Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
"The rape culture plaguing Western societies"

Man. My western society sure isn't as rapey as the internet leads me to expect it should be. Geez. Golly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
hoisting their own petards

beautiful

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

lol "Amy Poehler's 'Difficult People"

she's one of five of executive producers and probably didn't do much but say "yeah I think these people are funny, pay for their show"

but yes it's her fault

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

wait how is it perpetuating rape culture and/or racist to make a joke about a dude peeing on underaged women

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

feminism like this is proof that we all have way too much time on our hands

that antibiotic resistant bacteria needs to step up its game

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Kumo posted:

feminism like this is proof that we all have way too much time on our hands

that antibiotic resistant bacteria needs to step up its game

Feministicide

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Borneo Jimmy posted:

Metaphorically, sorry goons

you have no idea how disappointed i am

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

ugh

*removes amy poehler from Good Persons twitter list*

how problematic

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
more like Amy Peehole

PainBreak
Jun 9, 2001
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee poop. :airquote:

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
a twitter is angry again

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
"Why would you make a joke?" Answer: because funny.

Lighten up.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i metaphorically jacked off to this

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

SirEvelynTremble posted:

"White feminism is truly only concerned with freeing cis middle-class white woman from their single bond: sexism. They deny the extent to which women of color experience racism, transphobia and ableism."

it's funny because she's right

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
what isn't funny about R Kelly pissing on people (even though it happened like a decade ago and most of the people getting mad about it were still in elementary school when he did the pissin)?

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i'm v. attracted to Amy Poehler already but this just makes me like her even more

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU9whkT8BOg

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

spacemang_spliff posted:

what isn't funny about R Kelly pissing on people (even though it happened like a decade ago and most of the people getting mad about it were still in elementary school when he did the pissin)?

Mad they missed out on it when it was topical.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Paradoxically it seems like the more privilege one allegedly has the more people attempt to criticize and silence them for speaking. Like i dunno about you guys but i feel like the people who get to say whatever they want and then call people bigots for disagreeing with them seem to have a better platform for speaking out but i guess that doesn't count as privilege or something?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Who would make such a joke? Who would joke about such a thing?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h5sX24usBvQ

Why I never!

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

ArbitraryC posted:

Paradoxically it seems like the more privilege one allegedly has the more people attempt to criticize and silence them for speaking. Like i dunno about you guys but i feel like the people who get to say whatever they want and then call people bigots for disagreeing with them seem to have a better platform for speaking out but i guess that doesn't count as privilege or something?

the privilege of being listened to by white dudes

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
even though I live in this huuuge rape culture I haven't seen or been in one rape, what's up with that?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

a bone to pick posted:

even though I live in this huuuge rape culture I haven't seen or been in one rape, what's up with that?

Show more rear end cleavage and tattoo baise moi on your butt. Sorry - you were asking how to get some rape action weren't you

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe

Youtube video description posted:

Trust me dis is jokes.

indeed

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't think these blavitors got the joke.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
If I was the dictator for the world I would kill everyone on Twitter.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
It's a joke. But... it's a fair point that there are a lot more of those kind of jokes made when it involved black people than white people. Than after you make a joke someone is offended. Your welcome.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
i like how they deliberately ignored that the point of the joke is that r. kelly is a pedophile urine fetishist who preys on teenaged black girls trying to make it in the music business

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Faux Mulder posted:

the privilege of being listened to by white dudes

The greatest privilege of all.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiIla9Mqo1I

e: this ones a lot funnier but i liked what Huey had to say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT-O4G27kso

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

i like how they deliberately ignored that the point of the joke is that r. kelly is a pedophile urine fetishist who preys on teenaged black girls trying to make it in the music business

Naw you're just racist

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

"I can’t wait for Blue Ivy to be old enough so R. Kelly can baaaad assssss on her."

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
the only way to rectify this situation is if r kelly pees on amy poehler

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

a bone to pick posted:

the only way to rectify this situation is if r kelly pees on amy poehler
Niiiiiiice

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Blue Ivy is a loving stupid name.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

tbf a lot of white women feminists (especially middle to upper class) you meet are just basically concerned about their own sexual freedom and job prospects and gently caress everyone else.

I know 3 of those off the top of my head. My gf's mom is one.

but like who isn't motivated by self-interest

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I don't really get it

people on the internet get mad at jokes in the way that a woman in the victorian era would

Oh my! *gasp* How tawdry and unbecoming!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mameluke posted:

but like who isn't motivated by self-interest

well it's just interesting bc they're all about equality and fairness but only as far as it applies to them and otherwise they can still be racist or classist as poo poo. usually someone who is progressive or whatever isn't that selective.

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012
I have a dream where one day R Kelly will pee on a white baby and we can all laugh about it regardless of the color of our skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I really wish this was a video of Amy Poehler peeing on a black woman. Like censor the vagina JAV-style, I don't care, just make it happen. What a disappointment of a thread.

• Locked thread