Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Toshimo posted:

The gold skills are useless for generating gold, but are great at gem switching.

Exactly! I had a great system going where I could use Alchemist/Valkyrie/Banshee to generate gold/souls and switch orbs to fuel each other, along with Finley to generate even more gold and take skulls off of the board. Once I got things going, I could generate practically infinite turns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
There is an open spot in Gem Blossoms right now, if you still need in a guild speak up!

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
I do, I just started the game the other day though. Invite code is: SHEP SHEPPY

warsow
Jun 28, 2009
If there is also another opening I will take it.

Invite is WARSOW_1

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

rotaryfun posted:

I do, I just started the game the other day though. Invite code is: SHEP SHEPPY

The game isn't recognizing that code, you sure that's correct?

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

This is it right here right?

did I break it by having a space?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

rotaryfun posted:

This is it right here right?

did I break it by having a space?

Got it - I had to put an extra space at the end for some reason, weird. Sent!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I love how uninterested the male faces are.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

Rock on! Thanks!

^^^^ you're right... he looks completely bored. He couldn't care less.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So I guess there's also a limit of 40 souls per battle, too? Man, this game won't let me exploit anything! :argh:

(On the plus side, I'm getting 1-2 treasure maps per battle, thanks to all the orb-changing.)

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm having a hard time figuring out what to actually do. I've been doing quests but they seem largely useless outside of actually leveling up your guy. You barely break even with alchemist gold wise. It doesn't seem to yield anything else that is useful.

My team currently is my hero, Tao, druid alchemist. I've completed the first zone, and I'm a little ways into Adana. I think I could swap out druid for another utility to make my team synergize better. But I'm just having a hard time figuring out what to do in game to make progress.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Zotix posted:

I'm having a hard time figuring out what to actually do. I've been doing quests but they seem largely useless outside of actually leveling up your guy. You barely break even with alchemist gold wise. It doesn't seem to yield anything else that is useful.

My team currently is my hero, Tao, druid alchemist. I've completed the first zone, and I'm a little ways into Adana. I think I could swap out druid for another utility to make my team synergize better. But I'm just having a hard time figuring out what to do in game to make progress.

The new zones are bad for making money, arena and PvP are the good ways to advance until you get a better gold base and team combos that can pump out the money

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

But I keep getting matched with people 8 levels higher.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 21, 2015

Lt. Broccoli
Jun 4, 2006

It just sits there. Completely harmless.
If anybody makes that fourth guild or there's a space, invite code AHJESS and you probably won't remember regretting it!

TeffaBob
Feb 2, 2003

Zotix posted:

But I keep getting matched with people 8 levels higher.

Likewise, I'd like to PVP but I keep getting matched with lvl30+ targets when I'm only lvl10.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

TeffaBob posted:

Likewise, I'd like to PVP but I keep getting matched with lvl30+ targets when I'm only lvl10.

Do arena until you got an entire team of 10+ units. Then pvp.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Big thanks to the guys and gals in gem blossums helping out with invites and all that. I login each day and throw gold at tasks and try to do some arena
Not much time for much else with working 70 plus hours a week right now
So thanks again. I also keep spending my tokens on rewards and I'm pretty sure others can too

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Shwqa posted:

Do arena until you got an entire team of 10+ units. Then pvp.

This is the best advice in the thread. Regardless of what the OP says, your best bet for gold early on when you have poo poo units that have no levels is to do the one activity where that doesn't matter.

Drafting purely off the tier list that got posted and covering as many colors as I can, I got 8 wins consistently unless I got lazy or impatient. Even then I've never not broken even and walked out with less than one key for my troubles.

Do arena. Do it.

Russian Remoulade fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 21, 2015

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Couple of quick questions:

- I'm active each day and would love an invite: ENDYMION_1

- I pulled a Raven and he owns pretty hard. Here's my current team:

- Hero (6AR/11hp) - Hunter's Spear - Yellow - thinking of changing weapon to guardian halberd (3-9 damage to random enemy)
- War Sphinx (4 AR/7hp/4 ATK) - The Riddle (jumbles board, extra turn) - Blue/Purple
- Druid (3 AR/6hp/2atk) - Thorn Whip (3 damage to 2 random enemies, 1 damage to adjacent enemies) - Green/Blue
- Wolf Knight (3AR/4hp/4atk) - Hunt (2 true damage, +3 if enemy wounded) - Black/Yellow

What should I look to improve in that group?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The Crooked Warden posted:

This is the best advice in the thread. Regardless of what the OP says, your best bet for gold early on when you have poo poo units that have no levels is to do the one activity where that doesn't matter.

Drafting purely off the tier list that got posted and covering as many colors as I can, I got 8 wins consistently unless I got lazy or impatient. Even then I've never not broken even and walked out with less than one key for my troubles.

Do arena. Do it.

Where is this tier list?

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Zotix posted:

Where is this tier list?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3711191&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=62#post448750173

E: that should probably go in the OP

Russian Remoulade fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 21, 2015

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

a shameful boehner posted:

- Hero (6AR/11hp) - Hunter's Spear - Yellow - thinking of changing weapon to guardian halberd (3-9 damage to random enemy)
- War Sphinx (4 AR/7hp/4 ATK) - The Riddle (jumbles board, extra turn) - Blue/Purple
- Druid (3 AR/6hp/2atk) - Thorn Whip (3 damage to 2 random enemies, 1 damage to adjacent enemies) - Green/Blue
- Wolf Knight (3AR/4hp/4atk) - Hunt (2 true damage, +3 if enemy wounded) - Black/Yellow

When one of us have a spot we'll try to grab you. Join pug guild until then

I would recommend leveling druid until you get someone better. His 12 damage, when leveled, is huge early on. I wish I had one sooner and still might put souls in him as only high armor teams seem to really hamper him some

Always try to druid then wolf knight for added damage

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
If there's still an open guild slot wherever I'm AKEMI HOMURA_1
I just started out, though.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

a shameful boehner posted:

Invite sent.

Rock worm can do some dumb stuff in the arena sometimes. My rock worm killed three enemy troops including the hero all in one combo today at the arena.

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

Been playing for a while and I'm tired of the inactive pubbie guilds. Can I get an invite for SPACEPOPE in any goon guild with a spot open? I'm active every day.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Obscil posted:

Invite sent.

Rock worm can do some dumb stuff in the arena sometimes. My rock worm killed three enemy troops including the hero all in one combo today at the arena.

Rock Worm is a drat champ. So far my only arena loss was because of one that just kept comboing himself until it ate my whole team.

Also built an Arena dream team today. Banshee, Valkyrie, Druid. I don't think I lost a single character through the whole thing. I also highly recommend the Staff of Madness from the Glory shop for anyone starting out and can afford it. It's been doing some drat work for me.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Just won a defense (a revenge? I guess) against a guy 40 levels above me (29 vs 69) playing with a full deck of legendaries. No idea why he would even attack me.

One of my crappy, underleveled cards? Rock Worm. Well, Frost Giant did most of the heavy lifting, but still.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Jibo posted:

Rock Worm is a drat champ. So far my only arena loss was because of one that just kept comboing himself until it ate my whole team.

Also built an Arena dream team today. Banshee, Valkyrie, Druid. I don't think I lost a single character through the whole thing. I also highly recommend the Staff of Madness from the Glory shop for anyone starting out and can afford it. It's been doing some drat work for me.

The other stone thing has been pretty awesome for me so far in arenas. I put my hero in the second slot and by the time my first slot is dead my hero's boosted a bunch of his stats. also fuels blue dudes.

Sarihn
Apr 13, 2006

Gilok posted:

The other stone thing has been pretty awesome for me so far in arenas. I put my hero in the second slot and by the time my first slot is dead my hero's boosted a bunch of his stats. also fuels blue dudes.

I just used that stone and bounced between the warlock (the guy that generates 7 blues and adds 1 to magic) and my hero for 10 minutes, letting the random skulls match and do their thing. Turns out, 19 magic is the max apparently. But turning 3/4 of the board blue then Brown while denying turns was pretty hysterical.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Is there any reason to hold onto multiple copies of the same troops?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The Crooked Warden posted:

Is there any reason to hold onto multiple copies of the same troops?

You need ten of them for a... rank up I think?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

You need ten of them for a... rank up I think?

Wait what? What is a rank up?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
You need a troop at 15 to rank up your Kingdom. The only reason I know of to have multiples of a troop is to have them defend multiple kingdoms for pvp (attach them to multiple banners).

Ranking up kingdoms helps with getting tributes and increased stat bonuses if you have that kingdom selected.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Ah yes. If you raise a unit to max level (15) it increases the rank of its home kingdom. You do not need 15 copies.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Shwqa posted:

Ah yes. If you raise a unit to max level (15) it increases the rank of its home kingdom. You do not need 15 copies.

Thank loving christ; I was suddenly very worried.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Good. I just dusted all my duplicates and y'all had me worried.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Coffeehitler posted:

You need a troop at 15 to rank up your Kingdom. The only reason I know of to have multiples of a troop is to have them defend multiple kingdoms for pvp (attach them to multiple banners).

Ranking up kingdoms helps with getting tributes and increased stat bonuses if you have that kingdom selected.

You only have to defend your home kingdom, and I'm pretty sure you can use the same troop for multiple banners. The banners just let you make a bunch of different teams that give bonuses to troops from their kingdom.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

You only have to defend your home kingdom, and I'm pretty sure you can use the same troop for multiple banners. The banners just let you make a bunch of different teams that give bonuses to troops from their kingdom.

Ranking up a kingdom gives you a bonus when invade or defend there. I have +1 armor to my whole team on two kingdoms.

This is different than the banner or mana bonus,

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Right, but you only ever defend in your home kingdom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Ah, I misunderstood how that worked.