Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I'd like to see how the Flyers are 5-5 with nobody on any leaderboard except for Bernier, who's 24th in save percentage so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm gonna go ahead and post team updates for posters itt

(Versteeg is hurt)

JoelJoel posted:

wow, really though the Ottawa Young Guns would have a much harder time in the EHM sim. Though it's only been a month, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Also, this thread T-Bowns.

Starsfan posted:

god drat it Niemi and Enroth. You're sinking the team!

**still ahead of the pace of the real life Sabres so I can hold on to that :(

Twin Cinema posted:

I'm glad I got a free Klingberg (is he any good in this game?) because he fills out my defense. Hopefully Semin doesn't suck as bad in this game as he did this past season. Also, Paajarvi on the second line while Ryan Strome and Huberdeau on the fourth? Uh, okay.

Paulocaust posted:

My team gets worse every time I look at it. Carlyle still haunts me and is playing a guy that washed out of the league irl on my second line.

Apparently Gardiner is out 4 months.

Verviticus posted:

thankfully in EHM every player can handle 60 mins and every goalie can play 82 games

but holy poo poo... canucks would've been a good real life team but are going to be a very bad EHM team unless the computer just plays zetterberg/ovie 45 mins a game which uh, might happen. and then i'll win every game. hopefully andersen has a good rating in these rosters

legit concerned about that PP though. santorelli probably has like a 4 for creativity and passing

anyways i think the blackhawks, jets, caps, canucks, devils jets and islanders are probably all going to turn out pretty well all in all

eXXon posted:

Jordan drafted a great top 6 for the Hawks but evidently forgot about defense after Chara.

e: ok that lineup is much better, whoever did the ratings must be a big Mantha fanboy though.

Stickarts posted:

Hell yes. Team Saskatchewan is ready for a red hot 24th place finish.

Luke Schenn pulled his hammy.

Spamtron7000 posted:

If the Bruins are any good I'm going to take credit. If not, it's all Jamwad.

They won't be good.

ThinkTank posted:

You are a saint T-Bone.

Marc Staal is out a few days.

mentholmoose posted:

I'd like to see how the Flyers are 5-5 with nobody on any leaderboard except for Bernier, who's 24th in save percentage so far.

Iginla is out for a week.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
and here's my poo poo team:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
well apparently my Sabres are averaging around 23 shots per game so maybe its not all the goaltenders fault..

Penalty Kill is decent so far.. that's the value of having Marcus Kruger on your team.

does this sim have unusually low events per game and that is why goaltending is so drat important? Based on some math (assuming those stats you posted are for the same 11 games my team went 3-6-2 in) I'm only allowing 26 shots per game.. so either I'm the real life New Jersey Devils, or this game is kind of low event.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
LOL the guy Carlyle puts at 2nd line over Beleskey and Killorn has 0 points in 9 games

4.1% PP wtf

Give Quick the Vezina already

Can we do anything to alter our team like trades, fire coaches, etc or do I have to watch this dumpster fire burn

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
You are 28th in SOG but yeah it's a bit low event compared to RL.

Paulocaust posted:

LOL the guy Carlyle puts at 2nd line over Beleskey and Killorn has 0 points in 9 games

4.1% PP wtf

Give Quick the Vezina already

Can we do anything to alter our team like trades, fire coaches, etc or do I have to watch this dumpster fire burn

I was thinking no for this one just because everyone isn't here, but maybe I'll run a sim in this soon where people can do that.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Glad to see The Semin has turned into Gretzky 2.0.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

This is amazing. Lucky for me Dumba and Poolot are on a tear because my defense is a pair of clownshoes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Can't Zazz the Mraz. :smug:

I'm sad about Ilya getting released. :smith:

I've never heard of my second line center, why are Tatar and Jurco in my bottom six, why the sweet dancing gently caress is Kopecky on my top line. BABS. :argh:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

VJeff posted:

Can't Zazz the Mraz. :smug:

I'm sad about Ilya getting released. :smith:

I've never heard of my second line center, why are Tatar and Jurco in my bottom six, why the sweet dancing gently caress is Kopecky on my top line. BABS. :argh:

heading out to beer league hockey but I'll try to do another update tonight.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Alex Burrows, 4th line center despite not playing C at all, nice.

I'm surprised my team is even above .500 with that poo poo goaltending. Is Lehner already injured or something or is the CPU stubbornly starting Hutch for no good reason? Also what happened to make Matt Read suck so bad?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

eXXon posted:

I'm surprised my team is even above .500 with that poo poo goaltending. Is Lehner already injured or something or is the CPU stubbornly starting Hutch for no good reason? Also what happened to make Matt Read suck so bad?

Burrows occasionally plays centre for the Canucks. He's a true forward in that he has no problem playing any position up front. He's weakest at centre, but only because he hasn't played a ton of it at the NHL level.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Luke Glendening, 2nd line center. Obama's America.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Mikael backlund, 4th line centre. Cmon kuemper!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mennoknight posted:

Mikael backlund, 4th line centre. Cmon kuemper!

Elias is day to day.

eXXon posted:

Lehner is healthy but he's not that great in EHM, at least off the start.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 24, 2015

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

ThinkTank posted:

Burrows occasionally plays centre for the Canucks. He's a true forward in that he has no problem playing any position up front. He's weakest at centre, but only because he hasn't played a ton of it at the NHL level.

burrows would be my pick for switching to D if it came to that. dude is just good at hockey

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Wasn't he the guy who was the greatest ball hockey player in the world at one point?

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

T-Bone posted:

Wasn't he the guy who was the greatest ball hockey player in the world at one point?

http://hockeygods.com/blog/worldhockeynews/Alex_Burrows___Ball_Hockey_Hall_of_Famer

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
December 1st Update

My Devils have rebounded and stab's team of merry goons is somehow good in EHM (Carey Price). In the West, the Sharks continue to look like the Cup favorite although the Stars are still there. The Flyers and Avalanche have a hard beat on McDavid/Eichel.

Semin going for 50 in 50 :stare:

Ryan Murphy may be a tad overrated:

Lou is having a big time year on the island.

Drouin and Ekblad are dueling for the Calder.

Weird November trades

Major injuries:

Varlmov and Lehtonen have fractured wrists, but they're only DTD right now.

POTM

Meanwhile, in Colorado: (no head coach has been hired yet so Joe is GM/Coach at the moment).

I'll post some team updates later.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH FANTASY JIM BENNNING

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Did Stamkos die or something?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Verviticus posted:

WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH FANTASY JIM BENNNING

I was thinking how spot on they got him

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

tofes posted:

Did Stamkos die or something?

I think your team will rebound because Fasth has been pretty solid actually and your scorers are all good in EHM but just underperforming. Stammer is 8-7-15 and he usually tears it up.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

It's funny that Fasth is doing well because he's not very good

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Mrazek, what the hell happened. :(

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
pp up to 9.9% yay double digits soon. Why has Quick only played 13 games?

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

11th in the conference feels about right. Do you mind if I get a screen cap? I wanna know how the top 6 shook out and how many minutes my efence is getting.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
This sim is pretty realistic so far with my Sharks owning the first few months of the year, when games really matter. We'll see if the realism continues into the second half of the season...

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Habibi posted:

This sim is pretty realistic so far with my Sharks owning the first few months of the year, when games really matter. We'll see if the realism continues into the second half of the season...

But Quick has a regular season .931 so far, so that's nonsense.

I'm not sure how Brendan Smith and Ryan Murphy are sitting atop defense scoring.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Holy crap.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Pretty sure Bruins basically are horrible except for Tuukka.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
East Updates (just gonna do stats this time, will do lines next time/on request although quite frankly EHM lines in the comps hands are really fluid so its best to look at TOI).

Pat Clements and his Metropolitan leading New York Islanders

stab's Atlantic leading assholes V1

My implausible Devils

Jamwad'sSpamtron's Bruins

A Typical Goon's Perron needed Datsyuk not Crosby

Ginette's American goalies have been really bad

JoelJoel's tiny little baby hockey men

ThinkTank's bro squad

Zod's Chris Phillips: 24:00 TOI

Vjeff's we miss you Jimmy Howard

Paulo's Jonathan Quicks

the talent deficit's we hate you Jimmy Howard

Starsfan's boys are ahead of the Nolan curve

Fits's cats will make a run if Bob plays a little better

eXXon is bringing conspiracy charges against his goalies

menthol's Flyers played to his regression prediction

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 25, 2015

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bobby Ryan, point per game player.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

losing turris and faulk for 3/4's of the season so far sucks, but i doubt it even matters because jimmy howard is awful

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Some team stats while I do the West:

you could say the Jets are due for a rebound and yeah EHM is even more low event than I thought.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 25, 2015

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Paulocaust posted:

pp up to 9.9% yay double digits soon. Why has Quick only played 13 games?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

:lol: at Bickell's statline.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

eXXon posted:

:lol: at Bickell's statline.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I'm getting outshot by over 7 a game! Impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

go jets go

• Locked thread