Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

This kid is sad he doesn't look like a high schooler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Iowa Snow King posted:

They're using smart phones ahhhhhh

I think smartphones existed in 2010.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.
So, what is this kid's SA handle?

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Haha, I love it. Get off the Internet, kid! You're crazy!

What was the play in the 80s? "Stop watching so many monster movies?"

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Only 20 minutes in but they are not building any interest in these characters for me. Getting bored.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

tomapot posted:

Only 20 minutes in but they are not building any interest in these characters for me. Getting bored.

So very bored :geno:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Yeaaaah, this cast is really not grabbing me at all so far. I haven't even remembered anyone's names yet.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The fact that everyone dying every second everywhere isn't rising up right now raises all sorts of questions about the dispersal of the virus or the incubation periods or w/e the gently caress but who cares since its a zombie magic anyway. Like for some reason all the drug people got effected but no one else in the city at the moment..weird.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Overlord K posted:

Yeaaaah, this cast is really not grabbing me at all so far. I haven't even remembered anyone's names yet.

To be fair, it's 20 minutes into a 90 minute run time.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
I know this guy is Nick. Who seems to think going to a potential crime scene is s good idea instead of telling the cops.

Svanja fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 24, 2015

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Old dude in the other bed is about to turn into a zombie

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

Svanja posted:

I know this guy is Nick. Who seems to think going to s potential crime scene is s good idea instead of telling the cops.

This guy is Travis

The druggie is Nick

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
What is that gif with the guy with long hair walking into a room and he's all "woooaaaooooaaaoooh" while multicolor lights flash all over? For the life of me I can not find it and it is all I can think of when I see drug kid.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

this is really boring and stupid

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Iowa Snow King posted:

This guy is Travis

The druggie is Nick

Lol ok you are correct! Yeah, I guess I'm as confused as some others. What's the mother's name? And the daughter?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

a cop posted:

The fact that everyone dying every second everywhere isn't rising up right now raises all sorts of questions about the dispersal of the virus or the incubation periods or w/e the gently caress but who cares since its a zombie magic anyway. Like for some reason all the drug people got effected but no one else in the city at the moment..weird.

I guess we assume the druggie girlfriend OD'd and had the zombie gene in her and then killed bit/ate the other junkies and transferred the virus to those guys, at least?

Svanja posted:

Lol ok you are correct! Yeah, I guess I'm as confused as some others. What's the mother's name? And the daughter?

I call them Lori and Carla.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

JossiRossi posted:

What is that gif with the guy with long hair walking into a room and he's all "woooaaaooooaaaoooh" while multicolor lights flash all over? For the life of me I can not find it and it is all I can think of when I see drug kid.

Italian Spider-Man

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

Svanja posted:

I don't think they've even said them yet

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

JossiRossi posted:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Old dude is gone.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

Sister is giving me Cersei Lannister vibes.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Italian Spider-Man

Thank you! Pretty sure every time Drug Kid goes through a door I'll see this.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
I tuned in to see zombies, the collapse of society, and the military shooting everyone. Instead I'm getting a boring, generic network TV caliber family drama.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
drat lady you're not the least bit concerned that someone might have gotten murdered where your son was?

I mean I kinda understand wanting to write him off cause of the drug problems but holy poo poo

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I wish they would at least hint to smaller signs that there is weird stuff going on.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Illuen posted:

Sister is giving me Cersei Lannister vibes.

Glad it wasn't just me. I thought she straight-up straddled him and was gonna make out with him.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Yeah this better get slammed. Lol if poo poo gets nuts in the last 10 minutes and it manages to win over the average viewer.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

DarklyDreaming posted:

drat lady you're not the least bit concerned that someone might have gotten murdered where your son was?

I mean I kinda understand wanting to write him off cause of the drug problems but holy poo poo

Yeah this is really bad horror "logic" write-off. Stunning.

At least the one dude believe him.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

a cop posted:

Yeah this better get slammed. Lol if poo poo gets nuts in the last 10 minutes and it manages to win over the average viewer.

It's a pilot man, give it some time to get to where it needs to go.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Mooseontheloose posted:

I wish they would at least hint to smaller signs that there is weird stuff going on.

Yeah the fact of the matter is if something like what happened in the drug den happened anywhere else in the US at all (as the internet kid says it has) the situation would be somewhat common-knowledge at this point. Everyone had cell phone cams in 2010 and it's not like everyone would assume the vids from multiple states w/ the same poo poo happening is a hoax (especially since news organizations would be able to easily verify the deaths).

I know this is erring into nerd hairsplitting territory but what we're getting is so boring and they could have put more thought into what poo poo would actually be like.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Also, is that gun shots in the background?

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

Dick Fagballzson posted:

I tuned in to see zombies, the collapse of society, and the military shooting everyone. Instead I'm getting a boring, generic network TV caliber family drama.

I've never been so bored by a pilot about zombies before. What the hell am I watching exactly?

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
gently caress you for giving me a bad temp tat!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Black dude is so dead (This is a Walking Dead show) and that girl really does not look like a 16/17-year-old girl at all.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

I'm so beyond tired of the ironic English lesson as a metaphor for your story cliche.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

a cop posted:

Yeah the fact of the matter is if something like what happened in the drug den happened anywhere else in the US at all (as the internet kid says it has) the situation would be somewhat common-knowledge at this point. Everyone had cell phone cams in 2010 and it's not like everyone would assume the vids from multiple states w/ the same poo poo happening is a hoax (especially since news organizations would be able to easily verify the deaths).

I don't mind the pilot so far just the premise comes that WE as the viewer know more than what's going on but we are looking for the weirdness that should be occuring.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Oh its randy from the Wire

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Mooseontheloose posted:

Eh I judge spinoffs by a different standard. 40 minutes is plenty of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Mooseontheloose posted:

The pilot for The Walking Dead was fantastic though.

I won't get chance to watch this until later, but I'm hoping they are just gonna go all American Horror Story and have each season of Fear The Walking Dead be self-contained.

• Locked thread