Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Illuen posted:

I'm so beyond tired of the ironic English lesson as a metaphor for your story cliche.

It is by far the laziest form of forshadowing out there and it sucks every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Hah you got me TV show, I really thought he was gonna turn around like "argh I'm a zombie"

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Stand and deliver Zombies right now please! I'm getting bored

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Reset Smith posted:

Stand and deliver Zombies right now please! I'm getting bored

Looks like the old man will start us hitting the ground running.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Mooseontheloose posted:

Looks like the old man will start us hitting the ground running.

Nope :argh:

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
It has been 2 days and the cops still haven't checked out a church where a kid says he saw people eating each other. Also after one day a dude went in and saw evidence of some super bad poo poo and also did not tell the cops. And the people does tell don't give a poo poo about massive blood piles.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

JossiRossi posted:

It has been 2 days and the cops still haven't checked out a church where a kid says he saw people eating each other. Also after one day a dude went in and saw evidence of some super bad poo poo and also did not tell the cops. And the people does tell don't give a poo poo about massive blood piles.

Police maybe overtaxed from people dieing.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

JossiRossi posted:

I've said for a long time that TWD takes place in a universe where the average person is just dumb as gently caress. It's canon. Remember the well? And the concept of the dead rising, something that's been in literature for hundreds (thousands??) of years, does not exist. It's canon!!!

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
This show sucks poo poo through a straw so far. I don't know what else to add. The loving TellTale game set up a zombie apocalypse better in its first five minutes.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

is chris hardwick gonna have to pretend that this show is exciting and not a huge piece of poo poo for an hour too?

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

JossiRossi posted:

Like you don't put your hand into a pile of bloody brain bits now and then

NBD

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

JossiRossi posted:

I don't think the kid told the cops where we was. And then the dad didn't tell the cops. And then the mom didn't.

At least the kid had a reason because he thought he was high/insane and didn't want to give evidence to be arrested/committed. Parents have no excuse.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

zVxTeflon posted:

is chris hardwick gonna have to pretend that this show is exciting and not a huge piece of poo poo for an hour too?

No, he said they will have one after this seasons finale. Maybe next season if there is enough interest.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Really busy nurse might be the first sign of the apocalypse

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
At least we are at the part where it's starting to collapse.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Iowa Snow King posted:

Really busy nurse might be the first sign of the apocalypse

Or a typical busy inner-city hospital.

Edit: thanks Obamacare

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

tomapot posted:

Or a typical busy inner-city emergency room.

Eh, they are setting up that they are freaking out. Before, they were treating him and giving the druggie son some attention, now they don't know what the gently caress.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
They are setting up the setup for the setup for the setup at this point.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
The parents have spent more time in the zombie drug den than the druggie son has.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Lol at all the gore in TWD, and the lack of gore in the drug den. Unless shadow govt is cleaning it up!?!?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
womp, black crush is zombie food.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
"You better be dead!"

Foreshadowing!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Mooseontheloose posted:

"You better be dead."

Yuuup.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.

Mooseontheloose posted:

Well they did introduce the druggie kids black friend. The T-Dogg curse is still active.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Oh hey are we finally getting some poo poo going down?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Zombie pileup

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Zebulon posted:

Oh hey are we finally getting some poo poo going down?

There's like 17 minutes of showtime left so we're close.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Hey it's The Last of Us !

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Enough teasing!

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
I for one am glad that poo poo is now happening.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Half of the season is gonna be the "Homeless or zombie?" game

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
If Grantland's review is anything to go buy, there are some particularly brutal psychological scenes in future episodes.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

We got a parental advisory message, time for poo poo to go down.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The problem with the parents not caring about the blood pile could have been easily solved if they had dialogue about them being concerned that son was involved with foul play, and they wanted to find more details before talking to cops.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Live audio from The Walking Dead universe

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

drat this is bad.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Motherfucker are they doing that cliche twice in the same episode :psyduck:

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Ok, so I think it is safe to say we could have skipped the first hour and missed nothing. In fact if THIS were the start, I'd have been pretty pumped.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

DarklyDreaming posted:

Motherfucker are they doing that cliche twice in the same episode :psyduck:

Chaos Theory is always being taught in the same way that in horror movies all English lit classes are studying urban legends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

That goony kid's "I loving told you so" face was good at least.

• Locked thread