Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
"I'm an rear end in a top hat that's just who I am, if you can't deal with it too bad"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Gestalt Intellect posted:

caitlin BRUCE Jenner is a man and let me tell you why, because as a cis person, I

Oh come now. No one who says this would refer to themselves as a 'cis person'.

Content:

Any variation of that terrible "if you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" quote attributed to Marilyn Monroe. It has become mental shorthand for "I am insufferable."

Fake edit: I actually typed Marilyn Manson the first time up there. That's WAY funnier to me for some reason. :v:

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

internet of things

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

"So what are you here for?"

"As it was said in the Bible" is a close second. I resent being asked about my purposes unless it involves security clearance.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
"Why can't the protestors just get a job?!/what do they even have to be angry about?!'

'I'm not driving there, it's in the city!!! *scarechord*'

'I don't believe in *insert mental disorder here*'

'I'm a doctor of chiropractic medicine!/you really need your spine realigned!'

I loving despise my family.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I don't like rap music

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

HaB posted:

Any variation of that terrible "if you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" quote attributed to Marilyn Monroe. It has become mental shorthand for "I am insufferable."

They're never at their loving best, anyway. They're always bitching about all the drama in their lives and stirring up poo poo passively-aggressively on social media

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Any conversation that starts with the words Caitlyn and/or Bruce Jenner, really.

I hope Caitlyn does well in her new role, and that she improves things as a whole for Transpeople. Other then that I don't really give a poo poo about Caitlyn because her decisions aren't my decisions and her beeswax isn't my beeswax.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

They're never at their loving best, anyway. They're always bitching about all the drama in their lives and stirring up poo poo passively-aggressively on social media

Yes, plus even when they ARE at their best - they aint Marilyn Monroe.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
"Oh, I just got done with my third late-term abortion. How are YOU today?"

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I don't like rap music

On this line, "I like everything but rap and country."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just looked up Roko's Basilisk and boy is that loving stupid.

quote:

Anything involving Myers-Briggs, holy loving poo poo fit.

Surprise everyone's INTI or whatever, who cares.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Klaus88 posted:

I hope Caitlyn does well in her new role, and that she improves things as a whole for Transpeople. Other then that I don't really give a poo poo about Caitlyn because her decisions aren't my decisions and her beeswax isn't my beeswax.

After her announcement that she was trans*, people immediately started judging her on her physical appearance. Strange irony.

Content: "Hey, man, I'm just asking questions here!"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
So my new vape arrived yesterday

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Klaus88 posted:

But...don't you want to know my opinion about how she isn't brave? Because let me tell you about what's REALLY brave, it's

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

ARE

Etc.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

"Hitler was right"

(aka every single conversation with my Dad, ever).

This is from the first page, but what? Assuming it's not a joke, you might have the makings for an ask/tell thread!

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
From the same friend;

"Women shouldn't be allowed to vote"

and

"The jews control hollywood"

I did not ask about women's votes nor about who controls hollywood

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
All diseases are caused by not praying enough, modern so-called medicine makes people think they are sick, when all then need is Jesus. - My ex mother-in-law

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
"I'm vegan"

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

"Planned Parenthood is bad because..."

"You like animals, right? I just donated to PeTA!"

"As an Atheist I believe..."

or

"This country was founded on Christian ideals..."

Scathach has a new favorite as of 01:02 on Aug 25, 2015

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

"Im a big fan of Doctor Who"

"But I'm not one of THOSE fans."

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
To the question "what is your profession?": "I am an engineer" (field doesnt matter)

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

CobiWann posted:

"But I'm not one of THOSE fans."

*spends the next hour telling you how great the show is, ignoring your increasingly obvious social cues to shut the gently caress up until you finally walk away*

david duchovny
Dec 25, 2009
Bad thoughts cause cancer.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

"I'm not a Nazi, I just like Erwin Rommel"

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

goose fleet posted:

"I'm not a Nazi, I just like Erwin Rommel"

Holy poo poo this, especially since Rommel was a card-carrying member of the Nazi Party.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

"Yeah, the holocaust was bad, but have you heard about the bombing of Dresden?"

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

So my new vape arrived yesterday

It's not smoke, it's vapor.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Israel is my ancestral home.

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

'"All lives matter"

"well maybe if you listen to the cop respectfully, you won't get shot"

"He was no angel"

Fortunately, i've never bumped into an out MRA

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
"my celebrity crush is Benedict Cumberbatch"

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

"I'm genderfuck"

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

"Im a big fan of Doctor Who"

Pulling out Doctor Who in conversation is like someone drawing a gun in a movie. Unless someone else can match it, everyone's in trouble. If someone does, then we can only hope things turn out well.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

"We're actually called 'trekkers', not 'trekkies'."

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

"You're vegan? Watch me eat twice as much meat to make up for it!!"

I'm not, but my friends get this a lot. I just can't comprehend how people can get so mad about other people not liking the same food as them?
(I can only imagine it's getting offended by other people's beliefs, they're probably the same kind of people who'd find out someone's christian and burn a bible in front of them)

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Cleretic posted:

Pulling out Doctor Who in conversation is like someone drawing a gun in a movie. Unless someone else can match it, everyone's in trouble. If someone does, then we can only hope things turn out well.

Good lord, I love this post.

Content: "No, you don't get it! Let me tell you why [children's TV show] is more deep and meaningful than 99% of adult media out there!"

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

"You can't expect me to worry about all those other peoples' problems." In response to advocating anything less horribly exploitative than pure laissez faire capitalism.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Das Boo posted:

"No, you don't get it! Let me tell you why [children's TV show] is more deep and meaningful than 99% of adult media out there!"

Oh god, extra points if he or she slams anime for being dumb kids' poo poo and in the same breath tries to get me to watch the superior Steven Universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Laverna posted:

"You're vegan? Watch me eat twice as much meat to make up for it!!"

I'm not, but my friends get this a lot. I just can't comprehend how people can get so mad about other people not liking the same food as them?
(I can only imagine it's getting offended by other people's beliefs, they're probably the same kind of people who'd find out someone's christian and burn a bible in front of them)

It's more that they think that you think that you're better than them for being vegan, and they resent you for that even though you probably don't think that.

• Locked thread