Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I checked HellMOO out, mostly to see what the population over there is like, and I think I like it better. Forty some players are usually on and I feel like having a grind option helps with character development. It can be kind of slow for some skills but if you don't want to use it you don't have to. Somebody said HellMOO had gone all carebear and there was no PvP but I got PKed no problem.

Still don't know that I'll stick around very long. But if you're finding Inferno lacking you might try over there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Frog Assassin posted:

I checked HellMOO out, mostly to see what the population over there is like, and I think I like it better. Forty some players are usually on and I feel like having a grind option helps with character development. It can be kind of slow for some skills but if you don't want to use it you don't have to. Somebody said HellMOO had gone all carebear and there was no PvP but I got PKed no problem.

Still don't know that I'll stick around very long. But if you're finding Inferno lacking you might try over there.

How exactly does grinding help with character development vs everyone just buying their skills from trainers and saving a lot of time without making you sub-optimal because you didn't decide to engrave leather berets for a week.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Slime posted:

How exactly does grinding help with character development vs everyone just buying their skills from trainers and saving a lot of time without making you sub-optimal because you didn't decide to engrave leather berets for a week.

The more time required to put into a character, the more pubbie tears there are to harvest.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Slime posted:

I like being able to turn it on for a skill and forget about it. I have no idea if not grinding is sub-optimal or not. Experience isn't hard to come by, so I don't see how buying things up instead of grinding could hurt anybody, especially not long term. I like the bigger playerbase of HellMOO, and the more filled out wiki is nice too. That's all.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The main difference between the two games is player count because they're both equally bad in literally every other respect. Um I guess InfernoMOO has a more secure password system

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Today someone broke into my apartment while I was idling and destroyed my precious collection of player heads. Now I have to go murder more people to take their heads, loving hell!

Oh and we robbed said player while she had stars and stole or destroyed all of her belongings. Everything went into an incinerator. The moo started freaking out from the sheer amount of text we were tossing in that incinerator, in the end we incinerated just over a million hellbux worth of items, and most of those items were worth a tiny amount of money if we sold then to NPCs. It took over two hours to destroy all that loving text. We cut the size of the database by about 800kb, which when it's all just text items says a lot about how many text items were in there.

Things like this are why I love this game.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I became a prog recently, and I implemented my first piece of ~content~ today: reworking the deadknight to be less Necanthrope. It now looks cooler and no longer uses a stupid whip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
death to america

• Locked thread