Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

echronorian posted:

Last year, a corporation made twelve billion dollars whereas I saved for a vacation but has to use the money to pay the IRS. Now you tell me: who is cool in this scenario???

The one that makes cool and hit smart phones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
listen kiddo you might wanna cool it on that corporate jive until after you hear what my homeboy Bono's got to say

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

have you tried being a job maker instead of a money taker? just my opinion on success

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Mandator posted:

have you tried being a job maker instead of a money taker? just my opinion on success

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
corporations must have done something really good to earn the right to ruin the planet without any serious consequences so that's why i respect them

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
corporations have cool office buildings :3:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

snakeandbake posted:

corporations must have done something really good to earn the right to ruin the planet without any serious consequences so that's why i respect them

yeah pretty much every product you have consumed to make your life better (or worse) that you are looking at right now with the electricity that magically appears in your first world hellhole.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: MILLENNIAL FOUND :siren:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
if you dont want people to build things and invent things and mass produce things then do it yourself i guess?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
also you can pay yourself with your profits so you dont have to do anything

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
have you tried just kidnapping some rich fool and demanding a reasonable sum for his return?

works pretty well in the guild II

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

swampland posted:

listen kiddo you might wanna cool it on that corporate jive until after you hear what my homeboy Bono's got to say

ahahahahaha thanks bud this really lifted my spirits

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
:agreed:

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
No dgsw things were much better before the industrial revolution. People were happily walking around in piss and poo poo, getting the bubonic plague and dying at 30 gently caress corporations

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Government needs to get out of the way of corporations

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
yeah its almost like human beings created some kind of "demand" or whatever that needed to be "supplied" and then the ones that "supplied" these "demands" became successful. what a corrupt system. the modern consumer deserves the right to goods and services that magically appear before them because they are to lazy to create them themselves. I AM THE 99%! occupy your loving cardboard box idiots

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

dad gay. so what posted:

yeah its almost like human beings created some kind of "demand" or whatever that needed to be "supplied" and then the ones that "supplied" these "demands" became successful. what a corrupt system. the modern consumer deserves the right to goods and services that magically appear before them because they are to lazy to create them themselves. I AM THE 99%! occupy your loving cardboard box idiots

Vote dad gay. So w what 2016

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Big corporations forces me to buy iPhones and use Twitter.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
corporations are great because they make poor foreigners do all our work for us.

We just have to go to an air-conditioned office and suck dick for 8 hours and look at all the great stuff we get.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
they dont have to do anything. they want to because their governments are so cool that they have no basic human rights. jobs are good. but lets make a mandatory wage of 15$ an hour in america so even more jobs go away. (because corps can only exist to make a profit for their investors that give them the capital to make the things you buy)

its kind of like "supply" and "demand"

do it better. you will win.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
you loving millennials will get what you deserve, and by then ill be on a spaceship to our new colony. good luck dickbags!!! VOTE BERNIE!

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
If they raised the minimum wage than any retail store that either loses money or breaks even like OfficeMax will lay off half their workers.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

dad gay. so what posted:

you loving millennials will get what you deserve, and by then ill be on a spaceship to our new colony. good luck dickbags!!! VOTE BERNIE!

the new colony is actually millennials shipping you old farts to the moon to die

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
If corporations had to pay foreign workers at least 20% of a $15 US minimum wage it might work better.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

snakeandbake posted:

the new colony is actually millennials shipping you old farts to the moon to die

yeah. thats what is happening. keep consuming and you will solve everything. i already have my trip booked, i noticed you werent on the invite list. stare at your phone more....

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

dad gay. so what posted:

yeah. thats what is happening. keep consuming and you will solve everything. i already have my trip booked, i noticed you werent on the invite list. stare at your phone more....

Your shtick would be a lot funnier if you didn't post the exact same thing in every single GBS thread regardless of subject.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

If corporations had to pay foreign workers at least 20% of a $15 US minimum wage it might work better.

You.. uh.. can't legally dictate what someone does in another country. If you tried, they would just subcontract out everything to a local shell company anyway.

Corporations are really smart.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
without corporations how could we invent a person on paper and then blame that paper when something goes wrong?

don't any of you assholes know how FREEDOM works??

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

in some countries they lock up or kill ceos who gently caress up as they are held responsible for the actions of the companies they oversee

makes you think

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
You know that lion that all those people went gay over? Corporations are like that. They're the kings of the jungle. Except that the corporation also has a rifle and it's bulletproof and dead sexy to boot.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

CombineThresher posted:

Your shtick would be a lot funnier if you didn't post the exact same thing in every single GBS thread regardless of subject.

what the gently caress are you talking about? ive never posted anything like that *redacted* good buddy. seriously what the gently caress are you even talking about?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

swampland posted:

oh yeah ha pretty cool, corporations, all the cool kids like em too huh? well lets have a little look at one of those "cool" guys who got really into corporations

Meet Denny, a fresh faced youngster with his whole future ahead of him. He loved life and worked as a school crossing guard, everyone in the community loved him. But then he got into corporations.

Lets have a little look at Denny nowdays shall we?

Oh sure Denny started off small time, just a little corporations here and there, thinking it wouldn't affect him, just like you my man. But from just that first try of corportations in the 70s in 15 short years he had become a ceo, mainlining greed and snorting embezzlement, untill one day it all came crashing down on him.

So how about you? Not feeling so fly about corporations now are you hotshot?

he looks heavier than 235, if he really is 6 2

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

like 6'5 judging by the thing he's in front of

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

dad gay. so what posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about? ive never posted anything like that *redacted* good buddy. seriously what the gently caress are you even talking about?

*looks up from phone* yeah what a maroon!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
oh, nevermind. good luck goons!! men of action! guys who are really smart! (MENSA even :smug:), the debate club!

post the solution when you guys are done.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Dude I like, no - LOVE, corporations.

Maybe not love, but like - really like, like, ya know?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Blue Train posted:

in some countries they lock up or kill ceos who gently caress up as they are held responsible for the actions of the companies they oversee

makes you think

The way an extradition treaty works, a thing has to be law in both countries for extradition. So, if you made a law holding CEOs accountable in the USA, then every CEOs would just move corporate headquarters to a country where that's not the case.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Prorat posted:

If they raised the minimum wage than any retail store that either loses money or breaks even like OfficeMax will lay off half their workers.

I'm sitting here with tears welling up in my eyes imagining a world without OfficeMax.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

this gbs thread about corporate america took an unusually harsh turn into bitterness and anger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

dad gay. so what posted:

lol

• Locked thread