Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
My home internet is a 30 mbps connection capped at 10 GB/month with $10/GB overages. I live in America and this is the only non dialup or satellite option available at my home. I browse the web with images disabled and carefully ration my 144p Youtube viewing time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
Frankly, I remember when people would complain about having 250 GB caps on their cable internet back in 2001, and I can't help laughing quietly to myself.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Pawn 17 posted:

Increase the bandwidth and implement caps at the same time so it's much easier for people to go over them. The wireless companies did the exact same thing with 4G. "Hey guys, watch all your streaming videos and music in HD! It's great!" data overage charges may apply.

I occasionally get ads in the mail from satellite companies with 10 GB caps that tell me one of the benefits of their service is I can watch more HD video on my devices. :pwn:

• Locked thread