Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Tran posted:

Now or later, either way send Vigilante to keep an eye on him when he goes.

She's best suited to staying close enough to help without getting into trouble herself.

That's smart.

ElrondHubbard posted:

E. Get more details.

Why the deviation from the plan? What's their gameplan (# of people, what they plan to do, how they plan to do it)?

These guys might know something we don't, so let's reserve judgment.

This is also smart!

E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Voting is still open. Need to break the tie at the very least. :)

A
B
C
D xx
E xx

(taking a page out of LowelDND's vote counting book)

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

ElrondHubbard posted:

E. Get more details.

Why the deviation from the plan? What's their gameplan (# of people, what they plan to do, how they plan to do it)?

These guys might know something we don't, so let's reserve judgment.

Voting for this then.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Tran posted:

Voting for this then.

Yeah, E. Let's get more details.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Changing the deal doesn’t sit right with you, at least, not without more information first. You narrow your eyes and say, “Our offer was clear - you get to work with our guy after tonight. Why does Big Mike want to change it? You know something we don’t?” You don’t know who Big Mike is, but you assume he’s the guy calling the shots.

There’s a bit of sullen silence on the other end. ”Nah, man. We just -” You can hear some muffled words in the background, and the speaker pauses. You purse your lips and catch Squib’s eye across the table as you wait. He grins and gives you a thumbs up, his plaid shirt parting just enough for you to catch a glimpse of the yellow/pink cartoon pegasus on his t-shirt.

”This is Big Mike,” says another, deeper voice. ”Word on the street is the Locos are bringing the heat. We need your guy, tonight. We...can put him to good use, if what you say about his mutation is true.”

You get the feeling the Bones aren’t nearly as well equipped as the Locos, but they can’t just come out and say it straight up. “I’m no liar,” you reply. “What makes you think you can use him more effectively than we can?”

Squib leans forward a bit, trying to hear the conversation on the other side. Big Mike clears his throat. ”You’re not the only one who has people with abilities. My guy can walk through walls. We put them together, I figure they’re untouchable and can go anywhere.”

1. Barrio Boneyard has a mutant too? What’s your reply?
A. Sounds great! We’ll drop him off.
B A, but make sure Vigilante stays with Squib, out of sight.
C A, but have Vigilante go as well, and stay with them. Untouchable teleporting grenade launching trio for the win!
D. Let’s all meet up first and roll on Banyon Street together.
E. Stick to the original deal. When the Bones get there they are the distraction so the Brotherhood can catch the Locos in the middle and crush them (metaphorically, of course). You’re still going to back them up, they shouldn’t need Squib ahead of time.
F. Something else. Write in.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
C

BUT! We're changing the plan to suit them. They owe us. Now we're out firepower.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Wentley posted:

C

BUT! We're changing the plan to suit them. They owe us. Now we're out firepower.

Probably safest, yes.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
C. But vigilante is calling he shots and tel her stay off the drugs (nicely, just a reminder in case she was planning on something). Tell wildfire we're holding her in reserve for this one.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

You've had the time to drive through the neighborhood yourself, and this is what it looks like. This is not to scale, it is a rough approximation (I made Banyon street larger so I have room to put markers for people on it). Green circles are trees - all trees in the front of the houses are palm trees.

could have waited to show it off, didn't want to

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

C

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

hollylolly posted:

could have waited to show it off, didn't want to

It's a very nice map. We're all very, very proud of you.

I hope we get to blow poo poo up all over your fancy map.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Outrail posted:

It's a very nice map. We're all very, very proud of you.

I hope we get to blow poo poo up all over your fancy map.

:D

....:eek: but, but, my beautiful map! You're going to destroy it! Except for the shelter of course. Maybe.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Wentley posted:

C

This is a good approach.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Due to our small numbers I feel confident with moving ahead with C.

You think quickly, weighing possibilities, and come to a decision. “Okay, I’ll have him go to Lemon and El Camino. He’s not coming alone, though, one of our other members is going to accompany him. She’s a teleporter.”

“All right!” fist pumps Squib at the same time as Big Mike saying, ”I can see we’re on the same wavelength here.”

“And one more thing,” you continue, before he can hang up. “We’re changing our plan for you. I’m going to be down firepower because of this. The Barrio Boneyard owes me one.”

The chuckle on the other end of the line is rich and deep. ”You got it, Zombie. You call this number if you need us.” He hangs up, and you pull your phone from your ear to get in touch with Vigilante.

Intercept’s text message from earlier sits there, with an new addition.
watch it asap
video - vigilante last night [attached link]

Your finger hovers in a moment of indecision, while Squib jokes with Eel about how Vigilante is going to have to be touching him to teleport. “Everyone get your comms in,” you say. The comms are Intercept’s design, ear pieces that will allow your team to communicate easily and on a shared channel. Time is running out. You need to get moving into position, and get Vigilante on her motorcycle* and over here to pick up Squib or else the Barrio Boneyard could back out.

You…
A. Make the call. Get Vigilante moving to pick up Squib. Watch the video later, after things have settled down.
B. Watch the video.
C. Make the call, and then watch the video.
D. Something else. Write in.

*She rides a motorcycle because of the short distance of her ‘ports, combined with the fact that if she strings too many together in a row she becomes fatigued

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
B: Intercept says it's important. Taking a few seconds to skim the video before we call Vigilante won't hurt anything.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
B Video.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
B Don't ignore our intel guy.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
"ASAP" isn't "immediately", and I at least don't much care how crazy/evil she was, at least not right now. A.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

B

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
B.

Could be important - maybe there's some side effects to that stuff she was on that even she's not aware of.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

B

Intercept seems like a guy who knows what he's doing. Let's see what this video is all about.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Likely she did some poo poo last night.

B

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

The B's have it!

You decide to watch the video first. If Intercept thinks this is important then you’d rather know now than after you’ve sent her off with Squib to meet your tentative new allies. You excuse yourself to the bathroom for a bit of privacy, just in case, as your companions get ready for the evening’s events.

It’s a grainy video, from a security camera late at night. Rather than strung out on a new drug (or ‘porting about, testing it), Vigilante appears to be talking to someone just off camera in a nondescript neighborhood. They only talk for a minute or two, but Intercept seems to have cut out the beginning of the meeting, or whatever this is, and given you just the end of it. Vigilante is mostly nodding, but she gets a little agitated toward the end. The second person steps into frame for a moment to take her by the shoulders - their image is blurry but they appear to be male, and wearing a military style cap.

After giving her a shake, the man steps back, and Vigilante ‘ports out of the video. The footage continues, and you see a black SUV with no plates drive through the shot. The video has a timestamp - 1:13 am.

What are you going to do?
A. You freak the gently caress out.
B. Be calm. Continue with your plans for tonight, and figure out what to do about this later.
C. Write in!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

B. We don't need to fight Slenderman right now.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Super interesting. Might also be related to the drug. Fascinating.\

C. Tell Intercept to see if he can find out more. Warn him, it's probably black ops. Keep the plan as it is, but now we know that either Vigilante is compromised, a plant, or being blackmailed.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Too tired to think up a proper way to put it, but I kinda want to go ahead with our business, yet contact Vigilante in private and let her know that she can always talk with us about anything that comes up - letting her know we know about her meeting is optional, but I'm leaning towards yes.

Ultimately the Brotherhood is a small-scale, secretive organization. If we don't trust each other, what do we have before we collapse into mutual paranoia? It's best if she's willing to talk about it, but we ought to let her know we're still willing to trust her even if she's not willing to talk about what happened.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

C: These two put together

Tomn posted:

Too tired to think up a proper way to put it, but I kinda want to go ahead with our business, yet contact Vigilante in private and let her know that she can always talk with us about anything that comes up - letting her know we know about her meeting is optional, but I'm leaning towards yes.

Ultimately the Brotherhood is a small-scale, secretive organization. If we don't trust each other, what do we have before we collapse into mutual paranoia? It's best if she's willing to talk about it, but we ought to let her know we're still willing to trust her even if she's not willing to talk about what happened.

Wentley posted:

Super interesting. Might also be related to the drug. Fascinating.\

C. Tell Intercept to see if he can find out more. Warn him, it's probably black ops. Keep the plan as it is, but now we know that either Vigilante is compromised, a plant, or being blackmailed.

We're friendly and paranoid.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

ElrondHubbard posted:

Works for me.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

ElrondHubbard posted:

Sounds good

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

ElrondHubbard posted:

That's a fancy way of saying clever

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

A
B x
C xxxxx (being a combination of plan Tomn and plan Wentley)

I don't know if I'm going to be able to update today but I'm going to try.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Your voice echoes a bit in the empty restroom as you call Intercept. “I watched the video. I need you to find out more about this. If she’s being blackmailed, or is compromised somehow, we need to know how. Until then, business as usual.”

”Sure thing, boss.”

“We’re going to comms,” you say, walking out of the bathroom, and hanging up. Squib is already outside the restaurant with Wildfire, Billy is nowhere to be seen, and Eel is settling up the bill. You call Vigilante. “I need you to come here and pick up Squib.”

”Okay,” she says. ”Not a lot going on here, except some arguing over who’s supposed to be doing the dishes. They don’t seem to know what’s coming.”

If anything was coming. You briefly wonder how bad it will make you look if the Locos just decide not to do anything at all today, but give your head a little shake and move on. “Great. Get over here, get Squib, and take him to Lemon and El Camino ASAP. You’re meeting Big Mike and the Barrio Boneyard, and you two are going to work with them. I want you,” you manage not to pause, even if you’re not sure you can totally trust her, “to keep an eye on Squib and keep him out of trouble. They’ve got their own mutant, and say he can walk through walls and poo poo.”

”Okay. Cool.”

“One more thing. You can always come to me with anything that might come up. Not necessarily about today, just in general. I’m ...trying to be more accessible when it comes to that. Don’t feel you have to keep your mouth shut about anything that might be bothering you.”

There’s a pause, and then she says, ”Like if Squib tries to grab my boob when I’m ‘porting him?” Vigilante laughs. ”Sure thing, Zombie. Tell the little guy I’m on my way.”

“We’re going to comms,” you add. “Be smart tonight.”

Fixing your earpiece in place, you join the rest of your team. In ten minutes you’re all standing on Banyon Street, far enough west that you aren’t obvious to the shelter. The sun has gone down, leaving a last splash of red streaking across the sky as the street lights begin to flick on. You zip up your leather jacket - thin enough not to impede your movement, but sturdy enough to give you an extra layer of protection. Wildfire keeps snapping her fingers, creating a tiny flame above her index finger every time. Billy’s curling rams horns shine briefly in one of the last gasps of sunlight as he shakes his head and stamps his feet. Eel just stands still, arms folded, waiting for you to talk.

You can decide where to place your people. You have Wildfire, Billy, and Eel, as well as yourself. You expect the Boneyard to come down Lemon from the north, whenever it is they’re arriving, and the Locos to come from the south east (but they could also come from the southwest).

A. Zombie, Wildfire, and Billy should be near the middle of the south alley (but not in it), ready to ambush anyone who goes in it from either direction. Eel should hang out somewhere near the shelter, but hidden.
B. We should be behind the palm trees on the south side of Banyon. That will keep us the most hidden from anyone heading North up Lemon or Orange, and give us a bit of cover from being spotted early by the Shelter. Billy and Wildfire at the ends, as our more offensive people, with us and Eel between them.

Writing in new ideas is still open

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 6, 2015

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
I'm thinking we should be behind the palm trees on the south side of Banyon. That will keep us the most hidden from anyone heading North up Lemon or Orange, and give us a bit of cover from being spotted early by the Shelter. Billy and Wildfire at the ends, as our more offensive people, with us and Eel between them.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Zombie, Wildfire, and Billy should be near the middle of the south alley (but not in it), ready to ambush anyone who goes in it from either direction

We want Wildfire as far away from the shelter as possible and hopefully some of the Locos will decide to go down the alley, right into her literal lane of fire.

The plan is to either let them march into it and ambush them or let them march past and attack from behind.

Eel should hang out somewhere near the shelter, but hidden

That's in case a situation crops up and we need him to handle it (one of the kids tries to charge the Locos, some Locos attack from the North, etc...)

He should stay hidden though, since we don't want to draw attention to the shelter, nor do we want the people in the shelter thinking we're turning their little slice of heaven into a warzone.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: additionally, please feel free to link to any music you think will set the appropriate tone for this event!

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Given goons, I am tempted to suggest Benny Hill.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Probably this scene: https://youtu.be/u6-NHK-GzwU?t=25s

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Tomn posted:

Given goons, I am tempted to suggest Benny Hill.

Key this up on side B, for when it goes hilariously wrong.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

ElrondHubbard posted:

Zombie, Wildfire, and Billy should be near the middle of the south alley (but not in it), ready to ambush anyone who goes in it from either direction

We want Wildfire as far away from the shelter as possible and hopefully some of the Locos will decide to go down the alley, right into her literal lane of fire.

The plan is to either let them march into it and ambush them or let them march past and attack from behind.

Eel should hang out somewhere near the shelter, but hidden

That's in case a situation crops up and we need him to handle it (one of the kids tries to charge the Locos, some Locos attack from the North, etc...)

He should stay hidden though, since we don't want to draw attention to the shelter, nor do we want the people in the shelter thinking we're turning their little slice of heaven into a warzone.
Now option A

Ghostwoods posted:

I'm thinking we should be behind the palm trees on the south side of Banyon. That will keep us the most hidden from anyone heading North up Lemon or Orange, and give us a bit of cover from being spotted early by the Shelter. Billy and Wildfire at the ends, as our more offensive people, with us and Eel between them.

Now option B

Hopefully it doesn't go too much like this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCVQdPjll74

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

*music*

Before you can tell everyone to group behind the palm trees, and while the thought of splitting up into the alleys behind the houses is still forming in your brain, you run out of time. The screen door of the shelter bangs open, and Anna Fernandez appears on the porch. You hear brakes squealing, and a car skids around the corner of Lemon and Banyon, the driver gunning the engine toward the house.

“Stop that car!” you shout, shoving Wildfire with a hand in her back, but she doesn’t need encouraging as she sprints down the sidewalk toward the car. You feel your heart racing, and the solid feeling that you get when your body goes into overdrive and you feel like you could run through a brick wall.

Anna is kneeling in front of her house, in front of the porch, and right in the line of fire as guns sprout from the windows of the incoming car. You feel detached from the situation as ice blooms around her, a wall forming in front of her and growing taller and wider by the moment, frost racing across the grass as she disappears from view. A panel van with it’s headlights off comes up Lemon on the heels of the sedan, and crosses Banyon to screech to a halt on the corner.

Wildfire is nearing the car on your side of the street, and fire blossoms from her hands, billowing across the asphalt and roasting the nearest corner of the Locos’ car. You can see a silvery figure in the shelter’s driveway, moving toward the sidewalk as your heart beats a staccato rhythm.

This escalated quickly! What do you do?
A. Focus on the car with the shooters on it, keep Wildfire from burning them alive or getting herself shot. You meant to keep her on a short leash and sort of...forgot in the heat of the moment.
B. Between Anna’s growing wall of ice and Wildfire’s effective use of fire the drive-by is pretty much DOA. I focus on the van and the gang members I can see beginning to spill out of it.
C. Make sure Billy has his shotgun and send him around the back of the shelter to keep anyone from using the alley as a way in.
D. Tell Vigilante and Squib over the comms to get their asses over here. And the Bones, too.
E. Make your way into the shelter. The best way to protect the kids is to be inside.
F. Something else. Write in.

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 7, 2015

• Locked thread