Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Amorphous Blob posted:

They should cross star wars with marvel to piss off both fan bases and make trillions

it was called Guardians of the Galaxy and it was really really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Is star wars ready to feel the burn of modern sjw critics?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Luke, I am your seeder.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Are Disney actually remaking the prequels OP ???

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Moola posted:

yeah, don't fuckin lie to us, we really love star wars

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I want to know please don't troll

Thank you

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Moola posted:

Yep !! Wanna go to attend a midnight screening w me ? I usually go as padme

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
ok but only if I can suck your dick after

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Amorphous Blob posted:

They should cross star wars with marvel to piss off both fan bases and make trillions

You're crazy, the fans would eat that poo poo up:
https://youtu.be/5BBhNkywMJY

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

Anakin Skywalker dies in the climax of the first movie and Jar Jar wears his skin like a meat suit and becomes surrogate father to Luke Skywalker.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Annakin gets chopped up by Rob Roy and burned by lava, wakes up from reconstructive surgery and is JarJar.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

The standalone movies or whatever are just essentially the same loving timeframe of the Episodes 1-3.

The Boba fett one is Attack of the clones and Revenge of the Sith.

The Vader movie is all three prequel movies.

Guess who's not in it?

loving Jar-Jar, he has been erased.

Site your sources fool. You think this is a 7th grade history report or something?

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

I just want them to put the original Han shoots first cut on bluray

Can we just do that, please

You loving assholes

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Backweb posted:

Site your sources fool. You think this is a 7th grade history report or something?

http://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-2nd-anthology-film-will-be-boba-fetts-origin-story/

fine here gaaaaaaaaaaawd

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Thanks The Taint Reaper! You're cool with me now.... cos now I can be officially angry about franchise oversaturation!

Fake edit: Should I now consider my taint reaped? I really have no clue how this works. TIA

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Backweb posted:

Thanks The Taint Reaper! You're cool with me now.... cos now I can be officially angry about franchise oversaturation!

Fake edit: Should I now consider my taint reaped? I really have no clue how this works. TIA

I wouldn't really call it over saturation because

a) We have not even gotten episode 7 yet

b) All the marvel equivalents have been pushed back numerous times

c) Studios just have the rights to movies before anything else is decided, if it's not an active shoot there's a good chance that most of this stuff will not go through.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
It's a good time to be a star wars fan boi tho

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

I wouldn't really call it over saturation because

a) We have not even gotten episode 7 yet

b) All the marvel equivalents have been pushed back numerous times

c) Studios just have the rights to movies before anything else is decided, if it's not an active shoot there's a good chance that most of this stuff will not go through.

That would be better. They should just turn em into more books that I'll never read. I'm okay with that.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
i can't wait to not go to the new star wars movie and piss off my wife and friends by refusing to participate in their gayass little subculture

i'll read reviews of it and learn enough about it to make lovely jokes about it and piss them off

i still haven't seen episode 3 and it exasperates them lol

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

literally anything will be better than the prequels. you could just have a steaming turd on the screen for 2 hours and it will be more entertaining.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
really hope espisode seven is bad like worse than lucas bad

i hope episode seven makes episode one look like loving citizen kane

i hope it spawns billions of youtube videos of sweaty geeks apologizing to george lucas and then symbolically setting fire to mouse ears

i hope jj abraham lincoln puts a really awkward and horrible racist black joke in the middle of a movie for no reason

i hope there's a sex scene that makes the matrix revolutions sex scene look tasteful in comparisson

i hope it turns out that they actually didn't hire mark hamill to come back as luke skywalker and it's actually just some other horrible ugly old guy playing him and he sounds like a loving frog

i hope for all this and more

i really, really want this movie to utterly dogshit terrible

i truly do

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Backweb posted:

taint reaped again!!

Sassafrasquatch
May 7, 2007

You seem angry friend

naem
May 29, 2011

These movies and out in the 70's it's nuts how people are still crazy for them

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

cram me sideways posted:

i hope it spawns billions of youtube videos of sweaty geeks apologizing to george lucas and then symbolically setting fire to mouse ears

i hope jj abraham lincoln puts a really awkward and horrible racist black joke in the middle of a movie for no reason

i hope there's a sex scene that makes the matrix revolutions sex scene look tasteful in comparisson

i hope it turns out that they actually didn't hire mark hamill to come back as luke skywalker and it's actually just some other horrible ugly old guy playing him and he sounds like a loving frog

i truly do

You sound mentally healthy.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

naem posted:

These movies and out in the 70's it's nuts how people are still crazy for them

I've been going through a series of elective surgeries to look more like a Jawa.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

cram me sideways posted:

i truly do

Hi George, how's tricks?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Jar Jar Binks was the protagonist of all three movies; if anything they should be making a trilogy origin story for him, and then three movies explaining what happened to him after Revenge of the Sith.

SKELETON GHOST
Jan 11, 2015

by Ralp

cram me sideways posted:

i can't wait to not go to the new star wars movie and piss off my wife and friends by refusing to participate in their gayass little subculture

i'll read reviews of it and learn enough about it to make lovely jokes about it and piss them off

i still haven't seen episode 3 and it exasperates them lol

At least your wife has friends

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

A misanthrope posted:

taint reaped again!!

Mark Hamill could pass for Palpatine now. :eyepop:

Guess Ian McDiarmid won't be reprising his role since Mark will just be Palpatine and they'll recast some fresh face for Luke.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Flynn Taggart posted:

I just want them to put the original Han shoots first cut on bluray

Can we just do that, please

You loving assholes

This exists. :filez:

Grendels Dad posted:

Hi George, how's tricks?

Funny you should ask, as a prostitute would be as useful to GL as a screen door on a submarine. He's impotent

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

cram me sideways posted:

i truly do

They were bad movies, man. Get over it.

I mean maybe some people are extra mad about it because Star Wars is important to them. And those people are weird. But people who just don't want to admit they were bad because they care a lot about Star Wars are weirder. Revenge of the Sith was the only one that got decent reviews, and even that was mostly because you gotta grade it on the visuals and not just the story, and the visuals were pretty good.

I hope the new movie is good to okay because I like watching good movies and also like nerdy space-fantasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I wish I had Taint Reaper's posting skills.

• Locked thread