Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lego Stormtrooper
Jul 29, 2008

Toadvine posted:

This seems like a good thread for my ongoing issue:

how in the hell do other people get their shirts to stay tucked in? I'm talking nice pants, belt, nice shirt, worn properly, and I still have to retuck my shirt after I stand up or bend over. Its not a fat issue, I'm regularly slender. I don't want to tighten my belt to the point of discomfort either. I just don't want my shirt to billow out at the top of my pants a few minutes after tucking it in., is that so much to ask?

Are television and movie people seriously wearing poo poo like this:

to keep their profile svelte?

This. 1000% need an answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Nefarious posted:

poo poo on a plate and eat the turd with a knife and fork

OR! You could use chopsticks and not look like a complete jug-eared Deliverance trashbilly

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I pay a person to do my laundry and ironing. Just do that.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Toadvine posted:

how in the hell do other people get their shirts to stay tucked in? I'm talking nice pants, belt, nice shirt, worn properly, and I still have to retuck my shirt after I stand up or bend over. Its not a fat issue, I'm regularly slender. I don't want to tighten my belt to the point of discomfort either. I just don't want my shirt to billow out at the top of my pants a few minutes after tucking it in., is that so much to ask?

tuck your dress shirt into your panties and it won't rise up as much

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

They're called shirtstays and yeah I wear them when I need to look super nice.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
If you hate ironing so much, find button up shirts with the plastic liners in the cuffs, neck liner, and button up front. Or learn how to iron?

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
hes right. ironing is gay as hell.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
No Iron shirts are not BS but they are treated with a chemical that makes them wear faster, particularly at the elbows.

Brooks Brothers has gone down market so you have to specifically ask for their good shirts.

Also stop being a bitch and iron your shirts.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Applewhite posted:

maybe I need to get a shirtstays... but how embarrassing if you go home with a woman (because you're dressed so well and lookin really good) and she takes your pants off to find those things...

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
i dont iron my clothes and 400 dollar silk shirts on purpose, it pisses types like you off.

i dont have to iron, its not an amednment,

you look like a bum

good

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Toadvine posted:

maybe I need to get a shirtstays... but how embarrassing if you go home with a woman (because you're dressed so well and lookin really good) and she takes your pants off to find those things...

Just loving tuck your shirt into your underwear! It's not that hard and if your clothes actually fit you and you're not disgusting is the perfect solution no need for dork garters.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Applewhite posted:

Same, they do their job really well and you get used to wearing them really quickly. Lol if you don't wear them and either look like a slob or have to retuck your shirt whenever you stand up

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Toadvine posted:

I'm already wearing slim fit shirts, jerk.

Jesus, don't wear slim fit anything ever. It makes you look like an idiot child who outgrew their clothes but can't afford new clothes because their mom spent all the money on menthol cigarettes and scratch off lotto tickets.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

BigBoss posted:

Jesus, don't wear slim fit anything ever. It makes you look like an idiot child who outgrew their clothes but can't afford new clothes because their mom spent all the money on menthol cigarettes and scratch off lotto tickets.

Slim fit just means it isn't cut for a disgusting fat.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

BigBoss posted:

The alternative to "slim fit" shirts are ones that billow all around your form like boat sails in a typhoon. There's no way to make those look good.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

The alternative to "slim fit" shirts are ones that billow all around your form like boat sails in a typhoon. There's no way to make those look good.

lmao at your poorly fitted shirts

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Baracula posted:

lmao at your poorly fitted shirts

Oh wait I'm thinking of "tailored" fit. Yeah my mistake, slim fit makes you look like you have full-blown AIDS.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
My shirts aren't too billowy for my body, they literally just untuck as a result of sitting down/bending over and being pulled out of my waistband. I'll try looking for a pair of shirt stays and see what happens.

and lol for trying to get me to tuck my shirt into my underwear thats some ralph wiggum poo poo youre on.

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
hey op why don't you be not a lazy loving human being and iron your shirts

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

logical phalluses posted:

hey op why don't you be not a lazy loving human being and iron your shirts

I iron my shirts and it's BULLSHIT

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Poetic Justice posted:

I iron my shirts and it's BULLSHIT

then why didn't you want to iron your pants?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

then why didn't you want to iron your pants?

My pants don't really get wrinkled :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Op irl: http://youtu.be/1qN_z8K5zvg

• Locked thread