Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I'm curious about how men and women interact with each other at the personal level, what it says about righteous men and women.

I'm curious about Islamic perspective on the household, values, and philosophy. I'm partincularly curious about Islamic epistemology

I would appreciate feedback from people who either either Muslims or who have studied Islam or have experience with Islamic culture.

Please don't ruin this thread wit a bunch of hate. if you have something to say that's critical, take the time to form sentences and give it some sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

anyone with some relevant background could shed some light on this?

http://islamqa.info/en/1105

quote:

Does Islam regard men and women as equal?
Is there a mention of the equality of women in the qur'an?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

now i know it's easy to cherry pick out of volumes of stuff i haven't read to super slam someone's faith, but i'm curious for real

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
ima buddhist

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

hey op ur a shiite poster and islam ur mom on thereg

PsionicAnt
Jul 16, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp-0JoSnY9U

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Muslims disdain turnips for some reason, think its a cultural thing not a quran thing

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
This will answer your questions, OP:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3545246

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I don't understand how people are not fascinated by islam, considering most americans have grown up heavily influenced by judeo-christian culture and islam seems to be either a reaction to or continuation of that

not to mention the enormous influence that islamic society has had on everything nerds like, such as algebra and glasses

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXc_zV2CnaQ

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Fun fact : muslims eat eggs sunni side up

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Muslims disdain turnips for some reason, think its a cultural thing not a quran thing

i wonder how many things are mistakingly cultural and not specifically religious

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Fun fact : muslims eat eggs sunni side up

those bastard!

Everyone knows over-easy is better

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I'm starting to think goons don't know anything about anything

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

all you need to know is that ali is the rightful successor to muhammad

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I'm starting to think goons don't know anything about anything

took you over a year, did it?

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
I've lived in the middle east for a decade and here's my deduction. It's okay, but its not great.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Who wrote the Koran and why was it written by a stupid dude?

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
You'll gain more insight visiting nearby place of worship than asking infidel goons.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How happy does Allah get when you let your daughter drown untouched and pure?

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Volume posted:

I'm pretty sure that was just JPost propaganda

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Volume posted:

she seemed pretty happy. you know. for being underwater

WobblySausage
Nov 7, 2014
Muslimes like to participle in such fun global acts such as: blowing up subways, flying airplanes (into buildings), and beheading people and throwing gay people off of really tall buildings (kind of like skydiving really).

They are a fun loving people who you can often find them at dancing in the desert to tunes such as Maher Zain Sami Yusuf and Zayn Malik. They alos like beaches and horses such as the arabian horse.

They cannot collect interest but they can collect "gifts" on loans instead so it's like the same thing.

Muslims are great allah hiel

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Under their bhurkas women look at you like :smuggo:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Does the Quran specify what sort of acid I should throw on a rape victim?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I really mean gently caress you. You don't want to have the idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWNQ_CH-8RY

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
It is the religion of peace

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
:happyelf:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

do not spew hatred or bigotry towards muslims in my thread.

it's true that today's global resistance movements towards the excessses ofglobal capitalism and western imperialism are characterized by their cultural background, including the muslim faith, but are we able to examine these topics with some degree of reason or good faith?

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This is the worst forum for this, go post in D & D.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
America has hosed the Middle East. ISIS = Khmer Rouge hth

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Prorat posted:

This is the worst forum for this, go post in D & D.

No, thank you

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
the jihad was already before us westerners got bombs

WobblySausage
Nov 7, 2014

corpuscollossus posted:

America has hosed the Middle East. ISIS = Khmer Rouge hth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
There's one guy who posts in GBS and is a muslim and has posted about it but apparently he's not on right now

Richard McBeef
Apr 21, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I know the religion involves fasting, making it difficult for Goons and Americans to handle.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So, I had an awesome teacher. Mrs. Northrop. There was a a dance and I wanted to pick up her son. I ran over a cat and nearly lost my mind. My favourite teacher who tried to teach me, had a son who was cool as her.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

There's one guy who posts in GBS and is a muslim and has posted about it but apparently he's not on right now

Caro is my hero

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I'm curious about how men and women interact with each other at the personal level, what it says about righteous men and women. not well

I'm curious about Islamic perspective on the household, values, and philosophy. I'm partincularly curious about Islamic epistemology not great

I would appreciate feedback from people who either either Muslims or who have studied Islam or have experience with Islamic culture. here is my feedback

Please don't ruin this thread wit a bunch of hate. if you have something to say that's critical, take the time to form sentences and give it some sense no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Read the super pro A/T thread where Muslim posters support death for apostasy and other hilarious medieval poo poo.

• Locked thread