Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

You are a nondescript lovely dude with a wall to your right. What do you want to be:

A) Some kind of Warhams 40k inquisitor dude
B) The second coming of Jesus
C) Just some dude
D) A man with the mysterious but useless ability of being able to talk to ducks

Or none of the above. There will not be good art. As with the previous game all of the effort will be well hidden in the background with me coding dumbshit pointless things to generate things. Or maybe I'll lose my mind again. Vote any way you like, or post about gay cucks who kill them famille and doin't need no man.

You will find this very satisfying. I am a genius at this kind of thing. Maybe.

Probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
D. Perhaps his ability is not so useless after all!

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
go left

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

If you go left without picking a theme you are at my mercy. I have no mercy, only dice. That's not to say you can't do that.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
we already decided on D, move it along.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Change name to Brungo Wumpus

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
You have unanimously decided you are Brungo Wumpus, the man with he uncanny but useless ability to talk to ducks.

You go left, which is where you live. You sit on your couch and ponder your existence. You have friends, but you wouldn't mind never seeing any individual one of them ever again. You have a girlfirend too, because let's live vicariously why not. The duck you share your appartment with approaches you. His name is Howard Anataedes.

"I want some bread." he says.

Do what you will.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
quack! quack quack!

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
wear the duck as a hat

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Hit Frenchman with duck

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Get the duck some bread. Maybe toast it for him, that would be nice

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I am not a hat, Howard Anataedes the duck informs you.

loving duck thinks it can read minds, you think.

You think you can talk to ducks, perhaps it is all in your head. Still get me some bread, like seriously, the duck says.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Feed duck some meat. Gotta toughen him up.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

KILL AND THEN SODOMIZE SELF

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

monkey posted:

wear the duck as a hat

What duck?

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
You give the duck a slice of toast, which you have toasted, and also a buffalo wing that you find wedged at the back of the glass, above the compartment where the vegetables are meant to go. You keep your beer in there. Someone once told you that is the worst place to keep it, but you don't really understand why. You head off to work. You are

A) A high powered laywer but you never went to law school just like in that show
B) and EMT
C) Flipping burgers
D) an expert assassin, but nobody knows about that

ro some other thing

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
gigolo

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
A and D

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

mdm posted:

gigolo

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

Unguided posted:

What duck?

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

how me a frog posted:

You give the duck a slice of toast, which you have toasted, and also a buffalo wing that you find wedged at the back of the glass, above the compartment where the vegetables are meant to go. You keep your beer in there. Someone once told you that is the worst place to keep it, but you don't really understand why. You head off to work. You are

A) A high powered laywer but you never went to law school just like in that show
B) and EMT
C) Flipping burgers
D) an expert assassin, but nobody knows about that

ro some other thing

this story's too complicated can't you just skip ahead to the end?

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Have an existential crisis about how nobody cares about your internet drawings

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
A.

The duck is D.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
You are Brungo Wumpusg, professional gigolo. You have nothing in this world, except a sizable cock, and the uncanny but useles and highly unbelievable ability to understand ducks. You have an easy time getting and staying hard, but you would often come too early, privately, a problem you fixed by doctor shopping until one would prescribe you antidepressants. You are not depressed of course, but now you can go for horus, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than cocaine.

You have two clients today.

Tracy at 16:00. He husband is a plumber, you think she said one time. She had a shrill annoying voice, she drove an SUV, and she had the typical "I want to speak to the manager" haircut. In terms of requests, she is easy. She likes it when you refer to her husband who is at workd. The only thing about her that is notable is that one time she said she could not pay you, so how about just the tip? Tracy is a generous tipper.

At 22:00 you have Sarah. She is a medical student from a a family of doctors, of course. She does not like it when you speak. If she could gently caress a robot, she probably would but you are the next best thing, at least for the time beintg. She pays the exact amount that is agreed upon, and won't even let you use her bathroom.

You wear a suit when you go to clients. A man wears a suit, people generally assume hje should be wherever he is going.

You are feeling generous. How will you make these ladie's day extra special?

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Whiskey Sours posted:

this story's too complicated can't you just skip ahead to the end?

Spoilers:

Your life sucks. Eventually you are dead. Stoff huppens between then and now.

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe
yesssssssssssss

i love yls so please do not go crazy again

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Correnth posted:

yesssssssssssss

i love yls so please do not go crazy again

do you by any chance have yls3.zip? I'd prefer to pick that one up again, it was the best by far, unless being a duckwhispering gigolo is more 2015, I dunno.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

how me a frog posted:

You are feeling generous. How will you make these ladie's day extra special?

For Tracy, we will bring flowers and chocolates - sometimes the classics are best. For Sarah, we will paint ourself in full body silver paint and introduce ourself as Pleasure Unit #054.

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Fun Shoe

how me a frog posted:

do you by any chance have yls3.zip? I'd prefer to pick that one up again, it was the best by far, unless being a duckwhispering gigolo is more 2015, I dunno.

i have nothing from the old yls threads unfortunately :( if anyone does and wants to post them that would be awesome though

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
You go to your first lay of the day. You knock. The door is opened. You are not greeted by a bored soccer mom. Instead there is only fire.

You wake up in a cold sweat in a cramped room. There are several people around you, many injured, all of them looking dejected.

"Oh yeah." You think. There are some things you remember. Your name is Eric. You were the heir to a dnasty once, but you hosed that up an got sent on your way with a purse of cash to make something of yourself, or fail to do so really, either way as long as you never returned. You had taken that cash and set up a mining operation on a frozen deathball of a moon somewhere in in the nomansland between the Karlian Kingdom and the G.U.N.. Initially you had planned to market something called sex rox, essentially stones with a hole you could put a string through to make a necklace but that went nowhere. You hired some people and mined, making a small but steady profit.

Then one day it had all gotten gummed up. One of the three bores you had ceased working, and when you sent people down to check what was going on it turned out it was all gunked up with some kind of stuff. They had tried numerous things on the stuff, amongst them setting it on fire. This was the thing they should likely not have done, as they evacuated the tunnels thereafter, and began rounding up the staff. Two they could not find until later, until after the explosion. Sandro and Laura their names had been, this you remembered vividly. They had snuck off to the warehouse to have some private time. Now they shared a grave in the ice. You signalled for help, but none came, even though you had only recenrtly helped out a neighbouring station with a private problem. Perhaps your communications were busted and your cries for help never reached them. One by one, you shoddy Genericolon modules were failing.

Today people have come to offer you a way out. Representatives of the Kralian Kingdom and G.U.N. showed up virtually at the same time. Cause a big enough explosion and someone will come looking, you suppose. Both parties make you an offer and leave, making it clear they expect an answer within 48 hours. The next day a robot name Donovian arrives with a crate of bananas and an offer of his own.

You've been drinking mostly since the incident, but a choice must be made, and it falls upon you to make it. Will you:

A) Side with the Karlian Kingdom. Your base will be rebuilt free of charge and you will receive adequate equipment to mine the stuff. You will receive a squad of Karlian Infantrymen to protect your, but in reality probably their, interests in these troubled times. Furthermore you will receive rations for your staff indefinitely. As long as you meet your quota, you may request Karlian freighters to take your other goods to stations they may safely access, but the volume of such shipments may never be in excess of 50% of your quota. This deal is permanent. If you take it, any staff you have that is strongly aligned with G.U.N., and while you can't really remember, there are some, will likely leave. Most notably, you have a squad of retired (due to being over the age of 30) G.U.N bumpers on your staff, experts on boarding and taking over vessels in flight. One of them is named Mike, you're pretty sure. He's the one with mosutache.

B) Side with G.U.N.. You will be granted a loan that will be instantly consumed to rebuild your base. The G.U.N. representatives assure you they are intimately familliar with the explosive stuff and the remodeling of the base will include specialized equipment to mine it. In return you will sell whatever you mine of the stuff to them, at 50% of the going rate. 40% of the going rate will not be paid out but instead go towards paying off your loan. In addition you will receive two small freighters capable of hauling 20 UMU at 2 MVS, to do with as you chose. These are a gift and will not weigh into your loan. Once your debt is paid off, you may continue to do business as you choose. You may back out of this deal at any time, provided you can pay off your debt. If you take this deal people on your staff strongly affiliated with the Karlian Kingdom may or may not leave. You can only think of two. You have a female sniper who dies her hair blue, to match her surroundings which is a little bit silly because going outside without a full suit is suicide, and a combat medic, who is the only person you have capable of any kind of medical treatment.

C) Side with Donovian, the robot. When everyone else came empty handed, he brought you a crate of bananas. Donovian thinks you should throw your lots together, he will provide manpower, and you will provide humans, humans who know what fruits and vegetables are supposed to taste like. He assures you it will all be alright but is vague on the details. You try a banana. It tastes like an apple. This is disconcerting.

D) Send them all packing. You've made some contacts, you don't need these people telling you what to do. Sure it looks grim right now, but you'll soon sort it out. It is always darkest before the sun rises. Sandro and Laura did not die for your station to become puppet to a greater power. You are confidend that you can handle this situation.

E) Let your staff decide. Perhaps the thing to do is to do the greatest good for the greatest number of people. Alternatively, when a hard choice has to be made, why not pawn it off on someone else? That way, whatever happens, it won't be your fault. You are just the kind leader who let the people lead themselves, and what's wrong with that?

Vote by posting the letter you like.

Format: Updates will be slow initially because I predict interest will be low. If I feel things are stalling I will work with however few votes there are.

Special Rule: If any player at any time can remember something that happened in YLS 3 that I can then remember, this then becomes canon and I will do my best to accomodate it, because the player character has amnesia and that is very novel.

Other things you remember:

There is a man called Jape on your workforce. He seems mentally disabled.
You had ships once. They are destroyed now.
There exists a pirate called Lord Fancington or something like that. He has a fabulous pink beard.

If none of the above options appeal to you put F) and then elaborate what you want to do.

A note for newcomers (as if), much of the outcomes in YLS are randomly generated by poorly thrown together software. You can be killed by a bad roll of the die. Such is life.

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Fun Shoe
Hell, I'll get the ball rolling.

We've recently suffered a brain injury, so I think (C) sounds like a natural response, though it would be nice to get the opinions of the crew first.

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

how me a frog posted:

You go to your first lay of the day. You knock. The door is opened. You are not greeted by a bored soccer mom. Instead there is only fire.

You wake up in a cold sweat in a cramped room. There are several people around you, many injured, all of them looking dejected.

"Oh yeah." You think. There are some things you remember. Your name is Eric. You were the heir to a dnasty once, but you hosed that up an got sent on your way with a purse of cash to make something of yourself, or fail to do so really, either way as long as you never returned. You had taken that cash and set up a mining operation on a frozen deathball of a moon somewhere in in the nomansland between the Karlian Kingdom and the G.U.N.. Initially you had planned to market something called sex rox, essentially stones with a hole you could put a string through to make a necklace but that went nowhere. You hired some people and mined, making a small but steady profit.

Then one day it had all gotten gummed up. One of the three bores you had ceased working, and when you sent people down to check what was going on it turned out it was all gunked up with some kind of stuff. They had tried numerous things on the stuff, amongst them setting it on fire. This was the thing they should likely not have done, as they evacuated the tunnels thereafter, and began rounding up the staff. Two they could not find until later, until after the explosion. Sandro and Laura their names had been, this you remembered vividly. They had snuck off to the warehouse to have some private time. Now they shared a grave in the ice. You signalled for help, but none came, even though you had only recenrtly helped out a neighbouring station with a private problem. Perhaps your communications were busted and your cries for help never reached them. One by one, you shoddy Genericolon modules were failing.

Today people have come to offer you a way out. Representatives of the Kralian Kingdom and G.U.N. showed up virtually at the same time. Cause a big enough explosion and someone will come looking, you suppose. Both parties make you an offer and leave, making it clear they expect an answer within 48 hours. The next day a robot name Donovian arrives with a crate of bananas and an offer of his own.

You've been drinking mostly since the incident, but a choice must be made, and it falls upon you to make it. Will you:

A) Side with the Karlian Kingdom. Your base will be rebuilt free of charge and you will receive adequate equipment to mine the stuff. You will receive a squad of Karlian Infantrymen to protect your, but in reality probably their, interests in these troubled times. Furthermore you will receive rations for your staff indefinitely. As long as you meet your quota, you may request Karlian freighters to take your other goods to stations they may safely access, but the volume of such shipments may never be in excess of 50% of your quota. This deal is permanent. If you take it, any staff you have that is strongly aligned with G.U.N., and while you can't really remember, there are some, will likely leave. Most notably, you have a squad of retired (due to being over the age of 30) G.U.N bumpers on your staff, experts on boarding and taking over vessels in flight. One of them is named Mike, you're pretty sure. He's the one with mosutache.

B) Side with G.U.N.. You will be granted a loan that will be instantly consumed to rebuild your base. The G.U.N. representatives assure you they are intimately familliar with the explosive stuff and the remodeling of the base will include specialized equipment to mine it. In return you will sell whatever you mine of the stuff to them, at 50% of the going rate. 40% of the going rate will not be paid out but instead go towards paying off your loan. In addition you will receive two small freighters capable of hauling 20 UMU at 2 MVS, to do with as you chose. These are a gift and will not weigh into your loan. Once your debt is paid off, you may continue to do business as you choose. You may back out of this deal at any time, provided you can pay off your debt. If you take this deal people on your staff strongly affiliated with the Karlian Kingdom may or may not leave. You can only think of two. You have a female sniper who dies her hair blue, to match her surroundings which is a little bit silly because going outside without a full suit is suicide, and a combat medic, who is the only person you have capable of any kind of medical treatment.

C) Side with Donovian, the robot. When everyone else came empty handed, he brought you a crate of bananas. Donovian thinks you should throw your lots together, he will provide manpower, and you will provide humans, humans who know what fruits and vegetables are supposed to taste like. He assures you it will all be alright but is vague on the details. You try a banana. It tastes like an apple. This is disconcerting.

D) Send them all packing. You've made some contacts, you don't need these people telling you what to do. Sure it looks grim right now, but you'll soon sort it out. It is always darkest before the sun rises. Sandro and Laura did not die for your station to become puppet to a greater power. You are confidend that you can handle this situation.

E) Let your staff decide. Perhaps the thing to do is to do the greatest good for the greatest number of people. Alternatively, when a hard choice has to be made, why not pawn it off on someone else? That way, whatever happens, it won't be your fault. You are just the kind leader who let the people lead themselves, and what's wrong with that?

Vote by posting the letter you like.

Format: Updates will be slow initially because I predict interest will be low. If I feel things are stalling I will work with however few votes there are.

Special Rule: If any player at any time can remember something that happened in YLS 3 that I can then remember, this then becomes canon and I will do my best to accomodate it, because the player character has amnesia and that is very novel.

Other things you remember:

There is a man called Jape on your workforce. He seems mentally disabled.
You had ships once. They are destroyed now.
There exists a pirate called Lord Fancington or something like that. He has a fabulous pink beard.

If none of the above options appeal to you put F) and then elaborate what you want to do.

A note for newcomers (as if), much of the outcomes in YLS are randomly generated by poorly thrown together software. You can be killed by a bad roll of the die. Such is life.

interesting points, was a pleasure to read with. a little controversial though i think

P.S im gay

a tea tree
Dec 20, 2006

Kirby began to wonder if he shouldn't have just eaten the Nemesis, instead.
C, because robots are definitely the way of the future and it would be stupid to pretend otherwise.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
suck your own dick

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
woops sorry. i meant suck you are own dick

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Can I get one of those oldschool robofucker avatars to let people know I've been doing cyoas since before they were cool?

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Speleothing posted:

Can I get one of those oldschool robofucker avatars to let people know I've been doing cyoas since before they were cool?

You have to actually gently caress a robot first.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I have counted the vote.

You inform the Karlians that blowing up your base is simply a minor setback, and that you intend to go it alone, but you are very grateful for their offer. They are impressed with your moxy and inquire if you have any Karlian blood in you. You say you're not sure on account of you haven't had breakfast yet.

The G.U.N. people are less enthused, and inform you that if your recklessness leads to the deaths your employees you will be procecuted to the full extent of the law. Joke's on them, they don't even know that you already killed two of your employees.

Donovian is thrilled when you tell him that you share his passion for fruit and look forward to working closesly with him.

With that taken care of you head to the CCC to take stock of your situation.

It is... not good.

You have a look through your records in an attempt to figure out who your staff is. Much to your chagrin you find that you have not generally been using people's real names, having apparently elected to file most everything under nicknames.

Your Staff:

Military

Mike - Bump operator GUN
Beard - Bump operator GUN
No Beard - Bump operator GUN
Shooter - Infantryman KK
Scar - Infantryman KK
Theo - Demolitions KK
Medic - Pioneer Combat Medic KK
Frosty - Scout Sniper KK

They are all well equipped. Why you spent so much money on military stuff you don't really recall, perhaps it seemed wicked cool at the time.

Professional

Asam - Pilot
Smuggler - Pilot
Gears - Machine operator
Ratchet - Machine operator
Mole - Miner
Doug - Miner
Hungry man - Miner
Jokes - Miner
Bangit - Miner
Grumpy - Miner
Fisticuffs - Miner

Drones
Jape
Tony
Redhead
Oldie
Glasses
Chef
Baseball
Neat freak

You scour the logs for anything that might be useful.

Immediate concerns:

While you are getting data from the entire station, there are numerous blast doors and rooms you cannot control remotely in the southern part. The comms seem fine, so your neighbours did in fact hear you when you called for help, they just ignored you, the ungrateful bastards.

Your generator is one of those genericolon universal all in one solutions, meaning it also scrubs and reoxigenates your air. The scrubbers seem to be working well, but O2 levels are falling ever so slowly. According to the computer you will all suffocate in 23 days. Power output is also not great, holding steady at 43%. Finally the heating in the generator room appears to be busted. You wonder if generators need heat.

Your staff might not be happy to learn you have sent both the GUN and the KK packing, essentially dooming them to slowly suffocate, unless perhaps you all freeze to death before that.

Assets:

You have no spare parts that you could use to repair something, but perhaps there is something that can be cannibalized. Your machine operators have significant mechanical skills, and Theo appears to have a background in electrical engineering. You have two suits that would allow anyone to operate at extreme cold and without an external air supply for six hours at a time. You have three more suits that technically should allow the wearer to operate outside of a breathable atmosphere for 3 hours, but these do not have active heating. It seems unwise to send someone outside in them. Your military guys all have suits that allow them to operate outside aswell.

Bump Squad: 1 hour
Shooter, Scar, Theo: 12 hours
Medic: 16 hours
Frosty: Theoretically 168 hours, but you're not sure how many nights she could actually last in the extreme cold

Requests:

Mike advises that all military personell be combat ready at all times, reasoning that you recently repelled an attack on your neighbour station, and whoever was behind that is likely still out there. He also wants you to buy a small fighter ship, as your defense turret is gone. You point out that even if you had the financial means to make such a purchase, you would not have anyone to fly it. Mike says he suspects Smuggler would find herself miraculously able to fly a combat vessel.

Asam and Smuggler want to go to the dock to figure out how damaged your ships are.

The miners are demanding you give them the two good suits so they can go down into the mines to check if there is anything still burning down there, fearing there might be a secondary explosion.

Some of your drones are concerned about Jape. He has been asking where Sandro and Laura are, and they haven't the heart to tell him. They suggest Medic should have a talk with him.

The machine operators want everyone who has a suit working on fixing the base. You can worry about everything else later they say.

You gather your staff and say upon them:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
Duckhat

• Locked thread