Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

TVs Ian posted:

By bringing down the banks, obviously.

If he brings down the banks then that girl won't have to wear that shirt anymore.

:quagmire:

Edit: Lame OP, shoulda smashed or at least say "Banks eh? What's up?"

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

David Copperfield posted:

you shoulda hit that a thousand ways to sunday

i'm at home now pussying out because all the cool people at the bar left

Don't be a li'l bitch. You are now the cool people at the bar. The night is yours

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I dunno what a dive bar is but this is a bar thread so I will share my bar thoughts. I go to exactly 3 barsa. The waiters greet me by my name because I tip well and I come often, because I have only three bars. If you something different you are maybe an idiot, I think.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
a dive bar is for middle class misery, despair, drinking, and good ol fun

there used to be a bar in vegas called 'dive!' but that was actually a submarine-themed restaurant. don't get tricked.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

KirbyKhan posted:

If he brings down the banks then that girl won't have to wear that shirt anymore.

:quagmire:

Edit: Lame OP, shoulda smashed or at least say "Banks eh? What's up?"

I should've told her i'm bansky

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

how me a frog posted:

I dunno what a dive bar is but this is a bar thread so I will share my bar thoughts. I go to exactly 3 barsa. The waiters greet me by my name because I tip well and I come often, because I have only three bars. If you something different you are maybe an idiot, I think.

Waiter? There is a fly in my soup

more like- eh bartender theres a cigarette butt in my beer can
so? you want another?
yeah

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

*gets a 6 pack of cans for the walk home

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I should have gone out to the bar tonight. All the doormen know me so I can just walk in without getting my id checked and the bartenders see me and have my drink ready

i've got to move

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
My local dive bars had loving no one in attendance. on a loving Saturday. gently caress that poo poo.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

you shoulda hit that a thousand ways to sunday

i'm at home now pussying out because all the cool people at the bar left

I loving wish but she said she had a boyfriend. Me and one of my friends went back a couple weeks later but she wasn't working that night, maybe we'll try next week.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
a man from a mining corporation hussled us at pool last week at the local. He then asked his mates what they were doing and they told him to "gently caress off you old oval office" and left. There was a moment of sadness in his eyes before he offered us cocaine

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Bartenders more drunk than anyone in the place and fucks up every other drink order.

Good times.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Town I live in has a block of nice bars/clubs/concerts etc called "4th street live". One block over there's s bar called "third street dive". Good bar.

Cirrhosis Johnson
Jan 9, 2014
Texas. G&S lounge.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

loving cowboy club. Trash crap for mouth breathing idiots. Don't know where the next bar is but if I ever hit that place I'll end up killing someone probably.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
me: I'll take a tom collins
bartender: i dunno what that is
me: uhh, ok, a white russian
bartender: I got no clue what that is either
me: .... bloody mary?
bartender: I can open up a bottle of beer and give out shots of jeager or whiskey
me: if i ask for the loving bottles and a glass, can i just make it myself :ughh:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
How can you have not heard of a White Russian or Bloody Mary and be a bartender? Are you sure that wasn't just a homeless man that got behind the counter?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
anyone who was actually at a dive bar tonight is already passed out. this is a terrible thread for people who were stupid enough to not go to dive bars.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
god I hate clubs

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
It's a well known tradition that if the liquor bottle runs out pouring my shot then I get to drink what's poured, then I get another shot. You should respect that tradition.
*eyes all the bottles and only orders shots from almost empty ones, regardless of what it is*

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

ghetto wormhole posted:

How can you have not heard of a White Russian or Bloody Mary and be a bartender? Are you sure that wasn't just a homeless man that got behind the counter?

this guy wasn't anything even close to a loving bartender, we left after one lovely drink that we had to teach the guy how to make from the other side of the counter, it was ridiculous. at least it was free for me and cheap as gently caress for the ones paying

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

how me a frog posted:

if you type different soemthing you are maybe not english speaking, i type

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
op is this silhouette in allston

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Tonight a local band played the state's best dive, they were pretty decent, came complete with regulars trying their best to ignore the loud racket 5 feet behind them. They only drew 8-10 people anyway so there was a whole 13 packed in there plus the band! Its a swamp block room with a beer tap and some pool tables. It's cash only and that keeps out the fancy fucks trying to lord their bank account having over you. They have the best jukebox on the planet and there's a liquor store next door in case you need to take something home.

Virtual google tours
https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...69e2567!6m1!1e1

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.407...!8i6656!6m1!1e1

It got overrun with hipsters for about two years there but they have since moved on and ruined the Yucca Tap Room (actually that place got way better but its always packed as gently caress now instead of dead empty)

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Aug 23, 2015

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Where on the spectrum does it fall when a bar has no taps for anything and just has a stack of 30 packs in a corner that they load into a fridge?

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

The bartenders letting us stay and drink afterhours

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
im drinking cafe rica and coffee because thats what you do in the morning

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Wulfolme posted:

Where on the spectrum does it fall when a bar has no taps for anything and just has a stack of 30 packs in a corner that they load into a fridge?

are they pouring soda out of cans?

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Wulfolme posted:

you might just be in some guy's basement

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

you might just be in some guy's basement

No, I work for a liquor warehouse and there's this one bar inside a motel that just has stacks of 30 packs off in a corner. There's also a bar where someone got shot the day before I made a delivery to it, but they have a walk-in cooler.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
bars without windows are the best bars. ironically, the converse is also good.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
inverse? whatevs. get off my jock, monster mash

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I'm the guy that died in the upstairs apartment over the neighborhood dive and didnt get found for a week

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

How much for a shot of rot gut whiskey and an 8 ounce beer chaser?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

At least when i leave here, its only 1 turn and no main streets then im home free, so yeah, gimme another shot

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
OP is at the silhouette

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

*stuck in town of <400 for seasonal work*
*Bartenders remember my drink of choice after only 2 visits* :feelsgood:

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
poo poo, another stool broke...go get the chairs from the parent's house Mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Dolla Dolla Wellz y'all.

• Locked thread