Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FIRST TIME posted:

It's kind of the point of Monopoly that it's supposed to suck. hth

Also if you're not cheating constantly then you're playing the game wrong.

Jastiger posted:

Its like Risk, its popular but loving sucks.

I think we've figured out the problem, you might just be legally retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Aralan posted:

Monopoly is a great game if you treat it as an exercise in seeing who is the best at cheating at board games. It's best played with three cheaters competing against each other, and one idiot sap who thinks monopoly is a good game and doesn't cheat.

Also the cannon is the most powerful piece

I've played that way before, and the "idiot sap" dragged the game down because he was checking the instructions every 5 minutes to see if something or other was "allowed" by the "rules"

it's like, motherfucker this is monopoly, the only rule is there is no rules

And the dog is the best because you can stand him up on his front legs and make it look like he's pissing on everything

Jastiger posted:

This is actually correct and I try to play this way, but it just devolves into a poo poo fest.
*lands on Boardwalk*
"I bid $1 for Boardwalk"
Cha-Ching

Why would anyone else playing let Boardwalk go for a dollar

...you play Monopoly alone, don't you

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 19, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Shirley Crabtree posted:

also please can people stop saying things like 'when you land on boardwalk' because its mayfair thats the highest value, when you land on mayfair, please bone up on the correct place names

Get the gently caress out of here with your gay rear end british monopoly

A Stupid Baby posted:

Rail Baron is the best game to play if you want to play a game thats sorta like Monopoly but not the most boring arbitrary poo poo imaginable

9/10 prospective rail barons and also my mother fear my "buy crip and up" strat

Why would you want to play a train themed game and not just play Ticket to Ride

raditts fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 19, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I like how with all the awful stereotypes they've got going on there, having a "Jail" space was still a bridge too far

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Why isnt there a Goonopoly boardgame yet?

I'm almost positive we had a Monopoly thread years ago where someone was working on an online one.

But you know how things go with Goon Projects.

• Locked thread