Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
I HAVE THE CALVINBALL!

NFC East? More like NFC LEAST!

Players on the Giants, Redskins, Eagles and Cowboys can't be played this week!

New Rule! New Rule!

Going old-school.

Remember the days of player-coaches? No? Well now you can live them. The Head Coach slot is deactivated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Bald Rashes rules came in late, are we following them?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Bald Rashes rules came in late, are we following them?

Hang on let me check my team for NFCE players The Official Calvin Ball Rules in the OP

Anubis posted:

7. For the sake of the GM's sanity, rules should be declared between the last whistle of Monday after Sunday night football and to dusk on Wednesday, when our mothers call us in to take a bath. New rule changes won't take effect until after the previous week (Monday Night Football) is done and ESPN has a chance to put in any scoring changes Tuesday morning. (I noticed last season restricting it to Tuesday and Wednesday was getting cramped. Be sure to declare the week number that you are changing a rule for so people don't get confused.)

OK we'll allow it for this week as a first time warning thing but int he future all rules will need to be submitted by Wednesday night

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Part of me wishes I sucked more cause I have some awesome Calvinball rules in my head.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Hey Guys I had Beer god make beer-sheets for us this year. I'm sharing it with you all so you don't get pooped in the draft.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TiVvskGbSO_ms906f8Wq9bMG8zCiDGMbQxwj9px8buU/edit?usp=sharing

Just wanna say that beer sheets has never been more accurate than this year.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

Baldrash posted:

I HAVE THE CALVINBALL!

NFC East? More like NFC LEAST!

Players on the Giants, Redskins, Eagles and Cowboys can't be played this week!

MotherFUCKER

Welp I'm gonna have the calvinball this week probably

e: Definitely. Brandon Wheedon is the only starting QB left on waivers and no dallas

gardenald fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 2, 2015

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Trade sent

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

gardenald posted:

MotherFUCKER

Welp I'm gonna have the calvinball this week probably

e: Definitely. Brandon Wheedon is the only starting QB left on waivers and no dallas

another more insulting trade offer sent

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I sent you an even worse one

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Thanks guys

E: Kaepernick for Gronk is pretty special

gardenald fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Oct 2, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Hey I threw in Decker :argh:

e: sent a new even more amazing oneactually no I didn't but feel free to send a counter if you actually like any of my trash

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 2, 2015

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Did everyone try to trade for Gronk?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

gardenald posted:

Thanks guys

E: Kaepernick for Gronk is pretty special

Not bad because any week the QB scoring could be flip flopped.

On that note. Only in Calvinball could Luke McCown for Gronk + someone even be on the table.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

i actually sent a "fair" one

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
*has a hoard of 4 starting QBs* :smug:

Legit wish I hadn't been at work and I'd have caught that Gronk trade. I've got this Nick Foles...

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
Pretty sure this is the lineup this week. Don't play NFC East teams, they are all staying after school with Miss Wormwood this week.

QB
RB
WR
TE
TE
FLEX
FLEX
DEF
K
P
P

Anubis fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 3, 2015

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Anubis posted:

Pretty sure this is the lineup this week. Don't play NFC East teams, they all staying after school with Miss Wormwood this week.

QB
RB
WR
TE
TE
FLEX
FLEX
DEF
K
P
P

drat. I'm playing you this week and I was secretly hoping your wrong roster would stick because I think you're going to beat me.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I lost either way this week so it won't matter, but curious for future weeks. Since I'm living in Japan timezones make it a bit tough to check at the last minute changes to Out for day games.

If a player has status changed to Out after say 9am EST (10pm here, 11pm after time change) for the noon or afternoon games, would anyone be opposed to me putting in another starter if I have one available for a later game?

In my main league I normally e-mail the commish ahead of time and say something like "hey, player A is potentially out, if they get pulled can you swap in player B from the bench?"

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe

Aredna posted:

I lost either way this week so it won't matter, but curious for future weeks. Since I'm living in Japan timezones make it a bit tough to check at the last minute changes to Out for day games.

If a player has status changed to Out after say 9am EST (10pm here, 11pm after time change) for the noon or afternoon games, would anyone be opposed to me putting in another starter if I have one available for a later game?

In my main league I normally e-mail the commish ahead of time and say something like "hey, player A is potentially out, if they get pulled can you swap in player B from the bench?"

If Fight Club Sandwich agrees, and no other players have too big of an objection, I could manage a special dispensation for you moving forward, if you post it in the thread for all to see and you have the other player on your bench already.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I have no objection.

New Rule! New Rule!
Mark Davis throws some loose change across the room... He wants his Quarter back.

FLEX now allows QBs

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I have no objection.

New Rule! New Rule!
Mark Davis throws some loose change across the room... He wants his Quarter back.

FLEX now allows QBs

Does ESPN let you do that?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
New Rule!
dad? dad? where are you?

Running around leaderless sucks. Open up the HC slot this week.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Anubis posted:

If Fight Club Sandwich agrees, and no other players have too big of an objection, I could manage a special dispensation for you moving forward, if you post it in the thread for all to see and you have the other player on your bench already.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Week 4 Scores

Standings
3-1 Aredna - It's a Magical League, Hobbes
3-1 Baldrash - Building Character
3-1 JPrime - The Noodle Incidents
3-1 Marshmallow Blue - All QBs are Just Sacked
3-1 KalenSC - A Philistine on the Sidewalk
---
2-2 Anubis - A Nauseous Nocturne
2-2 Fenrir - The Endzone is Lava
---
1-3 gardenald - "Y" as in "Y do we care?"
1-3 Yoshifan823 - Mark Sanchez Passes Go Boink
1-3 old dog child- Kaepernick Caepadick
1-3 Fight Club Sandwich - Snowgoon House of Horror
1-3 OxySnake - Hill and Bernard IRL

With the low score of 528.5 for the week, gardenald has the Calvinball

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
New Rule! New Rule!
Come at the king, you best not miss

Incomplete passes and any missed kick are now worth -100 points.

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
New Rule! New Rule!

Assassination!

The chain of command is broken! We've lost our field generals!

The QB slot is removed.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

New Rule! New Rule!

More catches for the Catch God

All receptions are worth 50 points.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

New Rule! New Rule!

Huck it. Chuck it. Football!

This week we reward those who can reign in the dragon.

All receptions over 40 yards are worth 100 points.

All credit to Febreeze for the image.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I have no objection.

New Rule! New Rule!

FLEX now allows QBs

Baldrash posted:

New Rule! New Rule!

Assassination!

The chain of command is broken! We've lost our field generals!

The QB slot is removed.

These rules basically cancel each other out. ESPN or at least the league we have set up does not allow QBs in the flex slot - in essence, Marshmallow Blue opened up the 2nd QB slot and Baldrash closed the 1st QB slot so everyone starts 1 QB this week.

OxySnake posted:

New Rule! New Rule!

Huck it. Chuck it. Football!

This week we reward those who can reign in the dragon.

All receptions over 40 yards are worth 100 points.

All credit to Febreeze for the image.

ESPN can't give points for a 40 YD reception that doesn't get into the endzone. I've implemented as 40+ YD TD REC for now but let me know if you want to change

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 7, 2015

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

These rules basically cancel each other out. ESPN or at least the league we have set up does not allow QBs in the flex slot - in essence, Marshmallow Blue opened up the 2nd QB slot and Baldrash closed the 1st QB slot so everyone starts 1 QB this week.

ESPN can't give points for a 40 YD reception that doesn't get into the endzone. I've implemented as 40+ YD TD REC for now but let me know if you want to change

I knew that ESPN had some sort of 40 yard reception stat.

Works for me, if you can't find the end zone after 40 yards. I don't want you to be on my team.
:colbert:

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
New Rule! New Rule!

Go play in the yard!

All yards are worth Q, where Q is the last 2 digits of the ID of the post after the post after this one!

Passing Yards
Rushing Yards
Receiving Yards
Punting Yards

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Aredna posted:

New Rule! New Rule!

Go play in the yard!

All yards are worth Q, where Q is the last 2 digits of the ID of the post after the post after this one!

Passing Yards
Rushing Yards
Receiving Yards
Punting Yards

The Game is afoot. The next post will be the one deciding the rule. Post carefully. Oh boy this is just like survivor. So much strategy.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

New Rule! New Rule

I'm open, I'm open, I'm... poo poo

Open up a wide receiver slot

I have the Calvinball!

Early Bedtime

It's a school night! Nobody can play anyone from the Thursday or Monday night games, Sunday is okay because Monday is a holiday. No Colts, Texans, Steelers, or Chargers.

e: The last two digits of this post are 23

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I can't access ESPN from work, are QB rushing yards a thing that can be set? Or are they already covered by the rushing yards adjustment that gardenald stated?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

kalensc posted:

I can't access ESPN from work, are QB rushing yards a thing that can be set? Or are they already covered by the rushing yards adjustment that gardenald stated?

Rush yds are rush yds... E: I'm 90% sure

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
NEW RULE! NEW RULE!

Gimme gimme gimme

Forced Fumbles are worth -90 points, but recovering them is worth 180. So if you make them drop it, you'd better pick it up!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
New Rule! New Rule!

Being a man of action, I cannot afford to take that risk.

Men of action don't risk falling short of the goal, they give it their all! Interceptions and Fumbles are worth 1000 points each (or whatever the maximum is).

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe

kalensc posted:

New Rule! New Rule!

Being a man of action, I cannot afford to take that risk.

Men of action don't risk falling short of the goal, they give it their all! Interceptions and Fumbles are worth 1000 points each (or whatever the maximum is).

Is the for defenses or offensive players? I can't tell if you are rewarding coughing up the ball or if you are rewarding the defense for takeaways and in this league it could go either way. Based on the forced fumble rule I'm assuming it's the offensive players getting rewarded for risk taking.

Anubis fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 8, 2015

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe
NEW RULE!!! NEW RULE!!!

It only matters if you win. Team wins are now 500 and team loses are -500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

Anubis posted:

NEW RULE!!! NEW RULE!!!

It only matters if you win. Team wins are now 500 and team loses are -500.

how does that work, exactly? if I have Danny Woodhead on my team he gets 500 if the Chargers win, or loses 500 if they lose, in addition to all the other categories?

• Locked thread