Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
She got railroaded at the MTV Music Awards by Miley Cyrus' twerking and everybody freaking out and not shutting up about it so nobody was talking about how craaaaazy Lady Gaga was dressing or whatever, then people just stopped giving a poo poo about Miley Cyrus but they still didn't care about Lady Gaga anymore :shrug:

Premeditated Toast fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
she should be girlfriends with katy perry imo

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Ramsus posted:

what happened to her face
what happened to your face

naem
May 29, 2011

Katy parrey is my favorite

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

She got fat and turned back into a man.

The Hidden Sherpa
Dec 25, 2006

she stopped making pop music for the sake of pop music and started getting all preachy and messagey with her music and the quality fell.

pop isn't supposed to be serious and she did that really really well in her early career

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
it's pretty simple

the fame and the fame monster were amazing

born this way was a huge noticeable drop in quality and artpop just continued that trend. people still listen to the first two albums but no one listens to those last two.

FalsePriest
Oct 20, 2010

"hi im pyle shittenhouse" *plop* *plop* *plop* "oops i have shit in your house lol"

The Hidden Sherpa posted:

she stopped making pop music for the sake of pop music and started getting all preachy and messagey with her music and the quality fell.

pop isn't supposed to be serious and she did that really really well in her early career

This.

Fun lady gaga disappeared up lovely 'arty' gaga's rear end.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Kilmers Elbow posted:

She got fat and turned back into a man.

This is the answer I am going to believe.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Omi-Polari posted:

Fame is a totally awesome album that ruled the gay clubs before it took over the radio. Still kickass.

Born This Way was great. It was huge and weird and I like it but the cracks started to form on the whole monumental freaky Gaga edifice. The title track is too on the nose -- it doesn't hold up. (No one fuckin listens to that song anymore.) And she started going on these messianic rants at her concerts like she's the queer Muad'Dib or some bullshit like that.

Artpop had no hits, either. Its biggest single was with R Kelly which was the absolute worst timing since rape allegations came back into the spotlight.

Applause was a hit

Amethyst fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 22, 2015

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Speaking of hits, how the hell does anaconda have half a billion youtube views?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Amethyst posted:

Much higher volume these days.

There's a parody of a Taylor Swift song that has 40 million views right now.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

computer parts posted:

Much higher volume these days.

There's a parody of a Taylor Swift song that has 40 million views right now.

Oh right. I didn't look at Katy Perry and Taylor Swift numbers. Both are over a billion.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Amethyst posted:

Is that the one with all the butts?

If so, Butts is the reason.

Butts.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Amethyst posted:

Oh right. I didn't look at Katy Perry and Taylor Swift numbers. Both are over a billion.

gently caress this gay earth

red19fire
May 26, 2010

That's what I think happened too, she took herself too seriously as The Voice Of This Generation And Also The LGBT Movement and declared herself an Icon on par with Elton John or Michael Jackson. Like you put out 2 popular pop albums, that's not legendary status.

Also a goon had a thread about meeting her in a club and her bodyguards hustling him to her hotel room for boring, mechanical sex.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Lady Gaga hated being Lady Gaga so after making like $200 million she said gently caress it I'm out.

She probably spends most of her time in normal clothing and normal makeup and maybe people give her a double take at the line in Starbucks but she is just, "Oh my god I wish!" if someone says something.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 22, 2015

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

red19fire posted:

Also a goon had a thread about meeting her in a club and her bodyguards hustling him to her hotel room for boring, mechanical sex.

I didn't see that thread but something tells me that it didn't happen.

A goon getting laid, please.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Nobody who fucks a celebrity is ever going to talk about it to anybody, because they know nobody will believe them. So any story somebody tells about loving a celebrity is a lie unless they can get confirmation straight from that celebrity.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

King Vidiot posted:

Nobody who fucks a celebrity is ever going to talk about it to anybody, because they know nobody will believe them. So any story somebody tells about loving a celebrity is a lie unless they can get confirmation straight from that celebrity.

I had a threesome with Burt Reynolds and David Hasselhoff, true story.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I had a threesome with Burt Reynolds and David Hasselhoff, true story.

alright that checks out

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

red19fire posted:

Were the bodyguards included? She's got some hot bodyguards.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

King Vidiot posted:

Here a nigga never been to LA or NYC;',.

where every not fat girl eventually reads you the starfucker portion of their proudho resume

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
hey remember when her agent and record label did everything in their power to cover up how plain and boring and dumb she loving was before she hit it big

actually, seriously, i hope she took her millions, invested them wisely, and then moved to a part of the country where nobody would recognize her out of character and, gently caress it, did a name change and now she can live a comfortable life pursuing whatever she likes

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

there is a 162-page thread in NMD dedicated to her which is the most inexplicable thing

basically she was somewhere between wishing to be and being a gay camp broadway diva in the bette midler/judy garland/cher mold who took "fake it till you make it" a bit too far into the wasteland

Omi-Polari posted:

• they wanted to exploit her for money (probably true)
  • she was a narcissistic self-absorbed diva (also true) who wouldn't take direction

distilled to its essence

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

there is a 162-page thread in NMD dedicated to her which is the most inexplicable thing

you know, now bronies and steven universarinos don't seem as loving horrible

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I wonder why Monster didn't get much radio play (or maybe my memory sucks). It's one of her better songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP2srT6hh2Y

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
her naked body from those weird videos was really disappointing

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Celery Face posted:

I wonder why Monster didn't get much radio play (or maybe my memory sucks). It's one of her better songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP2srT6hh2Y

It did, but it was about loving a dude with a big dick so some people got envious.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Milky Moor posted:

it's pretty simple

the fame and the fame monster were amazing

born this way was a huge noticeable drop in quality and artpop just continued that trend. people still listen to the first two albums but no one listens to those last two.

this

also she got engaged / married so she's prob not so unhinged anymore?

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
and You and I was a better song before it was made into an album version

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

You can only make Madonna covers and lovely jazz for so long.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

sounds like björk.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

cram me sideways posted:

hey remember when her agent and record label did everything in their power to cover up how plain and boring and dumb she loving was before she hit it big

actually, seriously, i hope she took her millions, invested them wisely, and then moved to a part of the country where nobody would recognize her out of character and, gently caress it, did a name change and now she can live a comfortable life pursuing whatever she likes

sounds like lana del rey.

except she's still boring but now has a huge marketing budget.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Amethyst posted:

Applause was a hit

True, and you'll notice it's a totally non-serious song that doesn't feel like a straight rip-off of Madonna and feels more like her spoiled daughter which was the entire appeal of The Fame and Fame Monster.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i went on a date with lady gaga once and it went so badly that i threw her in a lake :(

i laughed really hard at this

thanks friend!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

King Vidiot posted:

girl i was dating hosed scott weiland and showed me pictures and it was really gross

he hosed courtney love. that's like loving the Outbreak monkey

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Nothing happened to her, she's extremely busy- she just won a Grammy (for a jazz album that went platinum), performed at the Oscars, is starring in a popular TV show, got engaged, bought a huge house, is working on her next record with redone, Moroder, Nile Rodgers and more, on the cover of several magazines etc.

The problem though is mainly how huge she got in such a short amount of time that if she's not EVERYWHERE and at the top somehow that equates to being irrelevant and "over" which is just silly. Even her "flop" era with artpop sold over 3 million albums and had a ridiculously successful tour.

Also, I'm gay.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Remember when Gaga was in that Google Chrome commercial? She was everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So who's number one now

• Locked thread