Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Chichevache posted:

Colts QBs :argh:
Steelers WRs look pretty good lately too
Jets d line (though they're all high picks)
Pats CHTs

Steelers LBs and Jets DLine I'll give to you. I'd put the Colts QBs more on then QBs then the organization as they have had several coaching changes since.

Also, Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

OxySnake posted:

I don't know, all the Packers have behind their No. 1 receiver is some schlub 2nd round WR named Greg Jennings Jordy Nelson Randall Cobb Davante Adams. God knows how it will work out.

Seriously though, besides the Seahawks and DB's is there a better team at developing one position in the NFL?

Chargers Punters

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
so cards really need to hope palmer's knee stays together

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

born on a buy you posted:

so cards really need to hope palmer's knee stays together

Why was he being such a whiny baby on Saturday

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

OxySnake posted:

Steelers LBs and Jets DLine I'll give to you. I'd put the Colts QBs more on then QBs then the organization as they have had several coaching changes since.

Also, Lol

Been a while since the Steelers have produced a quality LB.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

warcrimes posted:

Been a while since the Steelers have produced a quality LB.

Yeah, that's why I called out receivers. Wallace was very good with Ben. Antonio Brown goes without saying, and Martavius Bryant looks like he may be the genuine thing too. None of those guys were particularly high picks or "sure things", iirc.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Bad Moon posted:

I know for a fact their bullshit is vincible :hawksin:

Sorry about Jordy :(

How can I make this about the Seahawks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers have linebackers grow on trees.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers have linebackers grow on trees.

You're blazing and posting today, Fiz.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, that's why I called out receivers. Wallace was very good with Ben. Antonio Brown goes without saying, and Martavius Bryant looks like he may be the genuine thing too. None of those guys were particularly high picks or "sure things", iirc.

Todd Haley is good at it, Bowe had his 16 TD super-season with him around

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Dubious posted:

Bears get contracted

The Bears will just start throwing cookouts with the opposing teams on the field instead of playing games. Bears fans will be totally fine with this.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Ross Angeles posted:

Why was he being such a whiny baby on Saturday

Carson Palmer has been a whiny baby since 2011

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Bengals always have good tackles.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Anaranjado posted:

Carson Palmer has been a whiny baby since 2011

He got sacked two or three times and would get up and yell at the refs and spike the ball. It was hilarious

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Ross Angeles posted:

He got sacked two or three times and would get up and yell at the refs and spike the ball. It was hilarious

at least once the defender was off sides and it went uncalled

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I have found a kindred spirit

https://twitter.com/ChazbowDePew/status/636245335833231360

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

quote:

good. Don't need fair weather fans. all about what makes Sttelers better, not what someone thinks

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

It's gone, much like BBP's dignity at a Texas Roadhouse

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

"Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!"

Is there something wrong, Mel? Please talk to someone if there is. :ohdear:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

What did it say? It's gone now.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

old dog child posted:

What did it say? It's gone now.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

"Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!"

Is there something wrong, Mel? Please talk to someone if there is. :ohdear:

Petite Dinklage posted:

It's gone, much like BBP's dignity at a Texas Roadhouse

The bottom quote

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ed Bouchette #truthbombs

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The bottom quote

Hahaha

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, though, why are people still so vehemently anti-Vick? As far as I know, he's one of the VERY few NFL athletes that actually did time for their crimes.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Honestly, though, why are people still so vehemently anti-Vick? As far as I know, he's one of the VERY few NFL athletes that actually did time for their crimes.

Because he is a left handed black qb

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Same reason you can shoot 100 people in a movie but cannot shoot a dog

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Because doing time doesn't mean that he didn't kill a bunch of dogs and is a garbage human being

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Also, for a lot of fans not doing time is proof of innocence

see: Ben Roethlisberger, Ray Lewis

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross Angeles posted:

Because doing time doesn't mean that he didn't kill a bunch of dogs and is a garbage human being

what about ~second chances~ in life

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I honestly cannot get too upset about Vick and the dogs. I love dogs, and what he did is horrible, but nothing he did strikes me as particularly worse than what goes on in commercial butchering and meat packaging industries.

It seems a case of loveable animal vs. edible animal

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I honestly cannot get too upset about Vick and the dogs. I love dogs, and what he did is horrible, but nothing he did strikes me as particularly worse than what goes on in commercial butchering and meat packaging industries.

It seems a case of loveable animal vs. edible animal

those animals were hardly lovable, in fact they spent much of their time mauling other dogs

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ross Angeles posted:

I'd like to believe that he was punished for what he did, was remorseful and has changed his ways.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Raku posted:

those animals were hardly lovable, in fact they spent much of their time mauling other dogs

lovable in the sense all dogs are lovable

because all dogs loving rule

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Chilichimp posted:

Most people are normal and don't have accounts/post on football forums and like dogs. They hear Mike Vick electrocuted puppies and think "well gently caress that guy forever, I don't care if he does commercials for the spca or whatever". Most casual football fans don't know that Big Ben is a casual rapist or who the QBs before Tom Brady and Russell Wilson were or that NFL players are regular people and not just numbers and stats

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

That Works posted:

I'd like to believe that he was punished for what he did, was remorseful and has changed his ways.

Me too but I am very cynical

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
also Vick isn't great anymore, that's the biggest thing

if golden days vick was coming to PIttsburgh they'd be waiting with the key to the city

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

Most casual football fans don't know that Big Ben is a casual rapist or who the QBs before Tom Brady and Russell Wilson were or that NFL players are regular people and not just numbers and stats
I mean, in the NFL's Bengal babies ad, they even talk about how their son ate a lot of Roestlis-burgers in Pittsburgh and began to "admire the man, too." Big Ben has been totally white washed.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Blitz7x posted:

Most people are normal and don't have accounts/post on football forums and like dogs. They hear Mike Vick electrocuted puppies and think "well gently caress that guy forever, I don't care if he does commercials for the spca or whatever". Most casual football fans don't know that Big Ben is a casual rapist or who the QBs before Tom Brady and Russell Wilson were or that NFL players are regular people and not just numbers and stats

The casual fan, who has no idea what Packer fans eat at Lambeau Field.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

The casual fan, who has no idea what Packer fans eat at Lambeau Field.

Heart attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WugLyfe posted:

Heart attacks.

No, they poo poo heart attacks, they eat molten molten gravy and cheese poured over french fries and caramelized onions.

• Locked thread