Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Zypher posted:

Wow. That's, uh, quite the autodraft

If you thought autodrafting would have a happy ending, you havent been paying attention

Posted draft in the 2nd post for future keeper reference, waivers and FA are now open. Good biarve y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Autodrafting wasn't the plan but holiday weekend with family and all :/

Who wants a quarterback?! Or two!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zypher posted:

Autodrafting wasn't the plan but holiday weekend with family and all :/

Who wants a quarterback?! Or two!

Oh poo poo, just realized the WRs I assumed were on your bench are going to be starting. Edelman, Marvin Jones, Cody Latimer. Jesus. Well obviously I'm going to try to profit from your misfortune, but hit me up if you see any trades with me you think we'd both like.

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Good biarve y'all

lol

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Yeah and Edelman was a keeper. So glad my WR2 is Marvin Jones for $2 ahahahahaha

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Love my starters. Don't love my bench

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
For as hectic as that ended up being (not sure why, but I expected each bidding period to be longer), I stuck with my gameplan! Notes from before the draft:

- RB: Lynch or AP for ~$75 (got Lynch for $78), then Gurley and Ivory for ~$20 each (ended up with Spiller for $18 and Jennings for $8; you guys priced me out :( )

- QB: Spend ~$5-10 on something like Bradford + Palmer (ended up with Matt Ryan for $6, thrilled with that)

- WR: One of Marshall/Robinson/Maclin/Landry for $15-20 (Robinson for $17), one of Agholor/J. Brown/Wright for $10 (Keenan Allen for $21, slightly more than I wanted to pay but happy with his upside over those three)

- TE: One of Cameron/Reed/Eifert/Miller for $1-5 (Eifert for $1)

- Cheap bench options: Mathews, Helu, Woodhead, Sankey, Bush at RB, Royal, Funchess, Perriman, Charles Johnson at WR

- Didn't plan on grabbing Devante Parker, but the fact that he's likely to play week 1 has me optimistic, and I really like his potential as Tannehill's WR1

That's my recap :tipshat:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty happy with my draft, considering it was my first ever auction.

I have the best receiving corp in the league, and by far the worst RBs. That's a problem. I overpaid for Romo by a little, but stashing Jordy for $5 made me leave the draft quite happy.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

White Welkers here. I was on vacation and my internet kept dropping out, only did the first half of the draft. It really sucks because my strategy was to feast on the second/third tier players and then my connection died right about that time. Got some great deals though.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Here is my recap: I'm mad at hallyne's wildfire for drafting a serviceable roster despite being at a huge budget disadvantage

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
My recap: Ya'll gonna be mad in the playoffs when Pryor is starting for an injured McCown and JFF in my flex!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I'm incredibly stupid for not keeping Peterson

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

nerve posted:

I'm incredibly stupid for not keeping Peterson

:agreed:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Hey man he went for 84 smackers, you are what your auction value says you are!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I drafted Ok, but i don't think i got much value to keep for next year, We'll see what happens between now and February.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Really should have taken Brady for the price he went for. Opening Night regrets...

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Michael Corleone posted:

Really should have taken Brady for the price he went for. Opening Night regrets...
I couldn't believe I got him for so cheap.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Ooo man Brady2Gronk

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dy. posted:

Ooo man Brady2Gronk

Reason #93727 for me to say gently caress the Pats :argh:

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

gently caress you, zypher. He's mine. ALL MINE

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better.

I'm going to milk your poppies dry week 2, FCS.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
drat, things getting personal, but good biarve to you with that risk, you must REALLY want on the ride!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Welp, that gut feeling that led me to draft Witten to go with Kelce might pay off. Not in the way I'd ideally want it to, though :(

EDIT: Or not. Cool with that.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 13, 2015

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
My team sucks, just an early take.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Keenan Allen and Tyler Eifert FTW :D

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
False start on my part, it seems Le Biarves are still in a good position to conquer the northern division of the RFL.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
lol good work Jennings

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

Welp, that gut feeling that led me to draft Witten to go with Kelce might pay off. Not in the way I'd ideally want it to, though :(

EDIT: Or not. Cool with that.

Also cool with 47 points from the two :getin:

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

lol good work Jennings
After a strong start my team straight up pooped it's pants.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Dez Noooooo :(

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Terrance Yes! If Ellington goes down, I'd be willing to trade for David J.

Edit: All Men must Tear ACL's get injured to the Benefit of my team

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 14, 2015

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Michael Corleone posted:

False start on my part, it seems Le Biarves are still in a good position to conquer the northern division of the RFL.

I saw a Jones in the flames, but I misinterpreted which Jones would fulfill the prophecy on Sunday

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

gently caress you, zypher. He's mine. ALL MINE

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
the lord of light, heat, and life is merciful to his followers. oh praise ag'holor! thank you for bringing famine to fight club sandwich's land

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
You live by the Ag'holor you die by the Ag'holor. Such is life in the realm. Great Biarves of the North rain hell, fire and brimstone upon everyone, we have no allies, only biarve on our side.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
The High Priests find your sacrifice worthy.

• Locked thread