Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

dragon enthusiast posted:

whats the 11.0 thread subtitle

Don't Lick The Whisk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug

trucutru posted:

e: Zeta, if you want to make an OP first post it here so that we can bitch about your stupid opinions offer constructive criticism.

Okay, but most of it is going to be the same stuff that was copypasted into the last 3 versions of the thread. I'll add a link to the discord channel and probably some stuff about multiplayer.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Finally got my alt to 10% range in Ranking.

Main: 134k
Alt: 135k

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Kuros posted:

1% 140,754

10% 132,154

Hmm, current NA border for 10% is 132,436 and it continues to grow. Guess the tier ranking is NA -> JP :smug:

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Tir McDohl posted:

Hmm, current NA border for 10% is 132,436 and it continues to grow. Guess the tier ranking is NA -> JP :smug:

We still have 3 more days.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JP is going to be so jealous when we get Voltron which is probably 6 months or more behind the meta and has yet to be released.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Or any previews announced.

The OP should only have updates and new for the EU version.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Tir McDohl posted:

NA has an advantage in that the best strategy is already known. NA probably has more players that know you don't need to make a heart cross until the boss.

Ironically this advantage is different in non-fixed ranking dungeons because the huge delays mean power has creeped by the time they come, which causes the best strategy to be wildly different. In the Yamatsumi Cup, JP did not have any 7x6 leaders yet, so the JP top score was 135k with double Anubis, while the NA score was 149k with Ra x Aten.

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug
This is the plan for the new OP, most of it is just the same stuff again. Let me know if anything should be added and I will make the changes. Don't ask me to make new graphics because I don't know how.

I won't post the new thread today, I'll leave some time for people to comment.

quote:

Big thanks to Vanilla Mint Ice, Emalde, Zydoran, Tsurupettan, and DaveWoo for their awesome work on previous versions of this OP! thread 1 thread 2 thread 3 thread 4 thread 5 thread 6 thread 7 thread 8
Credit also to DACK FAYDEN, messagemode1, No Friend of Gravity, Omelette du Fromage, jarch3r, Reiterpallasch and a metric poo poo ton of others from IRC who worked on this OP, the wiki, and other resources.

Meet the largest-grossing free-to-play mobile game in the world, a crack-laced fusion of Bejeweled and Pokémon available on both the iTunes Store (USA) and the Google Play Store (USA). It is now also available on Kindle Fire. There are EU servers, though the majority of the thread is based on NA. Non-US people can also play on the US server: Android iOS

You can also play on the JP server which has much better rewards and gets updated faster than the NA version, but that is only recommended if you are a PAD expert or you can read Japanese.

Puzzle & Dragons, or PAD for short, is a SOCIAL, FREEMIUM game from JAPAN in which you kill monsters, take their eggs, hatch the eggs and fuse them to other monsters, and then evolve those monsters by jamming seeds and plants down their throats. The main part of this game takes place on a Bejeweled-style board, but you can drag an orb to any location on the board while displacing other orbs to create huge combos. Also the art is rad. Watch it yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09rxfbYCae4&t=18s

Intrigued? The puzzle part is pretty neat, but there's actually massive depth to this game. Once the training wheels come off, enemies start showing up in larger groups and hitting for thousands of damage. In most F2P games this is just a bullshit paywall, but PAD is fundamentally different from most freemium games, and it's very possible to get deep into the endgame without spending a dime.

...but yes, there is IAP. You do not need it, but it does speed things up significantly. Try not to spend hundreds of dollars every month.

The resources available to English-speaking PAD players have improved significantly in the past year, but goons being goons we like to think that we maintain

:siren: --> THE DEFINITIVE LIST OF STARTER GODS <-- :siren:

If the monster you roll from the Rare Egg Machine at the end of the tutorial isn't listed on the page above, reroll!

Extremely generous goons ChikoDemono and Kuros often use events to generate new accounts for newbies. If you're tired of rerolling, ask in the thread if they have any extra accounts! If you decide you want to contribute extra accounts for newbies, post in the thread so you can be added here. You can either have your device rooted or get a device change code from them.

:siren: NEWBIES, POST YOUR LEADER AND FRIEND ID ONCE YOU'RE DONE REROLLING :siren:

In addition to hosting the SA PAD Guide, http://www.padherder.com/ (created and maintained by our own Mad Cow Fred) is the place to find goon friend leaders. If you don't have an account, make one! This is all but required if you are going to ask for team advice - just add your most important monsters and leave out the other crap.

Also, multiplayer was added to the game awhile back, so now you can coop pretty much all of the content with a friend. There are even bonuses for doing so!

The best place to ask questions is in the Discord channel HERE. The room is always active, and full of friendly whales veterans. This is also the best place to go if you need a specific friend god (like Green Odin) or want to watch :retrogames: during a Godfest.

There is also an IRC channel, #pad on irc.synirc.net. You can even access the channel from a web browser client.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/ is the main English database, where can see upcoming dungeons, events Godfests, etc. It's a great site when it loads. Contributed to by our own Unknown_PC!

Also, if you're interested in seeing the differences between the North American and Japanese versions of PAD (i.e. all the cool stuff Japan has that we haven't gotten yet), the Reddit PAD group maintains a fairly comprehensive list of the version differences.

Bonus:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Well its not the highest grossing mobile game in the world anymore for one, rip

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

I should get back into the rerolling game. No one ever wants the JP accounts I have.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

I got 9,999,999 problems but too many monster points aint one

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

"My Waifu Lies Over the Ocean"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
You should make the Discord link bigger. Like, keep the capital HERE but make the link from the word Discord to the end of HERE. Make it easy on people!

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

This is fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKzh2s6FaW4

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
GungHo should add the nice button to single player

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zeta posted:

This is the plan for the new OP, most of it is just the same stuff again. Let me know if anything should be added and I will make the changes. Don't ask me to make new graphics because I don't know how.

I won't post the new thread today, I'll leave some time for people to comment.

Looks good to me. Go for it!

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Speaking of starter accounts, I have a Rank 150 account to give away with a lot of monsters and a pretty solid Ronove team:

The monsters in question:
Lightning
Moogle
Droidbot
Rinoa
Penelo
Squall
Onion Knight
Shantotto
Sanada Yukimura
Ronove
Rozuel
Sun Wukong
Christmas Alraune
Kisuke Urahara
Light Kali
Yasutora Sado
Pandora
Rei
New Year Hanzo
Satsuki
Chika & Minerva
Scheat
Snow White
Mel
Urd
Okuninushi
Verdandi
Kopis
Eschamali
Indra
Carat
Asuka & Eva
Yamato Takeru Asuka
Sherias
Gadius
Spica
Thumbelina
Freyja

It also comes with 363k monster points and 20 stones. Let me know if you're interested!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Nordis's dungeon only comes around about once a month, right? Need him and Deus ex (whom I thought I had but apparently not) so I can evo Myr and actually start using her while farming the pile of mats to make her final form.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Nordis's dungeon only comes around about once a month, right? Need him and Deus ex (whom I thought I had but apparently not) so I can evo Myr and actually start using her while farming the pile of mats to make her final form.

Nah, Nordis is in the Rogue/Rush cycle. Or just buy his dungeon for 500k coins.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

I would just buy the dungeons myself. Make sure you keep the drops from the Nordis dungeon too, it drops some of his evo mats IIRC.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I don't play that much any more, but I'm sitting on 700k mp. Is there anything worth purchasing right now or just hold onto it?

teams of note: https://www.padherder.com/user/padijun/teams/#249627

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

padijun posted:

I don't play that much any more, but I'm sitting on 700k mp. Is there anything worth purchasing right now or just hold onto it?

teams of note: https://www.padherder.com/user/padijun/teams/#249627

You have Kali, Isis, and LKanna so have most of the team for Ra Dragon.

You're lacking on the subs for DAthena though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kuros posted:

Nah, Nordis is in the Rogue/Rush cycle. Or just buy his dungeon for 500k coins.

Thanks didn't think of the coin dungeon. I ended up running it twice and even got a latent tama invade on the second run. Probably didn't need the 2nd Nordis but I was hoping for the holy dragon or threedia to drop.

They didn't. On either run. :argh:

I'm sitting on a max skilled Verche and nearly max skilled athena that I'll probably turn in to evo fodder instead of leveling others since I can't imagine Athena, let alone Verche, are going to be too useful on teams at this point.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I can make Myr now but I don't want to feed off my Revo Verche. :(

Maybe if I skill her up. I just don't care today.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Better start rolling those Hakus.

quote:

Meliodas
2 turn delay; R/B/D/H board change MAX 13 CD

Dark attribute 2.5x ATK, 1.5x RCV; Match Fire/Water/Dark for 30% shield, 4x ATK

alecm
Aug 20, 2004

Lorraine, I'm your density. I mean . . . your destiny.

trucutru posted:

Better start rolling those Hakus.

Not to mention he himself is bind-immune and has two 7 combo awakenings.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

I think subbing him into Dathena will be stronger. Shields attached to doing big damage are never too useful.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I kinda like Sakura.

She's really orb hungry but the payoff seems worthwhile, although her own active is kind of overkill on a lead.

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug
New Thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814596

Don't post here anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe