Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

why's the one have a ribbon

is it a reward for being cuter than the other one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

ashgromnies posted:

why's the one have a ribbon

is it a reward for being cuter than the other one

yes

military rank is based on fuckability. it's why petraeus made general

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

not so hot when they cuttin your throat out

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
would rather they cut my throat than some dude

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

have you never met a woman if you think they don't fight as fiercely as men?

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

i visited west point once and all the dudes in dress grays have really well-tailored pants and the women all wear baggy pants lol

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

should wear skorts

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

god i wish the military had official designed dress shorty-shorts

like this, but dress

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Rename the Army to the Leggy now plz

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

nomadologique posted:

not so hot when they cuttin your throat out

no that's more hot

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
that akward moment when the guy you just killed has a huge boner

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

a bay posted:

Do you think it is realistic and good training that students at the military school for Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape are no longer instructed in methods of resisting sexual assault while held captive by the enemy

"we're raping them here so they don't have to get raped over there"

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
is it weird that (though they are quite good looking) I think that anybody who goes to all that effort to go to ranger school is really just a psychopath?

I mean I got old folks and parents and poo poo liking this article on facebook and im all just like "so, we taught some hotties to kill super effectively and this is supposed to be a good thing?"

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

is it weird that (though they are quite good looking) I think that anybody who goes to all that effort to go to ranger school is really just a psychopath?

I mean I got old folks and parents and poo poo liking this article on facebook and im all just like "so, we taught some hotties to kill super effectively and this is supposed to be a good thing?"

Yeah I mean its a given that anybody who joins the army is retarded, and anybody trying to specialize in one of the pointy end jobs is a sociopath. The joke here is that people still can't handle the idea of women being able to do it.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Zzulu posted:

how fuckin often do you get into melee with the enemy in modern warfare jeez

LETS WRESTLE THE GUY WITH THE AK47 DOWN THE STREET GUYS

sometimes

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Psychopaths aren't really known for their love of rules, hard work, and discipline.

Agag posted:

Yeah I mean its a given that anybody who joins the army is retarded, and anybody trying to specialize in one of the pointy end jobs is a sociopath. The joke here is that people still can't handle the idea of women being able to do it.

Retarded is accurate though

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Minorkos posted:

sometimes

Just shoot him brother

you can shoot people up close too

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Just shoot him brother

you can shoot people up close too

you should tell the US military about this revolutionary new close quarters combat move called "shoot people up close" because i'm sure they haven't thought of it

in my opinion the whole "strength isn't all that important anyway" argument falls apart when you take in account that this is actual war that people are going into, not some funtime soul-searching trip where everyone's free to pursue their dreams of being a cool warrior. being able to pull yourself and your 100 pounds of gear up a wall isn't just a cool thing you can do, it's a thing you might need to do to keep yourself and your entire squad from dying. the reason the military wants you to be strong as gently caress isn't just for fun, it's because they don't want you to pointlessly die because you can't push your unconscious 250lbs squadmate off yourself when poo poo blows up.

i'm sure the whole strength stuff starts feeling a lot more important when you're in one of those life or death situations

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Minorkos posted:

you should tell the US military about this revolutionary new close quarters combat move called "shoot people up close" because i'm sure they haven't thought of it

in my opinion the whole "strength isn't all that important anyway" argument falls apart when you take in account that this is actual war that people are going into, not some funtime soul-searching trip where everyone's free to pursue their dreams of being a cool warrior. being able to pull yourself and your 100 pounds of gear up a wall isn't just a cool thing you can do, it's a thing you might need to do to keep yourself and your entire squad from dying. the reason the military wants you to be strong as gently caress isn't just for fun, it's because they don't want you to pointlessly die because you can't push your unconscious 250lbs squadmate off yourself when poo poo blows up.

i'm sure the whole strength stuff starts feeling a lot more important when you're in one of those life or death situations

so tell us how many women have hurt you, minorkos.

And how many fedoras do you own?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Minorkos posted:

who cares, just send in more grunts then

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

gently caress safety

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I hope they enjoy becoming the wife of an ISIS leader.

Who am I kidding, rape fantasies are obviously why they joined.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Minorkos posted:

gently caress safety

the armys not exactly doing its job if its not burning off surplus males now is it

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Baba Ganoush posted:

how many fedoras do YOU own?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mange Mite posted:

Psychopaths aren't really known for their love of rules, hard work, and discipline.

You can't fool me I saw 3/4 of an episode of Dexter and that guy was on-loving-point so therefore

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

A misanthrope posted:

how many fedoras do YOU own?

You now have to officially own a fedora to post on SA now?

Not surprised.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

We will need every person of age willing to take the fight to the Kremlin.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Baba Ganoush posted:

You now have to officially own a fedora to post on SA now?

Not surprised.

yeah they send em in the mail when you give lowtax your :10bux:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Baba Ganoush posted:

Lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Now they too can murder peasants with guns and get shot to death over bullshit that does nothing good

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Do they get special uniforms that accentuate their curves? The enemy is slower to shoot because he is staring at some rear end and titties.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

texaholic posted:

Do they get special uniforms that accentuate their curves? The enemy is slower to shoot because he is staring at some rear end and titties.

yeah they gonna git that titty armor video game developers always give their "strong" female characters

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Minorkos posted:

lol they aren't going to war against other professional soldiers, they are occupying hosed up third world countries and massacring sheep herders. All you need to learn how to do is shoot people that aren't expecting it or are running away. and rape.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

true story: that actress really did show up for the auditions thinking "aliens" meant illegal aliens

Zeroville
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp
I am rooting for the girls, but I still don't think it's a good idea to have women on the battlefield. Men are biologically programed to protect and come to a woman's aid. I could definitely imagine scenarios where a male soldier would abandon his mission in order to aid his female ally.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Zeroville posted:

I am rooting for the girls, but I still don't think it's a good idea to have women on the battlefield. Men are biologically programed to protect and come to a woman's aid. I could definitely imagine scenarios where a male soldier would abandon his mission in order to aid his female ally.

this little bit of folk wisdom is vomited out so often by so many people that it almost certainly has to be wrong

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Biotruths

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

nomadologique posted:

god i wish the military had official designed dress shorty-shorts

like this, but dress

The Selous Scouts in Rhodesia already beat you to it...

A misanthrope posted:

yeah they gonna git that titty armor video game developers always give their "strong" female characters

No fooling, the Army has been developing female-tailored ballistic armor, since there's been a lot of complaints about how the Interceptor OTV feels too tight in the chest area, restricts arm movement, and sits badly on the hips.

www.army.mil posted:

"This is what security should feel like," Horoho said. "You should not have to think about it. It's just there. Historically the design for body armor for women was extrapolated from the anthropomorphic measurements of a standard male cohort. Not surprisingly, the fit was woefully inadequate and decremented agility in tactical environs."

Immediately after donning the vest surgeon general demonstrated her full range of motion in her shoulders and arms by rotating her arms in a wide arc.

"This is amazing," she said.

Through a joint effort between Product Manager Soldier Protective Equipment, the U.S. Army Natick Soldier RD&E Center, or NSRDEC, Anthropometry Team and the Natick Design Pattern and Prototype Team the protective vest has been fitted for today's female warrior.

While providing the same high-level ballistic protection, it has an improved quick release system, narrower shoulders, front ballistic plate insertion, more adjustability in the waist area, and a collar that can accommodate the regulation hair (bun) styles of female Soldiers.

A misanthrope posted:

this little bit of folk wisdom is vomited out so often by so many people that it almost certainly has to be wrong

Ask the Israelis if this happens.

In fact, a lot of the people who have been the most vocal opposition to Ms. Griest and Haver are the same type of dudes who would unequivocally support Israel's universal conscription for REASONS.

Honestly, I see Haver as having more of a chance of seeing actual combat. Her Apache experience would probably be useful in something like the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, which provides helicopter support to the 75th Rangers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

word :biotruths:

Young Freud posted:

Ask the Israelis if this happens.

In fact, a lot of the people who have been the most vocal opposition to Ms. Griest and Haver are the same type of dudes who would unequivocally support Israel's universal conscription for REASONS.

Honestly, I see Haver as having more of a chance of seeing actual combat. Her Apache experience would probably be useful in something like the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, which provides helicopter support to the 75th Rangers.

see? i knew that was a bunch of poo poo

• Locked thread