Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
Oh hey, I totally didn't see this thread before, seeing a GT rallycrossed is the best thing. As someone already mentioned I'm swapping a DOHC all aluminum Suzuki engine into my GT (targeting 1,700lbs and 120hp, thread soon) which means I have a ton of spare parts I can't use!

Weber 32/36 DGEV (and a Solex and some mystery Holley)
Two intake manifolds
Exhaust manifold (which I could make into a "Sprint" manifold without the heat riser if you'd like)
Brand new headpipe
TIG welded stainless steel battery tray
1.9l engine and transmission obviously

And a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting. Shipping from Ohio (where everything is at the moment) wouldn't be too bad so just let me know, I'd love to see this stuff go to a good home.

MonkeyNutZ fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

Oh wow, not only is an 1.1l automatic rare as hell, it's quite possibly the slowest vehicle ever produced by Germany.

Speaking of carbs and hater pipes (yes, do it) let me know if you want any of my Opel parts stash: jimbobd20 at gmail don't ask, I've had it since I was 13

P.S. The car number decals look amazing

E: Wait a minute, if I remember correctly the 1.1l wasn't an option after 1970. Either he's wrong on the displacement or some crazy bastard swapped one in

MonkeyNutZ fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 21, 2015

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

There's a box headed your direction.

:ninja:

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

Don't know how I missed your last post, that looks like an absolute blast. The GT seems to make an awesome rallycross car which makes sense given its past racing history:

You probably have to turn a hell of a lot less for the chicanes since it's so narrow. How's the suspension holding up? Looked into new shocks?

Once we get back into warm weather let me know if you run into any issues with vapor lock, I still have the old exhaust manifold from my GT sitting around as a spare to try the heat riser removal. If you cut off the heat riser/chimney that goes up to the bottom of the intake manifold and have a plate welded over the hole it's a two birds one stone modification. It should solve any hot starting/fuel boiling issues and is good for a few horsepower since it's roughly the same as one of the ultra rare "sprint" manifolds.

• Locked thread