Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The General
Mar 4, 2007

Crash_N_Burn posted:

You wouldnt chase off a dog thats in your yard growling and barking and poo poo?

No, I would probably lock the doors, and hide under my bed and call into work saying I cant make it, cause Cujo is literally in my yard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
My neighbor's dogs get out occasionally. They are friendly, and usually end up chilling on my front porch. The only reason that this bugs me is because my dogs are jerks and won't shut up the entire time the neighbor dogs are in line of sight. So I go out, lead the dogs back to their own yard and lock the gate. No need for cops.

However, the folks who live behind me and over one... That's another story. They fancy themselves musicians and play in their backyard. Fully amped. At night. I've called the cops on them numerous times. When I've got work the next day and they are belting out something unrecognizable at 2 AM, loud enough that I can hear my windows rattling, things need to settle down. One night they were drunker than normal, and playing louder than normal and worse than normal. Mrs. Genesplicer had a migraine, so I called the cops about 10. Things got quiet. About midnight, they decided it was okay to start up again, so I called the cops again. They quieted down again, only to start about an hour later. I guess by this time the cops got pissed about being called out to the same place three times, so several cars showed up, and I think a couple of guys got arrested. I really don't like doing stuff like that, but I get pissed when people don't show a bit of consideration for the neighbors.

And get off of my lawn!

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Britches get stitches OP

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

genesplicer posted:

My neighbor's dogs get out occasionally. They are friendly, and usually end up chilling on my front porch. The only reason that this bugs me is because my dogs are jerks and won't shut up the entire time the neighbor dogs are in line of sight. So I go out, lead the dogs back to their own yard and lock the gate. No need for cops.

However, the folks who live behind me and over one... That's another story. They fancy themselves musicians and play in their backyard. Fully amped. At night. I've called the cops on them numerous times. When I've got work the next day and they are belting out something unrecognizable at 2 AM, loud enough that I can hear my windows rattling, things need to settle down. One night they were drunker than normal, and playing louder than normal and worse than normal. Mrs. Genesplicer had a migraine, so I called the cops about 10. Things got quiet. About midnight, they decided it was okay to start up again, so I called the cops again. They quieted down again, only to start about an hour later. I guess by this time the cops got pissed about being called out to the same place three times, so several cars showed up, and I think a couple of guys got arrested. I really don't like doing stuff like that, but I get pissed when people don't show a bit of consideration for the neighbors.

And get off of my lawn!

Good.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

one time i saw a black guy and i called 911 and the cops came and arrested him

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

genesplicer posted:

And get off of my lawn!

you did the right thing

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

I will say this: I had no loving clue that when you call animal control in this county a cop shows up and evaluates whether to ventilate the animal or arrest the owner. I was expecting two burly guys in a dog paddywagon with catchpoles or something. Live more learn more, I guess

shit is weak
May 17, 2008

Slaw doggin' it
Haha. Owned.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I hope dog guy doesn't murder you when he gets out, OP.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Viridiant posted:

I hope dog guy doesn't murder you when he gets out, OP.

He probably thinks it was the person stuck in their car. Good job setting up a patsy to take the fall, OP.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Crash_N_Burn posted:

I will say this: I had no loving clue that when you call animal control in this county a cop shows up and evaluates whether to ventilate the animal or arrest the owner. I was expecting two burly guys in a dog paddywagon with catchpoles or something. Live more learn more, I guess

lol 'murica no one is safe

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Doggy paddywagon :3:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Crash_N_Burn posted:

You wouldnt chase off a dog thats in your yard growling and barking and poo poo?

I knew a guy who worked for a utilities company and had to deal with dogs well over a hundred times. He told me that they showed him a video and gave him pepper spray (standard for all employees who go into people's houses and yards), and he said he never once used the pepper spray. 99% of the time (according to him, and 100% of the time in his personal experience), the dog will rush you, then bark and growl at a distance. (Sometimes a very short distance but still out of range of you being able to touch it.)

I used to freak out when dogs ran up to me when I went running. I carried pepper spray and screamed and yelled at a dog who rushed me, which would end up in the dog turning around and running away.

I've chilled out since then and stopped carrying pepper spray, and when a dog rushes me, I react friendly in a high pitched voice and so far all the dogs I've encountered responded in a friendly way. (High pitched vocal sounds are friendly sounds to dogs.)

I am sure I will probably end up changing my tune somewhat if I get bitten.

Also, a dog that really intends to attack ("in the red zone") will usually have a very low, guttural sounding growl. It's very distinctive and unmistakeable. I would definitely spray such a dog in the nose with pepper spray, as "red zone" dogs will try to kill if they can. I've only ever encountered a "red zone" dog once. It was back when I was carrying pepper spray, but I didn't use it. I screamed really loud and the dog backed off.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

blows my mind that they let just anyone buy a dog with no licensing or background checks

this but unironically

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
dogs are mostly bark and no bite, that's the whole reason that fuckin phrase exists. cops are way too trigger happy when it comes to dogs and "their personal safety".

on the other hand dogs suck, are born scavengers, poo poo everywhere, and are territorial to a fault for no reason and so i don't really care what happens to them.

i like the wretched unloved beach/street dogs in asia but the ones in the US have human ownership going to their heads and there's far too many of them by this point, so call the cops and roll the dice, lets do it

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i went to pick up a kitten the other day at animal control and peered in the dog kennels in the back. all i could see were pit bulls

i hope they are all euthanized

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
gently caress pit bulls and gently caress their owners

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
my mother bingewatches that stupid rear end reality show about the gross old crazy lady who "rehabs" pit bulls and ex-cons and for just loving once i want one of those dogs to go apeshit and eat her and the white trash meth addict who just got done with a nickel

pit bulls are one of the only things on this planet i loving hate with a passion - it's not IF the dog is going to attack someone, it's WHEN

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
People should get nice dogs like labradors or springer spaniels like me.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
yeah, actually; they should

the only reason these creeps insist on a pitbull is the same reason they insist on owning a loving gun - they think they can control something powerful. and if they can control something powerful, then maybe they really do have a grip on their tiny, lovely lives.

then the loving animal eats their child and they leave their gun out for the other kid to find and blow his own loving head off

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Have you tried hitting it with a quad bike op? Dogs really seem to hate it.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

cram me sideways posted:

my mother bingewatches that stupid rear end reality show about the gross old crazy lady who "rehabs" pit bulls and ex-cons and for just loving once i want one of those dogs to go apeshit and eat her and the white trash meth addict who just got done with a nickel

pit bulls are one of the only things on this planet i loving hate with a passion - it's not IF the dog is going to attack someone, it's WHEN

You want someone to get mauled to prove your point. Sounds like you are well-adjusted

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Did you find any of your posts

jesus christ

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
didn't read any of that but snitches get stitches so I'm just curious really what it feels like being a dirty loving stoolie op.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chinaman7000 posted:

Sounds like the other neighbor is also implicated in this so don't worry you aren't the only one that's gonna get killed by the jackass dog owner when he's out.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Surprised the cop didn't shoot the dog.

That said your next move should be to laugh a lot.

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

You want someone else to get mauled to prove your perfectly valid point. Sounds like you are well-adjusted, unlike me.

FTFY,YF I'll bet you hate gun control too you loving shitcunt

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Aug 15, 2015

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shirley Crabtree posted:

didn't read any of that but snitches get stitches so I'm just curious really what it feels like being a dirty loving stoolie op.

like the self proclaimed mascot for the nanny state has any right to complain about snitching

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
guy ignores his dog being aggressive and threatening and ignores his neighbors ignores a cop and gets arrested
pitbull probably gets put down in a shelter soon
happy ending

Crash_N_Burn posted:

The Taint Reaper posted:

I went dumpster diving behind an abortion clinic.
Did you find any of your posts

beautiful

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Look at my mucky little girl, isn't she cute?

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

Someone call the cops on this sick gently caress

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

Aww
Here's mine who thinks she's a centerfold. Morally Inept stay away from her

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

LordArgh posted:

this but unironically

don't worry, i don't mean it even slightly ironically

everything else, completely inanimate objects, that we want to own that is perceived as even slightly dangerous is regulated to all hell, but a dog that can kill people and can do so on its own with no action from the owner whenever it wants we're like "lol whatever go hog wild"

i think that you should at least have to pass a basic written test and get a dog license card before you can keep dogs on your property, and the license should be permanently revoked for people who demonstrate that they are poo poo at caring for their pets

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Aug 15, 2015

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Idve shot the loving thing and thrown the carcass on my neighbors doorstep so lol you let the cops do it for you I guess

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I'd shoot the dog too. gently caress dogs.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
If you don't like dogs you're probably some feminised pussy cat twink.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

i basically can't go anywhere in my town on foot because everyone has aggressive dogs that they just let wander around or "tie up" with some clothes line and a single tent peg

best yet was the lady going "don't worry he won't hurt anyone" after the dog had already bitten me twice then latched onto my arm then they threatened to call the cops on ME after i hosed it down with pepper spray

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

i basically can't go anywhere in my town on foot because everyone has aggressive dogs that they just let wander around or "tie up" with some clothes line and a single tent peg

best yet was the lady going "don't worry he won't hurt anyone" after the dog had already bitten me twice then latched onto my arm then they threatened to call the cops on ME after i hosed it down with pepper spray

You're pathetic.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
we need a dark knight to run through the urban sprawl killing pitbulls

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

If I was a dog I'd bite you. In fact I'd bite you anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

error1 posted:

If they arrested the guy they most likely already shot his dog

In other word, OP is a dog murderer

That's only when they barge into the WRONG house, man.

• Locked thread