Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Miyamoto says they're working on a Mario 64 sequel that will take "about a year and a half."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh that sucked, it was like three questions.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh, I haven't really been paying attention to it, but apparently they've been covering something called the M2 for months, which was a "64-bit super console" developed by a company called Matsushita that was a big deal in rumors for a while.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh, I haven't really been paying attention to it, but apparently they've been covering something called the M2 for months, which was a "64-bit super console" developed by a company called Matsushita that was a big deal in rumors for a while.

that's Panasonic.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hironobu Sakaguchi, when asked why RPGs aren't more popular in America: "That will change next Christmas when FF7 comes out in the U.S.!"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I was thinking about screencapping the large article they did on how virtual reality is the future of gaming and posting that Time cover, but decided against it. I forget which issue it was in.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

One of the earlier ones, I think.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Can't wait to play the new RPG from White Wolf, Magic: The Gathering.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That's it. I'm out of magazine.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Thank you for the magazine.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
thanks

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hironobu Sakaguchi, when asked why RPGs aren't more popular in America: "That will change next Christmas when FF7 comes out in the U.S.!"

drat

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
thanks facts are useless

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

FactsAreUseless posted:

That was a add-on for the 3DO from what I remember. Might have been it's sequel hardware though, can't remember right off the top of my head.

edit: Never came out either, considering it's 3DO and all.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

yu sukuzi is allowed to say stupid poo poo because he made a lot of sega's best games.

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's it. I'm out of magazine.

it was good times

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

drat.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good thread even if I was owned on page 4, Facts.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

FactsAreUseless posted:

They keep trying to put Magic Carpet in the same sentence as Ultima or Doom in talking about PC gaming, and it's clearly because they bought a ton of ad space.

Seriously what the gently caress is Magic Carpet.

Magic Carpet is awesome. You can fly around and shoot fireballs and deform the terrain to make castles and fight other dudes on flying carpets. I played it more than Doom.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Count Chocula posted:

Magic Carpet is awesome. You can fly around and shoot fireballs and deform the terrain to make castles and fight other dudes on flying carpets. I played it more than Doom.

play more doom

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Who wants to read the first issue of Nintendo Power?

I'm not going through this one, everyone should just look at it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They have a spread on RBI Baseball, which was my baseball game of choice as a kid. I am happy about this.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Electronic Games, 1994. An article, not an ad.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Metal & Lace: Battle of the Robot Babes is for mature audiences only, which makes it slightly more kid-friendly than Kirby's Dream Land 2, a game which will chew you up and spit you back in your own mother's face.

However, both Metal & Lace and Mario Is Missing can be described as "a learning adventure that's way cool!"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I cannot believe that Every Mario Game is the fifth best game of all time, and also that Mario 64 is the best game of all time.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

1992, Electronic Games lists the "five best cartridges" for...

Genesis:

Sonic the Hedgehog
Toejam and Earl
Desert Strike
Mickey Mouse in the Castle of Illusion
John Madden Football

SNES:

Super Mario World
Super Star Wars
Street Fighter II
Link To The Past
Pilotwings

NES:

Super Mario 3
Battle Toads [sic]
Mega Man 4
Contra
Castlevania III

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest receives an 86, 2 points lower than the preceding review: Crue Ball, a Motley Crue pinball game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Night Trap receives an 89 and is described as a "must-have for owners of the Sega CD."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So if you have a Sega CD and can't decide if you should get Lunar or Night Trap, get Night Trap. It's 3 points better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011