Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lolo De Puzlo posted:

Regarding the commentary when sped up, I thought the commentary that was sped up was more banter than anything important so I figured that not much would be missed. I also thought about putting music over the sped up parts, but I didn't know if that was considered annoying or not, so I might do that in later updates.

I don't think it's so much a matter of missing any important commentary as being weird to listen to someone talking in fast-forward for a decent amount of time. I'd vote for just replacing the sound in this sections with music, it's just less distracting.

In any case, I'm pretty intrigued by this. I'd never heard of the project, and it's nice to see some coding that is at least slightly intelligent in its implementation, rather than just making everything completely random and hoping that the dungeons are still solvable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

How does the recorder work in this version - is it updated to travel to the actual randomized dungeon location?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Finally, my dreams of an LP involving a deceptive, spooky mummy are nearing fruition.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oh cool, glad to see this is back. Even the abandoned run isn't a total loss, because it's driven home the point that fast-forwarded Wizzrobe Link is twice as adorable.

• Locked thread