Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Lets make a format so there's no ambiguity

all future measures intended for league vote should have "Proposal:" in the post. In order to get voted on someone should say "I second" then we'll vote.

We have 6 votes yes / 0 votes no for shortening the trade review period so I'll push that through.

For keeper trading we have :
1 vote yes
2 votes i'm cool with it but whatevs
2 votes no
1 vote that seems like a bad idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSean
Aug 6, 2004

Horvath, Janowicz, Cassady, Griffin, George...
I vote no for trading keeper slots. I think a fixed amount of keepers (i.e., two) offers a good balance between building in the draft each year and planning longer-term.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
If we are voting on it, I also think that 3 keepers would feel like an ideal amount. Turnover in football is so high that I can't imagine one team really dominating for all that long.

That said I'm cool with whatever. I just appreciate how active this league is. :)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'd also vote no on trading keeper slots (or auction bucks for that matter). Too big a risk of significantly handicapping a team the following year, and just trading valuable players with low salaries (cough OBJ) is enough of a way to trade "keeper values."

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Ill vote yes to both trade time and trading keepers if were voting.

Im indifferent on both issues.

My bench isnt balanced enough this season for me to move much of anything.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Why am I so bad at fantasy, I made every sit/start mistake possible

Zypher posted:

the lord of light, heat, and life is merciful to his followers. oh praise ag'holor! thank you for bringing famine to fight club sandwich's land

O Lord of Light, come to us in our darkness. We offer you these false gods. Take them and cast your light upon us, and uncurse the famine brought forth upon my woeful fantasy team

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Sep 28, 2015

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
The truth is all around you, Fight Club Sandwich, plain to behold. The Monday Night Football is dark and full of terrors, the waiver wire bright and beautiful and full of hope.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Zypher posted:

The truth is all around you, Fight Club Sandwich, plain to behold. The Monday Night Football is dark and full of terrors, the waiver wire bright and beautiful and full of hope.

Living up to my name sake.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

The White Welkers are having a Cam Newton sale if any of you injured QB owners would like to get in on it.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

dy. posted:

The White Welkers are having a Cam Newton sale if any of you injured QB owners would like to get in on it.

Romo who? The Lord of Light has blessed me with a red comet headed master quarterback.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Romo who? The Lord of Light has blessed me with a red comet headed master quarterback.

This is one messed up week. I get 2 goose eggs and lose to only you (all injured bench) and I think one other player.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Gotta keep Kelce under 14.6 points, lets go D!!!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Eat your words!

Eating my own words about Terrance Williams being more useful than nipples on a breastplate.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Marshmallow Blue posted:

This is one messed up week. I get 2 goose eggs and lose to only you (all injured bench) and I think one other player.

Concur. It's not close to over, though. Lacy is superhuman and I have no doubt he can easily go for 100 and 2 TD's.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Travis Kelce is superhuman and I have no doubt he can easily go for 100 and 2 TD's.

Welcome to being 1-2 Andrew Biarve :(

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
If Lacey doesn't pull the upset I'll be 0-3 and I really feel like I shouldn't be for some reason.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Le Great Biarves De Le Nord improve to 2-1, barring unforeseen scoring 'corrections'!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Good doing business Tebow, This leaves me short as hell at RB, but hopefully they can put up mediocer numbers while i roll 3 WRs. If not I'm already 0-3 anyways.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Good doing business Tebow, This leaves me short as hell at RB, but hopefully they can put up mediocer numbers while i roll 3 WRs. If not I'm already 0-3 anyways.

Yeah, I think it helps us both. My RB platoon of Lynch, Woodhead, Spiller, and Jennings was uhh, not ideal.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah, I think it helps us both. My RB platoon of Lynch, Woodhead, Spiller, and Jennings was uhh, not ideal.

being 0-3 I saw a good value keeping Antonio for next year. Now where's that Jordy owner....

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

somebody buy low on the following players:

davante adams, CJ Anderson

thank you

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

somebody buy low on the following players:

davante adams, CJ Anderson

thank you

Did we ever come to a consensus on the Keeper cost of waiver additions for next year?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Did we ever come to a consensus on the Keeper cost of waiver additions for next year?

I offered the below but nobody said anything. If anyone wants to propose a rule change for UDFA keepers i'd be happy to second because lucking into a RB1 off waivers is already reward enough and you shouldn't get a huge advantage next year, too

UDFAs are $1 base + $5 keeper premium

We'll keep this rule for this season since it was in place last year and wouldn't be fair to managers who planned their rosters around the rule but I'd like to get opinion on this for next season: because of this rule we have silly things like $6 ODB and $6 CJ Anderson - would you guys be open to only allowing drafted players to be kept or otherwise tagging FAs some higher keeper penalty (say $10+$5)?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I think the simplest and most fair solution is just no undrafted keepers. They just go back into the draft pool.

That could create weird situations though. Like what happens with a player who gets drafted, then dropped, then picked back up once they get hot? Would they still be eligible for keeper status because they were drafted?

Oh and also, would we be able to grandfather in past free agent keepers? I don't want to lose my sweet boy OBJ.

mega dy fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 29, 2015

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I think a 10$ cost for UDFAs and Waivers would be fair down the road. That would allow for some great value without overpricing many players that could be a good find for 10$ but not so much at 15$. Just my 2 cents.

I like the above post more. I think once they are drafted they have a value even if they are dropped multiple times right?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dy. posted:

I think the simplest and most fair solution is just no undrafted keepers. They just go back into the draft pool.

That could create weird situations though. Like what happens with a player who gets drafted, then dropped, then picked back up once they get hot? Would they still be eligible for keeper status because they were drafted?

Oh and also, would we be able to grandfather in past free agent keepers? I don't want to lose my sweet boy OBJ.

1) Auction values are what they are at the draft, doesn't matter if it is someone who was dropped at some point during the year.

2) Current season keepers are what they are too, no one is taking OBJ from ya :)

3) I'd second your idea of no keeping free agents. This would be very simple: any player undrafted during the auction is not keepable after the season. The only weirdness we'd need to think about is what this does for drafting and stashing rookies. I think it'll bump up the relative value of drafting rookies/high upside unknown guys a bit compared to low ceiling vets. Possibly would shift things quite a bit. Taking a shot at Hill or OBJ last year or Parker or Perriman this year would be better than snagging someone like Boldin or Bowe or whoever. I think that's totally fine, just something to think about.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Essos Division is so strong, we are like the SEC, we just beat each other up. We should get an additional playoff spot due to strength of schedule!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Michael Corleone posted:

Essos Division is so strong, we are like the SEC, we just beat each other up. We should get an additional playoff spot due to strength of schedule!

Not even close!

Westeros's top 3 teams in PF combine for

While Essos Top 3 combine for

And it only gets worse for you from there.
1893.6 — 1607.1 respectively. With our worst scorer outplaying all but your top 2. Commish, I must file a claim to deny Essos's extra playoff spot

Yes I know this is all a joke.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Uh, ya, we are more like the MAC I think, I was going to FACT CHECK YOU but added up points against and it just made our case worse.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Wow, that's quite the trade! :eyepop:

Marshmallow Blue posted:

being 0-3 I saw a good value keeping Antonio for next year. Now where's that Jordy owner....

'sup

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Wow, that's quite the trade! :eyepop:

'sup

Whats it gonna take for dolla Jordy

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Whats it gonna take for dolla Jordy
A Tetris Haircut.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I vote to keep FA's for 1 plus whatever the inflation rate is. The Biarves are dying, long live Carr2Cooper!

e; I see the commish said we can keep our FA's this year because it wasn't talked about before the season, so that is good, next year can we start with no FA keepers, but keep 3 going forward, or even more?! Like a dynasty league would be cool.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 4, 2015

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Down 6.8 with a total unknown left to go (Rawls).

I fully expect to get 6.7 pts. This fantasy season has been brutal.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

dy. posted:

New promotion! Buy one Cam Newton, get an Alfred Morris half-off. Don't miss out!!!

Also Cam's keeper cost is like a sack of nickels.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

dy. posted:

New promotion! Buy one Cam Newton, get an Alfred Morris half-off. Don't miss out!!!

Also Cam's keeper cost is like a sack of nickels.

You will win today, don't sell so soon, no way in hell CJr gets me 4.81 points. I mean I am kidding but I wouldn't be surprised.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
For the playoffs, what 4 teams actually go? Top 4 records overall, or 2 per division, or division winners and 2 next best teams, or something else?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Racked up my first W!

Next years 28$ Antonio brown and 15$ Davante Freeman will be nice.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Michael Corleone posted:

For the playoffs, what 4 teams actually go? Top 4 records overall, or 2 per division, or division winners and 2 next best teams, or something else?

Just the way ESPN does it so division leaders i think. Last year i was points for leader and missed the playoffs.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Racked up my first W!

Next years 28$ Antonio brown and 15$ Davante Freeman will be nice.

I had $6 CJA and $23 DT and thought THE GRIDIRON THRONE IS MINE, but am now 0-4

now i will firesale my team. Please anyone send insultingly low trade offers (But ones with good keeper values) for Gore, Forsett, Steve Smif, Brees or Davante Adams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Last year i was points for leader and missed the playoffs.

My greatest year of not making the playoffs was when I was points leader by a good 200 (Not even PPR!) and got 8th place out of ten.

• Locked thread