Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

TwoFire posted:

Congratulations on becoming a SJW level one! Your family and friends will hate you, along with the rest of the planet. Twitter (sounds like titter) awaits. Go Post, young man! Go post! (just not here)

people who accuse others of being sjw's are rapidly overtaking sjw's themselves in obnoxiousness

well, no, that's not true, but you're still a oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im a sam jackson wannabe. i dont see whats so bad about that

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

How can you not love Lou Reed? He's the Poor Man's Poor Man's Joe Piscopo.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

pr0k posted:

LR sucks; VU sucks; you suck and your opinion is wrong. Whining talentless shitstains imitating punk nihilism without the conviction. Useless trash. Iggy Pop would have cock-slapped LR right off the stage back in the day if he could have even noticed his boring rear end presence, which he wouldn't have at all.

I don't think that's what would have happened. I think Iggy respected Lou Reed.

shreks machine
May 24, 2015
i like lisning to lou reed also self pity its gr8

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
HOLY SHIT I JUST WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT BIRDS IN CAGES. DID YOU KNOW PUTTING BIRDS IN CAGES MAKES YOU LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER? CAUSE IT DOES AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU KNOW. I ALSO WANT YOU TO KISS YOURSELF IF YOU EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING A BIRD IN A CAGE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhISuAzqZY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO_IB661-PQ

lol

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
"I said "I wanna be a singer like Lou Reed"
"I like Lou Reed" she said sticking her tongue in my ear
"Let's go, let's sit, let's talk"
"Politics go so good with beer"
"And while we're at it baby, why don't you tell me one of your biggest fears?"
I said "Loosing my penis to a whore with disease"
"Just kidding" I said
"Losing my life to a whore with disease"
She said "Excuse me please?"
I said "Losing my life to a whore with disease"

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
if you wanted to get a rise out o fpeople, posting about bikes is a better bet

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Zahgaegun posted:

I've never met a single person who even remotely likes ZZ Top

I don't like their songs about sex because then I'm confronted with the image of some gruff duck dynasty looking motherfucker cumming on a womans tits or something

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Since a lot of the music I like could easily be dismissed as easily as Reed in this thread, I try not to crap on other people's heroes and just leave it as "I don't understand the appeal".

Your first exposure to an artist can have a huge impact, and if everything aligns correctly (your mood, life circumstances, relationship status, etc.) you can make a lifelong connection with someone you would otherwise have no interest in.

That said, I absolutely do not understand the appeal of Lou Reed and scramble for the forward button every time I hear his tuneless speak-singing on the last Metric album.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

ghlbtsk posted:

Since a lot of the music I like could easily be dismissed as easily as Reed in this thread, I try not to crap on other people's heroes and just leave it as "I don't understand the appeal".

Your first exposure to an artist can have a huge impact, and if everything aligns correctly (your mood, life circumstances, relationship status, etc.) you can make a lifelong connection with someone you would otherwise have no interest in.

That said, I absolutely do not understand the appeal of Lou Reed and scramble for the forward button every time I hear his tuneless speak-singing on the last Metric album.

bet this clown also thinks rap is just talking too

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
Everything but rap and country.....and lou reed

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
is he dead, or was that bob dylan?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
A lot of early Beatles stuff is hokey loving garbage and is only popular because it was the first of that kind of hokey garbage. Even some of their better stuff is sometimes better when covered. See: with a little help from my friends.

Not all Beatles music sucks but some of it obviously does. Its self evident.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

dogcrash truther posted:

I don't think that's what would have happened. I think Iggy respected Lou Reed.

I already posted the quote on the previous page, no need to rub it in ~~~

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
for some reason i thought lou reed was a jazz musician what is that loving amelodic garbage ugh

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Rambling Robot posted:

is he dead, or was that bob dylan?

Bob Dylan still alive, Lou Reed not.

shreks machine
May 24, 2015

Sheep-Goats posted:

Bob Dylan still alive, Lou Reed not.

we live in the most hosed up of all realities

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
Lou Reed was always dead though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

ghlbtsk posted:

Forget whatever you think you know and listen to the first VU record.

• Locked thread