Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Me and a guy are still looking for third BFF bro. Using new meta stuff, Bastet, Shiva, Ra. Also Urd, L Kali, Lu Bu. Ganesha on weekends. This is pre-reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheQuietWilds posted:

Why is Noah leading? Such a poo poo card. Zeus Mercury is so much better at doing the same thing(other than being a giant blob of HP). Kaguya-hime and Gaia are far more interesting, and might actually be useful for something with decent awakenings and slightly boosted LS/AS. Quite disappointing.

Look, does Zeus have tits? No?

I hope this explains the intricacies of the Puzzle and Dragons (tm) voting system.

In my next article: Is Noah female? Let's analyze where Yomi is looking at: an alternative theory.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
Speaking of yomi, when is she getting a new ult? Hopefully soon, I'd greatly appreciate maybe a new skill with a shorter cooldown and more useful awakenings.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

WalrusWhiskers posted:

Speaking of yomi, when is she getting a new ult? Hopefully soon, I'd greatly appreciate maybe a new skill with a shorter cooldown and more useful awakenings.

People have been clamoring over getting her(or him I guess) an ult for a while now. So...
Soon™

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The Mystic Knights should all get second UEvos, Valkyrie style. And Athena, and extra prongs for all of them

And combination evolutions for the rest of the mechdragons, and a combination bowl dragon, and a combination cat dragon.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
unironically gobbos should get an ult that gives them a same-color subtype and a prong, It wouldn't be earth shattering but it would help make them more viable and make it easier for newbies to progress into the midgame where they can get the monsters to replace the gobbos

nogic
Jul 6, 2002

Doulos posted:

Time to poo poo up the new thread with BFF triangles:

This works for me, but Sono doesn't have AParv, so I'm not sure if nogic would be cool with it or not.

Sono posted:

I can do A Bastet in slot 2. She's max skilled, and I can start plussing after I get another 100 on Isis.

I do have Parv and Meimei, but I need to evolve the descended ingredients and haven't been looking forward to Cu Chu. No Ra, but he's my whaling target once the trash leaves the REM.

I (392,765,201) BF nogic (373,999,270) who BFs Doulos (?) who BFs me?

Reposting. Doulos, as soon as you check in and confirm, we can go ahead.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I kind of love how stubborn the JP player base is about getting Sakuya a new evo. Best part is most of it's because of the bad art on the L/W version.--they could probably undercut her support significantly just by updating the card with a better illustration. I was starting to wonder if hypermaxing her was the right decision, but their craziness makes it look like a decent long-term investment.

Unless Gung Ho gets fed up with the clamor, and makes the Awoken material 5 different versions of Kohryu, including 3 new ones that require 5 Piis of one color to evolve.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Rangpur posted:

I kind of love how stubborn the JP player base is about getting Sakuya a new evo. Best part is most of it's because of the bad art on the L/W version.--they could probably undercut her support significantly just by updating the card with a better illustration. I was starting to wonder if hypermaxing her was the right decision, but their craziness makes it look like a decent long-term investment.

Unless Gung Ho gets fed up with the clamor, and makes the Awoken material 5 different versions of Kohryu, including 3 new ones that require 5 Piis of one color to evolve.

It's because they actually want Sakuya to be, you know, good.

shiatza
May 15, 2005

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

what I'm getting from these videos is that she's a farmable leader with the worst, most boring playstyle in the game that STILL can't do poo poo without multiple, REM only subs, and she's a lovely sub to boot

this is good how?

Like, seriously, that trifruits video could have been a quarter of the length if Ares was leading paired with an Ame friend to clear binds and, like, Hurra, Gigas and Ifrit, and Hera Rush can be done in half the time with a non-IAP Beelz/Sonia team

same reason luci gets in on every pc godfest

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rangpur posted:

They could have all the new super-legendary dragons (Zaerog8, etc) plus Scarlet be her materials and players wouldn't bat an eye.

It's not about the art, it's because -for whatever reason- the people at GungHo always drag their feet for her evos. She has won two contests already yet she has less forms than her cousins, which is pretty BS. Why do the sisters get so many? they are great subs anyways while Sakuya is kinda useless if not a leader.

Since she is due for her awakening I sure hope she gets a mechanic similar to Kite's or gets a large boost to light damage. A big change to her active (think Kagu, Minerva) would also be great.

And Yomi is totally getting a third time extend awakening.

change my name posted:

It's because they actually want Sakuya to be, you know, good.

She's still very good but not that fun to play compared to the other rainbow leaders and their gimmicks. She's one of the few who can clear every dungeon in the game, after all.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 16, 2015

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Khanstant posted:

Me and a guy are still looking for third BFF bro. Using new meta stuff, Bastet, Shiva, Ra. Also Urd, L Kali, Lu Bu. Ganesha on weekends. This is pre-reset.

C'mon nerds I know one of you guys want in on this triangle! To be clear, I run (soon to be) hypermax A. Shiva in slot 1, hypermax Urd in active slot, and A. Bastet in the BF slot 2. I have max skilled A. Ra, LKali, A. Anubis (when that's live), and hypermax Kirin on the side too! I'm not picky about +eggs or whatnot, so if this sounds like a good fit for you let us know your leads and we'll make something happen!

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

I would join a triangle with ya'll but only after the reset, spent my BFF triangle poo poo months ago :(

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Paper Lion posted:

I would join a triangle with ya'll but only after the reset, spent my BFF triangle poo poo months ago :(

Yeah, same... :(

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Back playing again from a long break. Lots has changed.

Got Horus, masumune, hathor, and apocalypse. They any good? I mean I mean horus used to be hot poo poo. I also have Ra, is awoken ra the definite Ra ultimate?

In the coin shop, their are alternate dungeons, like "alt. Vesta cave". What's the point of these?

Also, my best friend has three monsters available. What determines the third one? One is the active leader you last used, one is the first, the last is?

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 16, 2015

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
Would I gain anything from doing a BFF now vs after the reset? I pretty much have no idea what they get me :v:

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Edit: @^ BFF someone who runs a hypermaxed version of your main lead right now, it makes it so that using them gives you 100 pal points and you can use them an unlimited number of times for 24 hours after they login. BFF them now so that you can get another bff after the reset!

Awoken Ra is the best leader in the game by miles (assuming you have his subs). Awoken Horus is basically just Awoken Ra but worse. Hathor is a good leader who is a little behind the meta but is due for an ult soon, and has IMO the best all-around farmable team in the game (Hathor/Valk/Zeus&hera/Takeminakata/Ult Light Golem/Hathor).

The alt. dungeons usually give fairly good rank exp, plusses and coins, but they also have a (small) chance to drop piis, which are monsters that guarantee a skillup to a monster of the same color as them

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

Would I gain anything from doing a BFF now vs after the reset? I pretty much have no idea what they get me :v:

If you add one before the reset, you'll be able to have two (as it will reset the bit that lets you add one, without deleting your old BFF) If you wait until after the reset, you'll only be able to add one.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

nogic posted:

Reposting. Doulos, as soon as you check in and confirm, we can go ahead.

While we wait, your PAD name is pollyseeSA, right?

Deep Winter posted:

Also, my best friend has three monsters available. What determines the third one? One is the active leader you last used, one is the first, the last is?

First, second, and active.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

100 pal points and a leader that's up for 24 hours.

If you use one now, you'll get a second one after reset. If you wait, you'll only get one. Until they do another reset that is.

The triangle thing we've been doing gets all 3 people 2 BFFs.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
Oh well in that case I should BFF trade with somebody running Verdandi I guess.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Holy gently caress. I have a Kali team and I can't run King of the Gods reliably. What the hell? I thought a 5 (6?) combo Kali attack would be enough but I died on room 9. I was saving my actives for Zeus too.

And the drat thing is a Dark type dragon, what the hell?

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Artificer posted:

Holy gently caress. I have a Kali team and I can't run King of the Gods reliably. What the hell? I thought a 5 (6?) combo Kali attack would be enough but I died on room 9. I was saving my actives for Zeus too.

Goemon with red orbs and Ruby Dragons are both tomorrow, and the rest of the mats for his ult come from weekday dungeons.

With those, a red orb enhance, and a red heartbreaker, you can roll right over KotG. Or just find 5 Rodin friends and play "press button, win game" on the first level of OoH.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Sono posted:

Goemon with red orbs and Ruby Dragons are both tomorrow, and the rest of the mats for his ult come from weekday dungeons.

With those, a red orb enhance, and a red heartbreaker, you can roll right over KotG. Or just find 5 Rodin friends and play "press button, win game" on the first level of OoH.

I think I have two Goemon already since I cleared Goemon for the stone before. What's the strat for him in KotG? I've beaten KoTG before with my Urd but it was a lucky, lucky thing. Dragon had a 2 turn timer, Zeus had a 3 turn + Echidna, etc. etc.

Edit: There are Mythical Descends that are easier for me for god's sake.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 16, 2015

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Sono posted:

Do you need the 5x leader skill? Because I have a max skill Rodin but an sl1 Goemon. For OoH, that is.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
So, I decided to look up Yamato Awokenchi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbDal-m8DCg Clearing PAD Island
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0DTCAsEhbU Damage Test

As a leader, ehhh, Lakshmi is more powerful, Skuld is more consistent. On the other hand, a zombie power isn't awful.
As a sub, you better make those prongs because the 3 orb damage leaves a lot to be desired. That said, his prong game is on par with LB.

Rows are also acceptable

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Time for some new thread BFF publicity. Me and scorpiobean are looking for one more to set up a pre-reset BFF triangle.

What we've got (re-posting from the previous thread):

scorpiobean posted:

I don't have anything hypermaxed yet, but I'm currently working on SS Isis. I also have L.Kali, Ronia, A. Bastet, Verdandi, Urd and a bunch of other fun things I can put up for people if needed. Here's my PADherder

I'd actually love more A. Parvati friends as it was kind of fun to use her as my Verdandi buddy, but that doesn't have to be a BFF requirement.

ID beannieSA 381,542,230

Mason Dixon posted:

My focus currently is with a combination of SS Isis/A.Parvati/Verdandi/L.Kali/A.Bastet/A.Ra/Pandora/Athena. Athena is the only hyper-max right now, but I only just started seriously getting pluses, so that will definitely improve.

DarkSun 344723382

In other news, decided to work more on getting good by taking A.Bastet into Zhera mythical. Ended up spending one stone due to not quite comboing hard enough after a gravity, but I should be able to 0-stone it the next time it comes around.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Artificer posted:

I think I have two Goemon already since I cleared Goemon for the stone before. What's the strat for him in KotG? I've beaten KoTG before with my Urd but it was a lucky, lucky thing. Dragon had a 2 turn timer, Zeus had a 3 turn + Echidna, etc. etc.

Edit: There are Mythical Descends that are easier for me for god's sake.

Goemon/Goemon with a red orb enhance (Horus, Phoenix), something that will make a bunch of red orbs (Ronia, Leilan, Ares, Prometheus, another Goemon, I've gotten away with Gigas or Red Valk but then you're going to need to be careful about carrying red and heal orbs into round 8), and 2 more red orb makers (Gigas, RValk, Chiyome, skilled ideally).

Rounds 1-7, stall enough that your big guns will be up and your HP down for 8. This means around 5 turns, depending on skill boosts, and is easy. A red orb match will kill anything except blue devils; a red prong or a 3 combo will kill those. Hoard red and hearts; fire Heartbreakers when needed but don't waste all the red in one round.

Round 8: Big non-Goemon thing, make rows, pretty much instakill unless you botch horribly.
Round 9: Goemon, instakill.
Round 10: Goemon, enhance, instakill.

Sono fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 16, 2015

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Quote is not edit.

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

Artificer posted:

A 6 combo with a light prong is enough damage between just the leader+friend Kalis to one shot the CDD. Do you not have enough awakenings?

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
https://www.padherder.com/user/atvSA

Probably the only thing that might be of interest to anyone in my box is my uevo'd verdandi, but it's not hypermaxed. If anyone wants to BFF trade let me know, otherwise I'll just pick somebody off my list with a maxed verdandi.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Artificer posted:

I'm going to assume you were either

a) running teams without all awakenings
b) running a team without monsters a sub-max level
c) Not using prongs

do all these things.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Finally +297'd my Bastet. I'm finally getting past the hump I was stuck at for a few months, woo!

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008
While I could continue to run KotG with Ronia until I die of boredom, I'd prefer to instead figure out more speed-runny kinda things. Does anyone have advice on dungeons/teams to run to get more +s/hr? I've got Goemon, Hino, and A.Ra to work with for button-pushing. Also have 3 ROdins on my friends list if challenge mode is the right way to go.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Xenogenesis posted:

A 6 combo with a light prong is enough damage between just the leader+friend Kalis to one shot the CDD. Do you not have enough awakenings?

gently caress. Maybe it was just 5 combos after all. I'm awful at this game. I'll look into making a Goemon team too. Until I can get things locked down better I'll stick with OoH.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

heisenberg posted:

While I could continue to run KotG with Ronia until I die of boredom, I'd prefer to instead figure out more speed-runny kinda things. Does anyone have advice on dungeons/teams to run to get more +s/hr? I've got Goemon, Hino, and A.Ra to work with for button-pushing. Also have 3 ROdins on my friends list if challenge mode is the right way to go.

Not sure if this is C.Mode or not but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9R4Z89XbNo

nogic
Jul 6, 2002

Sono posted:

While we wait, your PAD name is pollyseeSA, right?

First, second, and active.

Yeah that's me.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

That's regular mode.

Anyways, heisenberg, you can run what I run and do

Goemon/Ronia/Kagu/Some orb enhancer (Horus, Phoenix, Take, whatever)/Satan/Goemon

Stall a few turns, kill everything with 5-dark or 3-red then Goemon the last floors. Not the fastest but you should be able to make that team without much trouble

Lurkzilla
Aug 31, 2006

coaxmetal posted:

So i'm also in needs to find a BFF camp, still haven't used mine. This is my padherder https://www.padherder.com/user/coaxmetal/, just updated. Right now im leading with L/L ra but will switch to verd for farming once I get that team leveled up and evo'd. Ill keep ra in the first slot though. 2nd is up for grabs, i have dkali in it right now (also needs leveling).

So, im looking for someone who has some combo of ra/isis/lkali/verd/horus/whoever else is good with verd.

Also down to form a triangle ofc, but id like to use my bFF before the reset. I know GoodBee you had mentioned forming a triangle for that dkali.

id is 333177305

Don't know if I'm too late, but I'm in a similar position. Currently have a hypermaxed L Kali and an A Ra as my first two slots, and use Verdandi a lot. I've yet to BFF anyone so I'd be happy to do a triangle if we can find a third.

ID: 389,441,220

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
All this Goemon chat is making me want to put a team together. I have a Ronia and a R/B Shiva for row makers and an orb enhance, and I guess I could put Gigas in since he's max skilled and has -RCV, but I don't know what my other sub would be.

This would also require me to evo and level a Goemon though...

• Locked thread