Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the Bunt posted:

Bishop Nehru
Joey Badass
Big KRIT
Ab-Soul
Killer Mike
Freddie Gibbs
Blu
Schoolboy Q
Your Old Droog
Rapsody
Earl Sweatshirt
Open Mike Eagle

the list can go on for ages, you should not be able to call yourself a rap fan if u say kendrick is the only one holy poo poo

I actually meant the only good mainstream I guess? rapper. blu good killer mike good gibbs good but I'm not hearing niggas bumpin that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the Bunt posted:

yeah, but imo Killer Mike does most of the heavy lifting rapwise in Run the Jewels. El-P is a really awkward rapper to me, but not in a bad way...idk

el p has a weird delivery I feel you

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Blue Train posted:

I actually meant the only good mainstream I guess? rapper. blu good killer mike good gibbs good but I'm not hearing niggas bumpin that poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob3ktDxAjWI

village catamite
Apr 7, 2009
Compton is great, give it time to sink in and you'll realize just how dope af it is.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

^^ yah Deep Water is a really really awesome track

the Bunt posted:

yeah, but imo Killer Mike does most of the heavy lifting rapwise in Run the Jewels. El-P is a really awkward rapper to me, but not in a bad way...idk

El-P may not be the best rapper but his lyrics are pretty funny

HOWEVER he provides the heat in those bumpin rear end beats

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
killer mike is good

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
diggin the Killer Mike recommendation
Sage Francis

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Peaches for me

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
I like Atmosphere, he's white n nonthreatening to me

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013
I forgot about Dre

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
People always talk about Kendrick like he's the best but I like Nipsey Hussle better because he's like the dollar store discount bin version of Kendrick cause he only talks about bitches n poo poo and doesn't pretend he has some deep philosophical side and he gives away all his music for free. Also he sold Jay Z $10,000 worth of free datpiff mixtapes which is like the biggest lol thing you can do

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

GlennFinito posted:

I forgot about Dre

Motherfucker

CruJones
Feb 22, 2006

by Lowtax

jackyl posted:

eazy e goddamn owns :rip: American poet

True. Buuuuuuuuuut, most of his best poo poo was ghostwritten by Cube, etc.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

You Are A Elf posted:

The man has a stethoscope. Checks out to me :shrug:

all of the sudden Dr. Dre is the G thang; but on his old album covers he was a she-thang

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
My favorite rap song is the one about shooting niggas and slapping hoes.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

the Bunt posted:

Bishop Nehru
Joey Badass
Big KRIT
Ab-Soul
Killer Mike
Freddie Gibbs
Blu
Schoolboy Q
Your Old Droog
Rapsody
Earl Sweatshirt
Open Mike Eagle

the list can go on for ages, you should not be able to call yourself a rap fan if u say kendrick is the only one holy poo poo

Why do rappers have such stupid loving names?

They look like some poo poo a 12 year old girl came up with for code names for her super secret special treehouse club.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Dr%C3%A9 ???

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
expected a rant about lovely headphones, not lovely music

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

frenton posted:

People always talk about Kendrick like he's the best but I like Nipsey Hussle better because he's like the dollar store discount bin version of Kendrick cause he only talks about bitches n poo poo and doesn't pretend he has some deep philosophical side and he gives away all his music for free. Also he sold Jay Z $10,000 worth of free datpiff mixtapes which is like the biggest lol thing you can do

just listened to this guy and he is much much worse than kendrick, sorry

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

the Bunt posted:

Bishop Nehru
Joey Badass
Big KRIT
Ab-Soul
Killer Mike
Freddie Gibbs
Blu
Schoolboy Q
Your Old Droog
Rapsody
Earl Sweatshirt
Open Mike Eagle

lil dicky

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

mrwuss posted:

lil dicky

don't sign your posts

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

chronic and 2001 are good, the new album is not good

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

frenton posted:

Nipsey Hustle is awesome and so is Dom Kennedy

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why do rappers have such stupid loving names?

They look like some poo poo a 12 year old girl came up with for code names for her super secret special treehouse club.

studio gangstas

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

GlennFinito posted:

I forgot about Dre

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Parallax Scroll posted:

chronic and 2001 are good, the new album is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Cousin Fik owns too, but the fact im a sick wid it fanboy may be heavily influencing my opinion

• Locked thread