Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Another year of this poo poo is just about ready to hit the ground folks! Starting the thread for the annual SASFL Madden league for Playstation 4.

Some of the magical times we've had over the last couple years include:

Super Bowl winning Quarterbacks include such names as Geno Smith, Jay Cutler, Tim Tebow, RG3, Ryan Tannehil, and Carson Palmer.
There have been numerous broken controllers. There have been rage quits over any and everything! We have had a 6-10 team make the playoffs, and we had a season where a team went 13-3 and did not make the playoffs.

:siren:I anticipate to start this poo poo during the week of August 30th - September 4th.:siren:

:colbert:The Rules:colbert:
* We will be playing on All Pro Difficulty. We will use default sliders at the onset, and I reserve the right to make slight modifications depending on ~*EA MAGIC*~ (last year, we had to dial down CPU QB accuracy because Matt Flynn would go 21/22 on a user, and CPU INTs were dialed down a degree). For many of us, these sliders won't really matter but it's a pretty big boon to newer players to reduce the CPU game frustration. These have no effect on user games.
* Quarters will be 6 minutes with no run down.
* I am undecided on how we should approach Coach vs Owner, and I'm going to let us debate prior to the game's release. Last year Owner was pretty broken and many teams couldn't resign any Free Agents unless they relocated to a big market to actually make cash. Being a Coach negates that, but removes Hot Dog Vendor Simulator 2015 and relocation ability. We eventually went with the mantra of do either or, and it worked out well. I'm leaning that way this year.
* Cheesing isn't tolerated here. We can discuss it on a case by case basis, but lets not let it come to that. Let's be good sportsmen in here. Includes, but not limited to (going for it on 4th downs deep in your own field, nano blitzes, or abusing no huddle. If you have to think that a play you're using may be cheap or laughed at in the real NFL, you should probably not run it.)
* Running up the score aggressively on users is frowned upon.
* Changing teams is allowed, but only in the offseason. Once the season begins you are stuck with your team until the next preseason. No jumping teams mid-season.
* Pubbies can only join this league if an existing member will vouch for them and risk their place in the league. While we have had some pretty good pubbies in the league, we've had a few utter shitheads and we'd rather just keep them out.

CPU Games
Get them in, get the W. I don't care if you need to restart to get the W, but please don't restart just to pad stats or shake off injuries. If you blow them out, that's fine, but let's not restart 8 times to get your QB 900 yards. A new feature this year will allow me to assign a W to any matchup, so if you can't play a CPU game this year, we can discuss as a league if a sim or assigning a W is appropriate. Which will help keep CPU teams out of the playoffs, as in the past few years we've had people lose playoff spots to CPU sims.

Trades
I will begin the year with CPU trading DISABLED. We can discuss this as the year goes on or before we even start, but most of us shouldn't need to trade with the CPU. Generally, the overwhelming majority does not like this being available as it can and will be abused.

Team Priority
Any returning goons from last year's league get their first dibs on keeping their old team, or taking a new one. I will post the team list as it was at the end of our last season.

If there are disputes, and I know at least one (dave vs jabro for the Giants), please work these out amongst each other. I am not making any decision as to who will win a dispute on a team.

If you are not returning to a team, please post. With 32 teams, everyone should get a team that can play to their preference, and it's never guaranteed everyone will play beyond a season so some teams can and do open back up.

Schedule:
I aim to advance us on a 3 to 4 day schedule, or once all user games are played. If all games are in before that advance period we may advance, but to start off we'll go with 4 days. Please let Dubious know after 24 hours if you can't get a hold of your opponent and we will work from there. If everyone is done before hand, we will advance early. If you are the last person we are waiting on then you have 24 hours. So if everyone is done in 12 hours except for 1 person then he has 1 day after that to finish up their week or the league will advance. If you are playing the CPU then we expect your game to be done within 48 hours unless you mention it here.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
NFC East
Dallas Cowboys - Havoc904
PSN: Havoc904
Alt contact: PM

Philadelphia Eagles - Ty1990
PSN: tylerdonchez
Alt contact:

New York Giants -
PSN:
Alt Contact:

Washington "Professional" Football Team-
PSN:
Alt contact:

NFC South
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Afterfather
PSN:
Alt contact:

Atlanta Falcons - Vietcampo
PSN:
Alt contact:

Carolina Panthers - Jprime
PSN: jprime
Alt contact:

New Orleans Saints - D_I
PSN: Vermars
Alt contact:

NFC West
San Francisco 49ers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

St Louis Rams - davecrazy
PSN: dpcv8
Alt contact:

Arizona Cardinals - ShortThug
PSN: ShortThug
Alt contact:

Seattle Seahawks - Nagger
PSN: xbox_user
Alt Contact:

NFC North
Green Bay Packers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Minnesota Vikings -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Detroit Lions -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Chicago Bears - Da Goob
PSN: da_goob
Alt contact:

AFC East
New England Patriots - flickmaker
PSN: flickmaker
Alt contact:

Miami Dolphins - human being Guy
PSN: thenardpuppy
Alt contact:

Buffalo Bills -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New York Jets -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Jacksonville Jaguars -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Tennessee Titans - Dubious
PSN: dubious
Alt contact:

Houston Texans - Rad Valtar
PSN: Rad Valtar
Alt contact:

AFC West
Oakland Raiders - Paperback Writer
PSN: Paperback75
Alt contact:

Denver Broncos -
PSN:
Alt contact:

San Diego Chargers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Kansas City Chiefs -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC North
Pittsburgh Steelers - Traxis
PSN: xtraxisx
Alt contact:

Baltimore Ravens - Oberst
PSN: McShurto
Alt contact:

Cleveland Browns -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Cincinnati Bengals -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Dubious fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 4, 2015

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Is it that time already? Bears I suppose, PSN is username of course.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Looking forward to having a ridiculous offensive line this season. Hopefully Romo doesn't regress to a lovely rating after one season like he did last year.

NFC East is going to be a grinder again. I know Tebow and Beckham are going to cause me fits in 4 of the games.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

New York Football Giants

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

gently caress it. Let's see if I can not be the first to rage quit this year. (Shooting for at least second.)

I'd like the Patriots
psn is my user name and you can PM me.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Yepppppp Lions 4 me!

My psn is mdubb354 though....can't wait to be back at it!!!

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Aug 20, 2015

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012
I'm in.

I guess I'll be the Colts again.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Oh hey guys what's going on in this thread!

Give me the St. Louis/Los Angles Rams.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 20, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Teams are updated.

I am going to abandon the Philadelphia Tebows and go to the desert with the Cardinals. They have much better personnel for me to run my 3-4 than Philly does because of Chip's Wild Ride.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Logan Thomas 2.0?

Rams defense is stacked and Gurley running behind a pretty decent oline. :getin:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Logan Thomas 2.0?

It's gonna be Logan2Ellington checkdown city, baby!

Cardinals defense is fantastic for the scheme I like to run, and I get a couple years of decent Carson Palmer play while I work on developing Logan to be ready.

Everytime I use that team in a league I get amazing results.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I just looked up the Rams player ratings. The top 5 guys by OVR? The entire d-line and the punter.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Time to win another Super Bowl with Geno Smith!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Since it looks like Eli retires after one year can I trade him for Mariota and TEN's first round pick????????????

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I won a Super Bowl with Nasib last year in one league.

We doing a fantasy draft league too? I love the fantasy draft but I was getting seriously burnt out on madden towards the end there last year.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

davecrazy posted:

I won a Super Bowl with Nasib last year in one league.

We doing a fantasy draft league too? I love the fantasy draft but I was getting seriously burnt out on madden towards the end there last year.

I am up for running a fantasy league if no one else feels like dealing with it. Do you guys want to do a base fantasy league or a legends fantasy league? I really enjoy having the legends, but I know some people were having issues with computer games because the CPU teams would all have good lineups. I'm just a sucker for the idea of having a bunch of legends playing together.

Mass exodus from the East with Dubious and Dave. I don't think I had the chance to play jabro as the Giants last year before he stopped playing.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I dont want to run the draft league so go for it.

the legends league last year was seriously the most unfun thing ive ever experienced. God that was bad.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Psn: Fgdavis

Edit: I change my mind I want the chiefs

Metapod fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 22, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I have zero interest in legends. I might be down for a fantasy draft league using EAs release day rosters.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Havoc904 posted:

I am up for running a fantasy league if no one else feels like dealing with it. Do you guys want to do a base fantasy league or a legends fantasy league? I really enjoy having the legends, but I know some people were having issues with computer games because the CPU teams would all have good lineups. I'm just a sucker for the idea of having a bunch of legends playing together.

Mass exodus from the East with Dubious and Dave. I don't think I had the chance to play jabro as the Giants last year before he stopped playing.

I'm fun to play with. I only know two offensive plays: TD or INT. Eli is the only player to have a 5000-50-50 year.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I lead the league in INTs every year. gently caress it, going deep!

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I probably won't be able to pick this up at launch. Might be a couple of months so if the Steelers are still available when I do that's cool but don't hold a spot for me.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Thought you guys might enjoy this

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=3eVF9uBbuqc

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Ah cool, I will indeed be back as the Raiders. Carr2Coop!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Team list updated.

goddamn it's tempting to take the Titans now that metapod went with the Chiefs. Throw poo poo up to Justin Hunter and DGB all day long.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dubious posted:

Team list updated.

goddamn it's tempting to take the Titans now that metapod went with the Chiefs. Throw poo poo up to Justin Hunter and DGB all day long.

Make me proud and do it

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dubious posted:

Team list updated.

jabro posted:

Since it looks like Eli retires after one year can I trade him for Mariota and TEN's first round pick????????????

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
If you guys uploaded vids of games between you to youtube or whatever I'd love to spectate some stuff. I like putting on full games of Madden or stuff like on while I work.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

You can have mett but no pick :colbert:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

BottleKnight posted:

If you guys uploaded vids of games between you to youtube or whatever I'd love to spectate some stuff. I like putting on full games of Madden or stuff like on while I work.

many of us stream our games, and post heads ups when we do. If you want to spectate, keep an eye on the thread once we go live!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Dubious posted:

many of us stream our games, and post heads ups when we do. If you want to spectate, keep an eye on the thread once we go live!

Sounds good.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm hoping Sean Smith and Marcus Peters are beastly and shut down this aggressive catch bullshit

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Something came up so I won't be able to get the game until this weekend. Since I am missing out on the preorder bonus I might as well wait until it goes on sale. Usually sports games drop down in price 2-4 weeks after release. I'll concede the Giants to Dave if he wants them and just pick an available team.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Get your priorities straight jabro

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Metapod posted:

Get your priorities straight jabro

I'll stick with the Rams, I want to take that D for a spin. Every team I used last year had a trash defense.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

davecrazy posted:

I'll stick with the Rams, I want to take that D for a spin. Every team I used last year had a trash defense.

Hey, the Giants have an All-Pro defense on the disabled list.

idiotface
Jul 24, 2003

I'll take Seattle again, pretty sure I was them in this league last year.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Im back to be the Dolphins.

I should be downloading it sometime this week.

e: How essential is the D-pad for hot routes and audibles etc this year? My controller is hosed up and using those is a big no-no, ugh maybe i should grab a new one of those instead but I am addicted to Goon League.

Faggot Guy fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

human being Guy posted:

Im back to be the Dolphins.

I should be downloading it sometime this week.

e: How essential is the D-pad for hot routes and audibles etc this year? My controller is hosed up and using those is a big no-no, ugh maybe i should grab a new one of those instead but I am addicted to Goon League.

exact same as last year. You'll need a new controller.

Team list updated!

I am gonna make one last switch and am going to take the Titans and make metapod and Stevie Lee proud with Marcus2DGB

I'm also relocating them back to Houston and the Oilers will live again

• Locked thread