Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
mines low too op

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Meowbot posted:

mines low too op

:synpa:

lmao, you be careful OP. you gonna overuse the internet, wear it all down, clog up all them pipes

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

coldplay chiptunes posted:

lol you used 600GB worth of internet in a month and are acting all indignant about it. Go outside human being nerd.

this is the dumbest argument because if it was up to dumbshits like you we'd all still be looking at grainy JPGs on 56k and taking a week to download a movie

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

My home internet is a 30 mbps connection capped at 10 GB/month with $10/GB overages. I live in America and this is the only non dialup or satellite option available at my home. I browse the web with images disabled and carefully ration my 144p Youtube viewing time.

:hf: lovely internet buddy. We used to have Cricket Wireless with a cap at 10 GB and no overage charges (just throttled bandwidth) but they stopped providing modem services so now I'm stuck with the same poo poo plus overage charges on satellite. We can't even get DSL. Internet is literally the only thing I miss about living in an urban area, though.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'm on Cox so I do not have this problems

What are you Cox people talking about, they have caps too.

Althought thanks to this thread I see they've been raised to 350GB. It was at 250 a few months ago.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

yo I'm moving to another state in like two months and not getting comcast is pretty high on the list of things that I'm looking for in a neighborhood, they're that insufferable

way2go comcast every time I interact with you I briefly consider solving my problems with your support via violence

do better

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

this is the dumbest argument because if it was up to dumbshits like you we'd all still be looking at grainy JPGs on 56k and taking a week to download a movie

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Ryoshi posted:

yo I'm moving to another state in like two months and not getting comcast is pretty high on the list of things that I'm looking for in a neighborhood, they're that insufferable

way2go comcast every time I interact with you I briefly consider solving my problems with your support via violence

do better

i can't lie, i've had vivid fantasies of violence involving the comcast executive staff

but you know, i'd never act on it.... please don't come to my house and question me about this post law enforcement

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Mandator posted:

i can't lie, i've had vivid fantasies of violence involving the comcast executive staff

but you know, i'd never act on it.... please don't come to my house and question me about this post law enforcement

it's just ideation!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Increase the bandwidth and implement caps at the same time so it's much easier for people to go over them. The wireless companies did the exact same thing with 4G. "Hey guys, watch all your streaming videos and music in HD! It's great!" data overage charges may apply.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Bagarthach posted:

What are you Cox people talking about, they have caps too.

Althought thanks to this thread I see they've been raised to 350GB. It was at 250 a few months ago.

They really don't care if you blow right past it.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
just lol if u don't have google fiber

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

chaosbreather posted:

ha thats pretty funny here in australia there are caps all over the place but you just get shaped down to like 128k after you go over, you never get charged for it, that's like, criminal dude

only mobile phone services do that, and they now have to send you a warning text when you get close to your included data

it's only criminal if you don't live in a capitalist utopia you loving dredgescum

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Telus started enforcing caps recently, if I were to just use my connection to watch netflix and do nothing else it would only takes 9 hours a week to hit my cap in a month (~3gb~ an hour for HD poo poo)

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
i've been going over on comcast by entire terabytes for a few years now and they didn't (and don't) give a poo poo hth

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

kharaa posted:

i've been going over on comcast by entire terabytes for a few years now and they didn't (and don't) give a poo poo hth

well they have plans to roll the caps out nationwide.......................... so.................................. u get it now?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
well looking at my account they've managed to hose it over so hard they don't even think i have internet service at all so i think i'm okay

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

kharaa posted:

well looking at my account they've managed to hose it over so hard they don't even think i have internet service at all so i think i'm okay

at least their incompetency is working out for somebody

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

ityool 2015 someone tells you how much internet you can have

congrats op on literally living in a third world country

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

evilpicard posted:

ityool 2015 someone tells you how much internet you can have

congrats op on literally living in a third world country

i want to come to your glorious workers paradise where the interne.t flows as freely as wine

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Note that I live in a country with one of the most protectionist monopolist backwards telecom sectors, and steve jobs actually had to yell at our ceos for loving up the iphone.

PsionicAnt
Jul 16, 2001
i miss comcast hotspots because you could just change your mac every hour and get a trial using an email like fuckyou@comcast.net and there was nothing they could about it

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Pawn 17 posted:

Increase the bandwidth and implement caps at the same time so it's much easier for people to go over them. The wireless companies did the exact same thing with 4G. "Hey guys, watch all your streaming videos and music in HD! It's great!" data overage charges may apply.

I occasionally get ads in the mail from satellite companies with 10 GB caps that tell me one of the benefits of their service is I can watch more HD video on my devices. :pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
/\ Consumer-grade satellite internet is loving poo poo! No exceptions.

I love how Telecom companies are still pretending that bandwidth is expensive or data networks are "at capacity". In Canada we (taxpayers) gave Bell billions to build their high-speed infrastructure, then when they were finished they said, "we need to price gouge, throttle, and cap our customers to pay for this expensive network we totally just paid for".

• Locked thread