Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
:synpa:

Pepsi is better than coke. Both are terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Pepsi Max (US version) is pretty good. It also has more caffeine than regular Pepsi so it's got that going for it too. I just wish more fountains and restaurants had it.

Nigel Farage
Jun 20, 2015

by Ralp

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Jose Oquendo posted:

Pepsi Max (US version) is pretty good. It also has more caffeine than regular Pepsi so it's got that going for it too. I just wish more fountains and restaurants had it.

I heard something before that you Americans have to get real coca cola from Mexico, is that true?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

no, our taste buds are too mutilated for us to care about that kind of bullshit. the fact that diet sodas exist and are popular is all the evidence you need to realize our tongues are basically necrotic flesh flaps with no sensation. the only people who get their soda from mexico are mexicans.

Nigel Farage
Jun 20, 2015

by Ralp

Mr. Pumroy posted:

no, our taste buds are too mutilated for us to care about that kind of bullshit. the fact that diet sodas exist and are popular is all the evidence you need to realize our tongues are basically necrotic flesh flaps with no sensation. the only people who get their soda from mexico are mexicans.

Its just what I heard, dont shoot the messenger.

Then again your a trigger happy yank.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ghetto wormhole posted:

Pepsi is poo poo, literally any other cola is better.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nigel Farage posted:

I heard something before that you Americans have to get real coca cola from Mexico, is that true?

coca cola sold in the us is sweetened with corn syrup, so people like to get the glass bottles from mexico when they can because it has real cane sugar in it

Nigel Farage
Jun 20, 2015

by Ralp

Moridin920 posted:

coca cola sold in the us is sweetened with corn syrup, so people like to get the glass bottles from mexico when they can because it has real cane sugar in it

If its gmo corn then I dont blame you for it.

gently caress now I need to know what they sweeten coke with here in the UK, anybody know?

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

About twice a year I buy a 12 pack of coke and the first one is always nice but by like coke #5 I don't even notice the taste anymore, it just tastes 'normal', and I may as well just be drinking water.

The human body is too good at getting used to nice things. It's a great tragedy of life. :shrug:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Nigel Farage posted:

gently caress now I need to know what they sweeten coke with here in the UK, anybody know?

They say "sugar" but I don't know what the definition of sugar is in the UK.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
i had a pepsi in england once and it tasted like garbage because they used sugar and not delicious corn

Nigel Farage
Jun 20, 2015

by Ralp

computer parts posted:

They say "sugar" but I don't know what the definition of sugar is in the UK.

You know what, legally I dont either which is quite scary.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Nigel Farage posted:

we did used to have cane sugar soda, then it switched to high fructose corn syrup, and in recent years enough people complained that they sell 'retro mtn dew' for an increased cost,

which of course just to spit in the face of the consumer is made from beet sugar instead of the cane sugar everyone was being nostalgic about to complain about in the first place

Rhizoids
Jul 4, 2009

by Ralp
tbh, i always liked the pepsi better than the coke.

it is sweeter. coke has a nasty bite. its too mainstream, i like my sodas bbw

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Some people go crazy as they age, OP. Ask your doctor about other signs of dementia.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
:respek:, OP

extra stout posted:

we did used to have cane sugar soda, then it switched to high fructose corn syrup, and in recent years enough people complained that they sell 'retro mtn dew' for an increased cost,

which of course just to spit in the face of the consumer is made from beet sugar instead of the cane sugar everyone was being nostalgic about to complain about in the first place

pepsi throwback is extremely my jam I pick it up on sale

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Aug 23, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao if you don't prefer pepsi over coke

loving degenerates

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
Good for you OP!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lowtechs posted:

Good for you OP!

don't judge how i destroy my body

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Lowtechs posted:

Good for you OP!

When you mainline soda like that dude in TCC it kills you a whole lot quicker.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Lowtechs posted:

Good for you OP!

Ugh, typical libtard. Fly away troll :rolleyes:

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
please don't describe the normal digestion process in scientific detail. it frightens my retarded brain

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

extra stout posted:

It's not for an increased cost though? I mean it doesn't tend to come in the more "cost effective" bottle sizes but I still wouldn't count that as increased cost because the 12pack costs the same as any other 12pack

I can't speak for nostalgia because I don't think I ever had the original natural sugars mountain dew but I prefer throwback even if they're using beet sugar

Stupid Post Maker
Jan 8, 2008
its called pop

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Also from my understanding coke or Pepsi is likely to depend on if you drink it regularly, Pepsi will generally win a taste test but people get sick of it faster, which was why when they made New Coke to be more like Pepsi it faile hard

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
when you say the brands my toes curl up and my rear end in a top hat clenches.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Nigel Farage posted:

there's a hfcs import quota in the eu, most of our sugar is beet

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Coke murdered some people in central america to both crush labor organization and secure water deals at the expense of the poor. So this might push you one way or the other depending on your politics.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Agag posted:

Coke murdered some people in central america to both crush labor organization and secure water deals at the expense of the poor. So this might push you one way or the other depending on your politics.

Not just a Coke thing.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Nigel Farage posted:

Kosher coke uses sugar, too. It's available around Passover in areas that have a sizable Jewish population.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
pepsi max is ok, i'll have it occasionally, but i prefer dr pepper, vanilla coke and sarsaparilla over any other soft drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Oh well back to chugging piss for me.

• Locked thread