Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
im mean just loving railing her without remorse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

BLARGHLE posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBz69vGjAPc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dMOTYSLaq4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU-QlK2ddWY

Every song on this album is a God Damned musical gem.

gently caress commercial success when you can create such unappreciated masterpieces as the above linked songs.

I defy any of you to name a better album from 2001!

:agreed:

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
Jolene is the best song they've ever done tbh

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
sorry but unless your name is lou reed you aren't aloud to talksing

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser

Nefarious posted:

sorry but unless your name is lou reed you aren't aloud to talksing

My nane is loure ed

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Comfort eagle is really really good but Chronic 2001 is the best album of 2001 even though it wasn't actually from 2001

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

shifting gears a bit, but opalescent by jon hopkins is a great 2001 ablum

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
my favorite artist is jandek

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lol this loving kid thinks cake is better than AiC

i bet you also sip wine in the park with your barista girlfriend you hipster gently caress

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
I agree with the op

voted 5

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
the very best of john hall and daryl oates was released in 2001 so every suggestion up until now has been wrong and dumb

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

backstreets back

alright

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

random band name + elevator music + quirky lyrics = good band.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

everyone's wrong

the only acceptable answers are Blackwater Park or Toxicity

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

are you trolling

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Bleed American was the best album of 2001 and, so far at least, the millennium

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

dethkon posted:

But you've got to contend with JayZ putting his best ever album out that same year.

um, Reasonable Doubt came out in 1996, not 2001

the best album of 2001 was Is This It

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
Nuh uh, my music is the best, I have the best taste in music so what I like is the best

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xat1GVnl8-k

Monkeys. :3:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Aralan posted:

Bleed American was the best album of 2001 and, so far at least, the millennium

who was that, was that Jimmy Eat World?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Nooner posted:

who was that, was that Jimmy Eat World?

Yeah

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Friggin' loved this album in high school, still holds up too :thumbsup:

I tried showing it to my fiancee and she hated the spoken-word songs, made me reconsider my proposal

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

okay, they were pretty good.

The music video for The Middle gave me a big ole boner cause it was just tons of people in their underwear and I was in middleschool

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nefarious posted:

are you trolling
your mother

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013
I really liked Lateralus by Tool but I smoked a lot of weed at the time

:2bong:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've literally never heard of this band before, but they own OP. :cool:

thank

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

dethkon posted:

But you've got to contend with JayZ putting his best ever album out that same year.

Reasonable Doubt came out in '96.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Enfield posted:

j.lo by jenifer lopez probably takes the cake for good 2001 albums

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Frostwerks posted:

hes loving your wife, you know.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

BLARGHLE posted:

It really loving is! I'm listening to it right now!

I tried to get it played at my wedding, but the DJ was a loving pain in the rear end....you'd think that hiring your wife's friend would get you whatever music you wanted at the reception, but apparently not!

Hey rear end in a top hat, how many hundreds of dollars am I paying you? Is it more than one? Oh, it is several? Okay, I think you can play whatever the gently caress my drunken rear end requests, then. Lay off the lovely country pop for the nonexistent single young female demographic, and do what the guy who is paying you politely requests. And then less politely requests. And then drunkenly demands, because, seriously, it's my loving wedding reception, and if you're not even going to make an attempt to play the music I request, then what the gently caress am I paying you for? Oh, you're my wife's friend? Great, wonderful, that's lovely, but that does not explain this terrible playlist, especially when I sent you like a dozen bands' discographies worth of stuff you could play, and literally none of it has been played yet. Oh, but I'm the rear end in a top hat for trying to hear some of the music I want at the huge party that I have directly and indirectly paid for!

did he knock it off and start playing what you told him to? did you threaten not to pay him if he kept ignoring you?

i want to know more

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

BLARGHLE posted:

I'm not here to give accolades, and sure as gently caress not for blind melon's bullshit

:thumbsup:

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005

This poo poo is terrible and I interrupted playing CAKE to listen to it like gently caress you man.

BLARGHLE posted:

It really loving is! I'm listening to it right now!

I tried to get it played at my wedding, but the DJ was a loving pain in the rear end....you'd think that hiring your wife's friend would get you whatever music you wanted at the reception, but apparently not!

Hey rear end in a top hat, how many hundreds of dollars am I paying you? Is it more than one? Oh, it is several? Okay, I think you can play whatever the gently caress my drunken rear end requests, then. Lay off the lovely country pop for the nonexistent single young female demographic, and do what the guy who is paying you politely requests. And then less politely requests. And then drunkenly demands, because, seriously, it's my loving wedding reception, and if you're not even going to make an attempt to play the music I request, then what the gently caress am I paying you for? Oh, you're my wife's friend? Great, wonderful, that's lovely, but that does not explain this terrible playlist, especially when I sent you like a dozen bands' discographies worth of stuff you could play, and literally none of it has been played yet. Oh, but I'm the rear end in a top hat for trying to hear some of the music I want at the huge party that I have directly and indirectly paid for!

Just lol if you actually let him get away with not playing the song.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
more like system of a downs syndrome

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Hot Jam posted:

This poo poo is terrible and I interrupted playing CAKE to listen to it like gently caress you man.

It really is bad, but the one guy who is still alive is pretty cool. I just wanted to give him some views.

I think this was my favorite poo poo around 2001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBIfp2Z9TZ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=593Wi-32bEo

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

dad gay. so what posted:

my favorite artist is jandek

i am autistic enough to know who that is, but not autistic enough to agree

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Also, pretty easy to come up with better albums than "Comfort Eagle" from 2001.

My personal favorite is "The Egg" by Shiner, and it should be yours too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiaIGrSAKx8

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GlennFinito posted:

I really liked Lateralus by Tool but I smoked a lot of weed at the time

:2bong:

me too but I didn't smoke weed, I was just pretentious

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
huh i almost forget about 2001, seems like not much happened that year

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Comfort Eagle is a good album, agreed OP.

But really all this thread has done is made me remember how terrible music was back then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The 2000s were a p lovely decade for music all around, which is why I was mostly a classic-rock nerd when I was in high school

• Locked thread