews
WR Kendall Wright
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Chris Ivory
TE Vernon Davis (I know, I know... the only options left were him, heath miller, and charles clay)
BN Arian Foster
BN Alfred Blue
BN Stevie Johnson
BN Danny Woodhead
BN David Cobb
BN Michael Floyd

K Cody Parky
D Carolina
Solid team for 14 man. I bet you start Stevie Johnson over Kendall Wright before long. I would totally grab Heath Miller instead of Vernon Davis. Remember, no LeVeon or Bryant for the first few games. Heath could easily have a few bigger than average games that you might be able to leverage into trade bait.

ArtVandelay posted:

Just got done drafting a 12 team H2H. I know more about fantasy baseball than football, so that probably explains why this team isn't so great.

QB Ryan Tannehill
RB CJ Anderson
RB Joseph Randle
WR Alshon Jeffery
WR TY Hilton
TE Greg Olsen
Flex Isaiah Crowell
Defense Rams
K Cody Parkey

Bench
Nelson Agholor
Devin Funchess
Colin Kaepernick
Cards defense
Michael Crabtree
Mason Crosby
Knile Davis
Drop Kaep, the Rams defense and Crosby, and grab 3 more WR/RBs off the Free Agent list. No reason to have 2 of those at this point in the season.

Psikotik posted:

Sooooo how'd I do ? Had the 10th pick.

Julio Jones Atl - WR
C.J. Anderson Den - RB
DeAndre Hopkins Hou - WR
Lamar Miller Mia - RB
Ameer Abdullah Det - RB
Kyle Rudolph Min - TE
Allen Robinson Jax - WR
Nelson Agholor Phi - WR
Teddy Bridgewater Min - QB
John Brown Ari - WR
Jay Cutler Chi - QB
Duke Johnson Jr. Cle - RB
Brian Quick StL - WR
Devin Funchess Car - WR
Denver Den - DEF
Brandon McManus Den - K
I really like this team, probably because you picked a lot of players I like right now. Miller in the 4th is great - Is this PPR? I think Robinson is going to be very hot/cold in standard because of TD's but should suck up targets. I think you reached a lot on Rudolph but its not disastrous. I'd grab another WR/RB instead of Cutler.

cheese fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 31, 2015

• Locked thread