Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
lol you rich faggots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
p smart financial play as gas is dropping daily. gg

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I have enough money to fill my tank on a regular basis (usually every two to three weeks) but what's weird is that it seems to fly through the first 3/4 of a tank in no time at all but hover around the 1/4 mark for a very long time.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Costs me about $70 to fill the tank on my sports/luxury vehicle (The Ultimate Driving Machine). I get about the same total millage out of its 16.5 gallon tank of premium as I do out of the 12.5 gallon tank of regular in my Toyota but hey, you dont look as good driving a Toyota :shrug:

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
oh cool another one of these threads

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
when gas drops I get like a 5-6 mo supply so I can lol when it goes back up to $4

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Nooner posted:

Costs me about $70 to fill the tank on my sports/luxury vehicle (The Ultimate Driving Machine). I get about the same total millage out of its 16.5 gallon tank of premium as I do out of the 12.5 gallon tank of regular in my Toyota but hey, you dont look as good driving a Toyota :shrug:
Yeah but I bet all that low end torque comes in real handy for peeling out of the green light.

Zooey Dave Chapelle
Oct 27, 2013
i never fill up my gas tank up completely in fear of it spontaneously breaking down for good and my conscience being eternally blemished with resentment.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

I ditched my Audi because I was sick of it costing ridiculous amounts of money to repair. Cost me about $50 to fill the tank, premium gas, and I'd have to fill it every week at least.

Got a new Mazda, I can go for like a week on $20 and it still looks good because it's a 2015 model. it's almost as fast as my audi was, too. same pick up in the low speeds but the audi beats it out on acceleration after 65mph or so + top speed (but who gives a poo poo).

worth it imo.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i'm gonna fill upo my car with gas today and get a car wash too

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not going to clown on people who buy cars that only take high octane gas because I spend upwards of $200 a year on videogames so everybody needs an expensive hobby I say

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I HYPERMILE my car

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
i just spit petrol into the engine constantly a la mad max

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I never shut it off. just leave it idling all night. saves on starters and batteries.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Only way to drive a new e-class

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
hey op what's the status of that game you're making? it IS you right?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

lorn Wayne posted:

he made me an exec producer and now its a hentai dating sim

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

lorn Wayne posted:

lots of games are available for the windows 98 operating system

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

lorn Wayne posted:

Yeah it's me and I've been working on it. Just way more slowly than before because RPG Maker eats my soul away.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
WILD CARD BITCHES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHAAAAAAWWWWWW

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Windows 98 posted:

lol you rich faggots

its bad to drive all the time with low fuel on modern cars because most rely on high pressure fuel injection but of course you are poor so what am i even saying youre prolly driving an 80s volvo arent you

in that case it is also bad to drive all the time on a 1/4 tank cuz you will be sucking up all the swill/water/debris from the bottom of the tank

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
My car is electric and we have charging stations at work so it's basically free for me :raise:

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

lol poors

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a creepy colon posted:

its bad to drive all the time with low fuel on modern cars because most rely on high pressure fuel injection but of course you are poor so what am i even saying youre prolly driving an 80s volvo arent you

in that case it is also bad to drive all the time on a 1/4 tank cuz you will be sucking up all the swill/water/debris from the bottom of the tank

also the fuel pump should stay submerged, ideally. if you're driving around with less than half a tank all the time then it is going to break sooner.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Why don't you just fill up once and then full up again when you get to 3/4? Same economics, but you can avoid all the smut collecting at the bottom of your tank.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

holy poo poo!

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dre2Dee2 posted:

My car is electric and we have charging stations at work so it's basically free for me :raise:

did you have to leave your penis at the dealership when u bought it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

Why don't you just fill up once and then full up again when you get to 3/4? Same economics, but you can avoid all the smut collecting at the bottom of your tank.

when I was broke this is what I would try to do but for some reason it just never worked out that way

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

notZaar posted:

Moridin920 posted:

when I was broke this is what I would try to do but for some reason it just never worked out that way

because goons are fat impulsive retards who would forgoe the refill at 3/4 to buy like a case of Code Red and some virtual spaceships

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Moridin920 posted:

I ditched my Audi because I was sick of it costing ridiculous amounts of money to repair. Cost me about $50 to fill the tank, premium gas, and I'd have to fill it every week at least.

Got a new Mazda, I can go for like a week on $20 and it still looks good because it's a 2015 model. it's almost as fast as my audi was, too. same pick up in the low speeds but the audi beats it out on acceleration after 65mph or so + top speed (but who gives a poo poo).

worth it imo.

I am not claiming my decision is smart or responsible, im claiming it is :c00l:

probably should have gotten newer toyota tho, 07 is very nice but very unsexy

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

a creepy colon posted:

because goons are fat impulsive retards who would forgoe the refill at 3/4 to buy like a case of Code Red and some virtual spaceships

I should make it clear at this juncture that I always fill it up to the point of spillage, usually before it gets to 1/8 empty.
Plus my preferred gas station beverage is Monster ultra zero.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Lol if you don't have to replace your fuel filter every week because you drive on E all the time

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

notZaar posted:

Lol if you think us points even have enough money to fill up a tank even once

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

i look great driving a toyota. 40 bux a month, tops

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Lol if you care about parts on your car wearing out early, just buy a new car moron

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
do you really go around saying "one-fourth" instead of quarter op

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
saves weight, thus mpg

ten gallons of gas is like 90 pounds, people spend THOUSAnds to save 90 pounds of car weight so think of those savings as well

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Windows 98 posted:

Lol if you think us points even have enough money to fill up a tank even once

hey now I remember why that strategy wasn't working well for me

literally that.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

also the fuel pump should stay submerged, ideally. if you're driving around with less than half a tank all the time then it is going to break sooner.

Aren't they at the bottom or underneath?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
this is "riveting" gas chat, guys

get it? cuz cars are "riveted" together

• Locked thread