Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Weight problem? Here's some methamphetamine and barbiturates COMBINED to help you out

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

Weight problem? Here's some methamphetamine and barbiturates COMBINED to help you out

I was born at the wrong goddamn time.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

According to google, it's posting in yospos:

lmao

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

So what are some good tips on calming down when anxious? This would actually be beneficial for me.

stop caring so much about stuff, we'll all be dead soon anyway. read up on the psychological benefits of self efficacy: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-efficacy. eat a lot of butt, gargle some balls, embrace your inner homo. do not dismiss that last part it is important.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
lol anxiety is real , its how you deal with it that makes you a worthless person or not.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

Anxiety is a choice, now theirs a solution

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Poetic Justice posted:

Anxiety is also caused by trying to change things you have no control over.

this is the kind of anxiety that crippled the greatest men who ever held pen or sword, so maybe it deserves a different word than when a kid cancels a date because he is fat and has a pimple, i really think these need to be clearly divided into entirely different words

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I usually feel anxious as a result of bad decisions which informs me to make better decisions.

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

lol I would become a fat moody rear end in a top hat just to get on this ride. God drat puritan heritage bullshit, we were so close to soma for the masses but we've hosed it all up. Now we get to be miserable and drug free!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
not all people need drugs to not be miserable :smaug:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Anxiety isn't a choice, but the nature of anxiety does seem to present the subject with some element of (forced) choice

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Anxiety is the subject's affective response to the threat of non-being, simply put. It's the terror of the infinite, the void, the nothing.

Anxiety, unlike fear, has no object. The mind will try to change anxiety into fear by finding an object to fear, because objects can be dealt with.

Anxiety is pure in it's lack of objectivity.

Anxiety is the terrible paradoxical invitation of God to embrace one's freedom by affirming one's fate. To assert one's being over and above one's non-being. To

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
everyone thinks anxiety is woody allen neuroticism but it's really not, so gently caress him for creating the stereotype and also for being a pedo

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zzulu posted:

not all people need drugs to not be miserable :smaug:

Lol if you think you're not miserable

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Poetic Justice posted:

Anxiety is also caused by trying to change things you have no control over.

Oh poo poo thanks good looks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

amphetamines are great, i'd recommend grabbing some low dose adhd amphetamines (trucker pills) and using them in moderation to anyone feeling run down/depressed/anxious.

• Locked thread