Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

fat gay nonce posted:

Can I get an invite please: ELROBAK thanks

Invite sent. Once this invite is accepted, the gem boiz will be full until the guild ranks up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Dragongem posted:

Is this one of those "could play for hours" game or something I can pop in, do like 10 minutes or so, and pop out?

You can play for a little bit. Check it out.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
You can do 10 minutes. A match just takes a few minutes and it doesn't take long to start them.

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE
Can someone send me a guild invite when you get a chance? My invite code is: VERNO

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
Honor shouldn't be spent on maps. Once the guild gets rolling, you'll have constant supply (I'm sitting on about 175) right now. Spend honor on the weekly goodies.

Gold should be spent on guild activities, as these are going to be the best ways to get keys, diamonds, etc.

Diamonds should be saved and spent on armor, with the best being dragon armor (for the 100% gold bonus, to help with guild activities).

It's tedious, but super important that you finish the challenges in each kingdom for the level up. Leveling up a troop to 15 will also level up the kingdom it's a part of.

If you're looking for a quick team to get gold and souls try this:
Treant
Alchemist
Banshee
Valkyrie

Alchemist charges Valkyrie, Valkyrie fuels Banshee, Banshee kills everything. Treant is there for defense and to clear out brown orbs.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

The Pell posted:

Honor shouldn't be spent on maps. Once the guild gets rolling, you'll have constant supply (I'm sitting on about 175) right now. Spend honor on the weekly goodies.

Definitely save a good chunk of Glory, but it's okay to spend it on maps once you get a decent reserve. Staying above 100 is probably pretty safe.

If you get pvp rank 1 on Monday you'll get something like 98 Glory from the Daily rewards for the week. This week was expensive to get both weapons, but usually you only need somewhere around 70 for the weekly thing. Maps also give several Glory from a good run.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
All of the currencies seem pretty limited at first, but after a while, you'll have enough of pretty much everything. Also, the rewards gained from maps aren't worth the time spent compared to PvP battles assuming you have the good armor.

Glory is the only thing that seems really tight at first, but after a month or two, you'll have more than enough for whatever shows up for the week. Its never worth blowing on maps because the weekly rewards are not always priced the same. Plus sometimes they have one item, and sometimes two.

The good thing is that even without spending a dime, you can get literally everything in the game and be rolling in resources. Right now I have 6k Glory, 3k diamonds, 175 maps, and a ton of gold.

This is easily the most generous Freemium game I've ever played.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

The Pell posted:

Right now I have 6k Glory, 3k diamonds, 175 maps, and a ton of gold.

:stare: No offense, but I think you are a little far removed from where we are. If you are totally out of things to buy, sure they are useless. To me and most people here treasure maps are still really lucrative if you have extra glory. I really enjoy the treasure map mini game anyway.

UScr00ge
Mar 15, 2001

Just tried this out. Seems pretty cool. I'm enjoying it a lot more than the Marvel one.

Can someone send me a guild invite when you get a chance? My invite code is: USCR00GE (with zeros).

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Bandire posted:

:stare: No offense, but I think you are a little far removed from where we are. If you are totally out of things to buy, sure they are useless. To me and most people here treasure maps are still really lucrative if you have extra glory. I really enjoy the treasure map mini game anyway.

I'm with you on the maps. It's fun to just get a poo poo-ton of combos.

I'm going to take one final opportunity to poo poo on the single-player kingdom stuff. To finish a kingdom is probably somewhere around 20 battles. That gets you one kingdom point, which isn't terrible. Then you can do the challenges... I think there are around six or more challenges with five levels each. Completing all 30+ challenges gets you another single kingdom point and bunch of souls and you're none the richer in gold.

Arena is 9 battles at max. Of you can do well, which isn't hard, you get a 500 gold return, 2 keys, 400 souls, and 10 trophy points for the guild. For a player just starting out, this is the mode you should focus on. The keys help you get new troops and the souls power them up. You can almost always assemble a winning team from what they give you.

Sure, if you have a million gold, over 9000 gems, and glory out the glory hole, gently caress around with the challenges. But when you're first starting out, you're not going to get a great team and be much good to your guild progress spending 40+ battles on single player challenges. Get the epics that you want, then stick to something that will get you a great team.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Well, let's put it this way. I'm about a month in (I started shortly after the Android release) and I'm at total earnings of around 700-800K gold (I dumped a fair amount into a pubbie guild before joining Gem Boys), 500+ Gems, 32 unused Maps, and have been buying all the big stuff and sitting at around 400 Glory at all times. It'll take me a while to earn enough gems for the 500 armors but it's coming, and after that I can see how everything can pile up.

On the other hand, Treasure Maps are fun regardless of how much you have.

The Challenges are soul-crushing unless you really really need Souls or really want that tiny extra boost to your home Kingdom. That said, the bonuses for a pimped-out home Kingdom are pretty nice. You have to be slightly fussy choosing one if you want it maxed out (not all Kingdoms have eight troops available yet, even if you have phenomenal Epic/Legendary luck), but a Level 10 Kingdom gives you +10% Tribute and +2 Armor, +1 Attack, +1 Life, +1 Magic and +25 to all Masteries when fighting/defending there. It's worth it to level-15 your commons and rares in your kingdom of choice.

delfin fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 19, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Im about a month in as well of playing a few matches a day. I got 70+ maps, 400 gems, and about 10 level 15 units. I stopped playing arena once my team each max level, because pvp and maps were more fun for me.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
As a former P&D addict, this will probably be super bad for me.

invite code: Donglover

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I've been seeing some crazy poo poo in PVP. Like level 45s with multiple legendaries/epics fully leveled. I cannot imagine how much money they're dropping on this.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I just got two goblin kings, any reason to keep a second around?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
A comedy team of Goblin/Goblin King/Goblin Queen(other King)/Goblin Rocketeer?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Probably not. Goblin King isn't that strong in the first place, and will be even worse if you have to fatties taking up space, making his already bad ability useless.

Goblin, Goblin Shaman, Goblin Rocket, and GK would make a nice team though. Putting the Goblin in front will ensure he gets knocked out, thus making room for GK's ability.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

The Crooked Warden posted:

As a former P&D addict, this will probably be super bad for me.

invite code: Donglover

Invite sent.

I'm starting to hit a bit of a brick wall in pvp. My party just isn't strong enough anymore to beat all of the all legendary teams without some luck. I managed to get to rank 4 with a party of Warrior's Axe, Sacred Guardian (lvl8), Warlock (lvl7), Ranger (lvl7).

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Obscil posted:

Invite sent.

I'm starting to hit a bit of a brick wall in pvp. My party just isn't strong enough anymore to beat all of the all legendary teams without some luck. I managed to get to rank 4 with a party of Warrior's Axe, Sacred Guardian (lvl8), Warlock (lvl7), Ranger (lvl7).

You don't need legendaries to grind out pvp - just a decent combo. My current team is a rock worm and alchemist feeding brown and yellow gems to a wolf knight. The only times I lose are generally when I get no brown gems at all. Maybe play a few challenges to get more souls and level up your dudes.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Finally picked up this game. The AI is exactly like PQ1 and I am enjoying wrecking it with an underleveled team. I do miss having items and spells dedicated to turning the board red then unleashing explosions on everything.

Anyways, let me into the goon guild please. Invite code STASISSA

passaged
Oct 16, 2007
Would like an invite if there space, invite code: PASSAGED

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Obscil posted:

Invite sent.

You just need a few more levels for your troops. Do the Stormheim quest chain to get Valkyrie to get way more souls per battle to help level up. Also, legendary teams are super slow, and there are plenty of non-legendary teams that will tear right through them. The team I posted earlier is composed of all troops that are super easy to get.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

The Pell posted:

You just need a few more levels for your troops. Do the Stormheim quest chain to get Valkyrie to get way more souls per battle to help level up. Also, legendary teams are super slow, and there are plenty of non-legendary teams that will tear right through them. The team I posted earlier is composed of all troops that are super easy to get.

Valkyrie isn't a quest reward. She's just a normal rare.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

My best team early on was Hero, Druid, Valkyrie, and Goblin Shaman. Druid is a wrecking ball and does 16-20 random damage for 12 mana at max level. Not being able to target specific enemies is a downside, but you should be able to feed it mana fast enough for it not to matter.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
This is going to be a dumb question but when you log in the morning what things do you do first? I'm used to games where there are dailies which helps me keep in order what I should be doing but this game ISO new to me. My understanding is to just pvp most of the time. True?

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

The Pell posted:

Just got to rank 3. You were right. I had just been unlucky it seems. Some of those legendary cards are so slow you can take a while to kill them and they still might not activate their abilities.

EDIT: I'm also trying out a goblin shaman to fuel my ranger and it is going well so far.

Obscil fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 19, 2015

UScr00ge
Mar 15, 2001

Obscil, can you invite USCR00GE as well? Wanna get in on that hot key action.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Left my pubbie guild, please invite GILOK

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Unfortunately the gem boiz are full right now. So, I can't send any more invites. Kutkufan, you might want to consider removing Zotics from the guild if they continue to be inactive. He hasn't played since joining and still has just the three beginning troops. Normally I'd be like to be more lenient about playing regularily, but it just seems like he hasn't played at all since joining.

In happier news, Rock Worm can really tear poo poo up in the arena. It managed to win most of the games on my first arena run. The rest of the games were won by my Valkyrie, Berserker combo. So that was a pretty successful foray into the arena.

UScr00ge
Mar 15, 2001

drat. Just missed the train. I posted for an invite earlier but I think I got lost in the shuffle. Think it'd be worth it to set up a 3rd guild then?

UScr00ge fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 19, 2015

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

UScr00ge posted:

drat. Just missed the train. Think it'd be worth it to set up a 3rd guild then?

gem boiz are the third guild I think, unless they are the OG one? Gem blossums the 2nd guild is full otherwise Id invite you to that

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can make another guild.

I'm gonna try for ACME Gooniversity or Steven Gooniverse.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

UScr00ge posted:

drat. Just missed the train. I posted for an invite earlier but I think I got lost in the shuffle. Think it'd be worth it to set up a 3rd guild then?

Gem Blossums just ranked up and opened a new slot, I sent you an invite.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Gem Blossoms looks to have a free spot

UScr00ge
Mar 15, 2001

Daveski posted:

Gem Blossums just ranked up and opened a new slot, I sent you an invite.

Got it...thanks! Gotta get dem keys.

Disco Bandit
Nov 15, 2004

All I want for christmas is a winning season
I just started recently, but can I get a guild invite to the (I guess 4th?) guild. My invite code is IPJONES_1

Where do I have to be in the progression to unlock the area? When I click that it just says "Complete More Quests."

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Disco Bandit posted:

I just started recently, but can I get a guild invite to the (I guess 4th?) guild. My invite code is IPJONES_1

Where do I have to be in the progression to unlock the area? When I click that it just says "Complete More Quests."

You have to beat the boss of the first region

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Tony Homo posted:

This is going to be a dumb question but when you log in the morning what things do you do first? I'm used to games where there are dailies which helps me keep in order what I should be doing but this game ISO new to me. My understanding is to just pvp most of the time. True?

If I am not rank 1, then invade. If I am rank 1, then Arena. Rarely I will do quests, challenges, or treasure maps. Dump gold into guild tasks, dump souls into a troop.

It's all the same basic game play, so I mostly try to maximize the rewards.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

How many people are still waiting for invites? The 2nd and 3rd guilds should start growing pretty quickly, and OG Gem Boys has an inactive guy that needs to be punted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

How many people are still waiting for invites? The 2nd and 3rd guilds should start growing pretty quickly, and OG Gem Boys has an inactive guy that needs to punted.