Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

He also says that releasing another cartridge-based console is so stupid it might be subterfuge, and that the Ultra 64 might be secretly CD-based.

The Nintendo PlayStation would be too epic for this planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Almost every printed letter is people saying they like the magazine, and they think the magazine is good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They keep trying to put Magic Carpet in the same sentence as Ultima or Doom in talking about PC gaming, and it's clearly because they bought a ton of ad space.

Seriously what the gently caress is Magic Carpet.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Every issue, without exception, has had a preview for Virtua Fighter 2 or an article about its development. No wonder it was the 6th-greatest game of all time.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FactsAreUseless posted:

Every issue, without exception, has had a preview for Virtua Fighter 2 or an article about its development. No wonder it was the 6th-greatest game of all time.

its pretty good

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I had that issue. It was extra thick card stock.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for the adult who still has the character of a child."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A two-star review for Wario's Woods, gently caress you!

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Seriously what the gently caress is Magic Carpet.

its like one of those early-3d air combat games where you fly around an open space, except instead of being a jet or a spaceship you're on a magic carpet. i don't know why anybody would ever compare it to Ultima or Doom

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lesbian baphomet posted:

its like one of those early-3d air combat games where you fly around an open space, except instead of being a jet or a spaceship you're on a magic carpet. i don't know why anybody would ever compare it to Ultima or Doom
Because it has 24 spells! 24!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They write it Square Soft.

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

"I think Sonic has more to do with corporate identity than anything else. I also think Sonic the Hedgehog is a very good game, very beautiful. ... Of course, Mario is superior to Sonic in terms of the creative elements included in the game."

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

in the issue i linked they refer to shareware as "doom-onomics"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

They refer to Super Bomberman 2 as "the best multiplayer game of all time" in multiple issues.

You disagree?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lmao

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

lol wtf

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i mean they're not wrong about how good it is, but was bubble bobble getting rebranded as kirby a real thing?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

With his smug face and Magic Carpet

Magic Carpet?

Magic Carpet!

Magic Carpet...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lesbian baphomet posted:

i mean they're not wrong about how good it is, but was bubble bobble getting rebranded as kirby a real thing?
No, it's above a four-star review for Bust-A-Move.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lesbian baphomet posted:

kirby avalanche is a different game, its a puyo puyo

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Magic Carpet?

Magic Carpet!

Magic Carpet...

he is

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

FactsAreUseless posted:

"I do not know if it is pride that I feel toward the character Donkey Kong, but I cherish Donkey Kong as much as I do Mario."

Thank you

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, it's above a four-star review for Bust-A-Move.

lol again

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Peter Molyneux: "We can now use the SNES and Genesis as the doorstops they should have been years ago. I've always disliked them. As a designed I've despised them. Thank god they're going."

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Peter Molyneux: "We can now use the SNES and Genesis as the doorstops they should have been years ago. I've always disliked them. As a designed I've despised them. Thank god they're going."

Holy poo poo.

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

the smartest man in gaming said it, so pack it in i guess

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The lack of respect that Donkey Kong is afforded by the gaming community is disgraceful, and im glad someone was willing to speak up back then. Now? I just dont know anymore.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Magic Carpet?

Magic Carpet!

Magic Carpet...

Yes.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lmao

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

[unreal announcer voice] Holy poo poo!! [avgn voice] Son of a gently caress!!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Smartest Guy In Gaming:

FactsAreUseless posted:

Some Asiatic???:

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for the adult who still has the character of a child."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The copy for an ad for Kirby's Dream Land 2, in full:

"What's that smell? Oh, it's your butt, sizzling, scorched, and smoking. You made the tragic mistake of thinking Kirby's new buds were harmless stuffed animals. Man, were you burned. This is Kirby's Dream Land 2 for Game Boy and Super Game Boy and you're in the hot seat. Kirby's scraped under the desk of the animal kingdom and come up with a handful of down and dirty allies. They may look adorable, but they make Kirby deadlier than ever. Meet the owl that slings boomerang feathers. Shake fins with a fish that lets Kirby swallow under water. Kneel before the hamster that coughs up white-hot spheres of justice. "Cuddly"? Hardly. So hike up that asbestos underwear and watch your language."

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

The copy for an ad for Kirby's Dream Land 2, in full:

"What's that smell? Oh, it's your butt, sizzling, scorched, and smoking. You made the tragic mistake of thinking Kirby's new buds were harmless stuffed animals. Man, were you burned. This is Kirby's Dream Land 2 for Game Boy and Super Game Boy and you're in the hot seat. Kirby's scraped under the desk of the animal kingdom and come up with a handful of down and dirty allies. They may look adorable, but they make Kirby deadlier than ever. Meet the owl that slings boomerang feathers. Shake fins with a fish that lets Kirby swallow under water. Kneel before the hamster that coughs up white-hot spheres of justice. "Cuddly"? Hardly. So hike up that asbestos underwear and watch your language."

it's 1995, not 1992, and kirby is NOT loving around anymore

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

01011001 posted:

it's 1995, not 1992, and kirby is NOT loving around anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqVVG4FCq7w

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

President of Sega: "Nintendo did a good job - and I must give it credit - on Donkey Kong Country, and the company did a great marketing job. But even with that, we will outsell them on both hardware and software this year. It did have one good game though."

if he had been right video games would be in a better place right now

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

He also says that releasing another cartridge-based console is so stupid it might be subterfuge, and that the Ultra 64 might be secretly CD-based.

lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

-100 Karma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

ownage