Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Lol at that knockdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Moroz' boxing is so good

/Gets knocked down while flailing around

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Round 2 looking like a Leonard Garcia mirror match.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
irony commentary

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Moroz isn't amazing skill wise but she's relentlessly aggressive, which is fun to watch.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Think about how bad Joanne Calderwood is after watching this fight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Letourneau's punches don't even seem to have much behind them but Moroz runs head first into them.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
keep your left up striking lady

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Hah

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
the more aggressive moroz gets the harder she gets hit which is hilarious

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

When was the last time someone got kimura'd from the guard in the UFC lol

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Moroz is making the other lady look like an amazing counter puncher.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

1st AD posted:

When was the last time someone got kimura'd from the guard in the UFC lol

I was wondering the same thing

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Assess?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
personality powerhouse

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Moroz was running into that right straight, left body kick all match with no adjustments. Also cannot fight without moving straight forwards or backwards.

Incidentally, Valerie Letourneau was one of the fighters casted for the first W135 TUF. She was taken down and submitted in like 3 minutes by Roxy Modafferi lol. She came a long way from that for sure

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lol drat just rode him like a backpack the whole round.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

canoshiz posted:

Moroz was running into that right straight, left body kick all match with no adjustments. Also cannot fight without moving straight forwards or backwards.

Incidentally, Valerie Letourneau was one of the fighters casted for the first W135 TUF. She was taken down and submitted in like 3 minutes by Roxy Modafferi lol. She came a long way from that for sure

It helps to fight people her own size. Who was the goon that said this was a tune up fight for Moroz because lol.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Letourneau wasn't that much bigger though. I don't think size was the deciding or even an important factor in that fight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

1st AD posted:

Letourneau wasn't that much bigger though. I don't think size was the deciding or even an important factor in that fight.

Do you mean Modaferri?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

canoshiz posted:

Jesus Christ. Pretend I put a Virginia Slims ad from a 90s magazine jpg here. Never would have guessed roxy subbed anyone, ever, despite seeing a bunch of her fights

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Do you mean Modaferri?

I misread the post, thought you meant Moroz.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

The bar we're at is doing karaoke tonight. During that fight, which was so unremarkable that hardly anyone felt compelled to stop posting about the previous bout, some drunk as gently caress Gabe Newell looking mother fucker absolutely butchered War Pigs, which is already among the top 5 worst songs to do karaoke.

This is the way Fox Sports cards are truly meant to be experienced imo

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Who was the goon that said this was a tune up fight for Moroz because lol.

I said I thought it was a weird matchup from a promotional point of view and to be honest I still kinda do because it basically killed any momentum she had from the Calderwood fight without really serving to boost Letourneau's profile all that much. Like basically after this fight you can sort of say ok, Moroz isn't all that great and Letourneau is OK (and Calderwood looks really bad). Whereas if they had matched her up with like, Randa Markos or Rose Namajunas then either one would have probably smashed her and would have gotten a lot more hype from it than Letourneau is gonna get.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

There a million contenders in that division (not skill wise, just in terms of profile) so who cares if this matchmaking wasn't optimal.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Moroz definitely sucks, that's all that needs to be said.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Also, I don't think you can underestimate how having skills such as "doesn't charge into strikes" and "can kind of grapple a bit" makes it hard for the non Joanna's or Claudias of 115 to win decisively.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
who the gently caress is chad laprise

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Dangersim posted:

who the gently caress is chad laprise FS1 main card fighter

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dangersim posted:

who the gently caress is was chad laprise

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

he's dead now so it doesn't matter

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It was nice when he blatantly gave up.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I'm glad that ended quickly because I was fully expecting a mediocre 15 minute fight.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Undefeated and 1 Chad Laprise

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ahhaha gently caress you chad leprise. That's what you get for throwing a headkick during the fist bump

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Northjayhawk posted:

He's only 26, and he retired.

Who was this?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

gently caress THIS was the fight I skipped to walk my dog :smith:

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

origami posted:

Who was this?

Frankie Perez

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

oh my god a cote fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dangersim posted:

oh my god a cote fight

They're kind of throwing him a bone with Burkman, but both dudes probably shouldn't be fighting much longer anyway.

• Locked thread