Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

Antumbra was fair-to-OK for a UGC but it has that problem where too much proceeds turn-by-turn in combat mode. if I'm remembering correctly in the second part there is a combat encounter that is incredibly poorly designed and it takes forever to truck your rear end turn by turn across the map. Also if I'm remembering correctly the encounters tend to be really long-range affairs in wide open areas.

Overall I'd say it was a good average for SRR UGC. You'd never mistake the writing, encounter design for anything near the professional product, but it had some new ideas executed with varying levels of success.
Well at least it wasn't full of "You are now surrounded by ASSASIANS" typos and bus passengers dropping 20+ pages of setting exposition after being possessed by the exposition devil. I can roll with a few badly conceived encounters that take far too many turns, but yeah it was a little on the "too many of those" side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

The moment when you realize Is0bel uses a grenade launcher: :rock:

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Aug 21, 2015

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Of course Ractor, it's was pretty obvious you were diagnosed as a primary psychopath by the age of 8. And it's totally why you didn't "lose" any humanity with cyber, you never had a lot to start with.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Psion posted:

10% of players on Steam have "Welcome to the Shadows"

if you are in that 10% you are a bad :smug:
What kind of achievement is it? Failing the first mission? There is a really funny steam forum thread full of people who doesn't understand that they need to TAKE COVER in the first mission.
My favorite achievement is Tastes Like Chicken, even if it slightly spoil the whole Vampire thing, but it's kinda obvious by this point.

vvvv yeah if you are smart and not an rear end in a top hat you can do the mission without a fight. Also Ractor enjoyed checking the last drone models and you can actually use a drone there at the start of the mission.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Aug 23, 2015

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Rascyc posted:

Gaichu having actual stances seems like something they should have given to the Adepts but c'est'la'vie

I love how ham fisted the toting around a ghoul schtick is.

O M G A GOHUL :psyduck:

HE'S JUST IN A COSTUME

o ok go right in

It's funnier if you bring Gaichu AND Racter:
>IS IT A GHOUL?
>Yes but don't worry it's a drone and it's my bodyguard.
>BUT IT'S A GHOUL!
>Yes but i am DOCTOR RACTER, BRILLIANT DRONE SEARCHER and this is my experimental perfectly safe drone bodyguard made out of a ghoul corpse!
>YOU ARE MAD!
>Yes. Mad with SCIENCE AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Mymla posted:

Some of the mission descriptions seem to imply they have to be done quickly, or they disappear or something, but surely they didn't put something so archaic in this game?
The only really "urgent" "mission" which will progress by itself if you don't do poo poo is the Maximun Law thing. Bao will kill him after some time if you don't deal with him yourself.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

DeusExMachinima posted:

I've gotta say, the main story was the least interesting of all 3 releases so far.
You found the Bug Spirit invasion more interesting, really?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

DeusExMachinima posted:

The Yama kings are spirits that invade dude. DMS/Dragonfall actually wove the main story in amongst the runs. HK much less so.
Yeah and the bug spirit are the shittiest invasion spirits ever. At least you can trick the Yama Kings. Also it's maybe because i replayed the DMS mod on Dragonfall recently but lol DMS weaves next to nothing, really. I can understand preferring Dragonfall AI versus Dragon in Berlin setting to Hong Kong with another kind of spirit invasion but DMS? Really? The characters (both runners and locals) are a million times better in Hong Kong.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 29, 2015

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

sassassin posted:

Finished HK. Must have missed a lot of content because the ending was pretty boring and lame. Nothing happened and most of my party weren't interested in talking. Crafty's dialogue wouldn't progress through most of the game, and was just blank in the epilogue.
I systematically talked to everyone (EVERYONE) in the hub after i finished each mission and i got a lot of dialogues and minor choices happening. The doc and the whole club 88 family drama were my favorite. Finishing a mission and coming back to the hud triggers new dialogues, assuming you finished the previous dialogue before. It's also what allows you to get the better ending. Each merchands npc got its own little story going on with actually branching choices. Also i am pretty sure you can "miss" the Crafty's infodump by being a dickbag to her when talking about her mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

Didn't see this posted: HBS has launched their Battletech KS campaign

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech?ref=nav_search
Lol 240 000$/250 000 $ already.

• Locked thread