Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bike without wheels
Jan 2, 2005

this post
we've all been there. you're enjoying something, like a show or movie or game. then bam, outta nowhere, neckbeards are quoting it and wearing t shirts and making you wish it never existed. what do *you* do? go on pretending like you never liked it to begin with? ignore the gruesome subculture its created and continue enjoying whatever it is? or do you become one of those fans, buy a t shirt, and go on reddit to quote lines from the show and game until you alienate your friends and family in favor of this querky thing you like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
i have no idea what this nerd thread is about so here have a kitty

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
What is it? Sounds like an Adult Swim show like whatever that Tim and Eric show is.

edit: and LOL if you didnt watch AS before they ever played Anime.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

i liked portal

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Just like what you like, you stupid loving bitch.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

portal was a fun game i played for 2 hours and never played again

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

HalfHazard posted:

Just like what you like, you stupid loving bitch.

gently caress that poo poo. Its not okay to like certain stuff, like Anime for example and people should be shamed and outcasted.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't been to the beach, yet. I want to so more Calvin piss t-shirts.

In this universe.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Idk I've never watched it

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

Bike without wheels posted:

we've all been there. you're enjoying something, like a show or movie or game. then bam, outta nowhere, neckbeards are quoting it and wearing t shirts and making you wish it never existed. what do *you* do? go on pretending like you never liked it to begin with? ignore the gruesome subculture its created and continue enjoying whatever it is? or do you become one of those fans, buy a t shirt, and go on reddit to quote lines from the show and game until you alienate your friends and family in favor of this querky thing you like

Liking the same thing as other people makes you a loser, popular things are poo poo.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Rick and Morty is pretty funny.

How about you just stop giving a gently caress whether or not other people like it and, if you like it, then enjoy it. It's not exactly My Little Pony or King of Queens or something to be embarrassed about.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D1Sergo posted:

Liking the same thing as other people makes you a loser, popular things are poo poo.

Cool videogame avatar bro.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

i think neckbeards and the like are more attracted to media that appeals more to a wider audience. with rick and morty, its off-color enough that you're probably fine.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
And thats the WAAAYYYYYY the news goes!

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

criscodisco posted:

Rick and Morty is pretty funny.

How about you just stop giving a gently caress whether or not other people like it and, if you like it, then enjoy it. It's not exactly My Little Pony or King of Queens or something to be embarrassed about.

Wrong, people who watch My Little Pony should be shamed and outcasted and put into a mental hospital.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

everything is like portal and dr who liking things is a bullshit idea

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Dear GBS,

Am I allowed to like this thing I like?

Thanks for your quick responses.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

i don't think rick and morty is super quotable, it's just really tops proper science fiction in a world where there isn't anything like that any more on tv. it's the stories that are great, and while the dialogue is great it's only really in context, which is to the show's credit and should help immunise against Vasquez Syndrome

it's more like, 'remember when morty almost got raped by that jelly bean' and you laugh and go yeah that was a good episode and that's basically it

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Prorat posted:

Cool videogame avatar bro.

Cool.... gently caress.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Prorat posted:

Wrong, people who watch My Little Pony should be shamed and outcasted and put into a mental hospital.

Excellent reading comprehension there, champ.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

ur either a liker or a hater and if ur a liker then gently caress u

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
rick and morty is awesome, bring back 12 oz mouse goddamn it, and you ignore the terrible sub-cultures for things that are good e.g., everything you as a nerd enjoy

this is my opinion

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

Prorat posted:

they should be left alone you nazi

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

criscodisco posted:

Excellent reading comprehension there, champ.

You said embarrassed about. I'm saying locked up and/or shot into the sun. There is a difference.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Prorat posted:

You said embarrassed about. I'm saying locked up and/or shot into the sun. There is a difference.

Ah, sorry about that. I don't disagree with you.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i dont know what all this means but if u like it go to hell!!!

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

criscodisco posted:

Ah, sorry about that. I don't disagree with you.

Bro-five. Lets go kick some rear end int he car sub-forum.

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It is not okay to watch cartoons. Sorry OP.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

*pops MC Skat Kat into a Discman, peaces out*

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=377PQj16iwE

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

dude i feel you, but maybe rick and morty will become hostile to its' audience if they start fagging things up? it's a pretty good show and maybe they can keep it that way?

nah man, just go ahead and forget i said i liked it. i never liked it actually

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i dont like thing

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

amityville anus posted:

i dont like thing

i like this post, gently caress you!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I like Rick and Morty but not as much as Venture Bros. But they seem to be able to make more than 1 season every 3 years so Im happy with that

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I'm a little worried about the direction of Rick and Morty because it's kind of veering off into "money penguin dishwasher" TOTALLY RANDOM territory, and that's not funny, and it attracts the wrong crowd who doesn't get what's funny.

But it's still a cool show for now.

Bike without wheels
Jan 2, 2005

this post

Booblord Zagats posted:

I like Rick and Morty but not as much as Venture Bros. But they seem to be able to make more than 1 season every 3 years so Im happy with that

venture bros is probably my most loved show, but it comes and goes more flippantly than my dad. its hard not to get too attached when it is around

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

venture bros is probably my most loved show, but it comes and goes more flippantly than my dad. its hard not to get too attached when it is around

The specials they put out between seasons only helps the sting a little :/

Bike without wheels
Jan 2, 2005

this post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcMFHRXp8xM

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax
A big fan of the show told me that it's based on a cartoon that ripped off Back to the Future, but the challenges the characters faced could only be solved by the doctor getting drunk and Morty sucking his "chapped, bleeding testicles" (his words)

This doesn't really make me want to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

General Tofu posted:

A big fan of the show told me that it's based on a cartoon that ripped off Back to the Future, but the challenges the characters faced could only be solved by the doctor getting drunk and Morty sucking his "chapped, bleeding testicles" (his words)

This doesn't really make me want to watch

he didn't explain it well

• Locked thread