Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
B.

EDIT: Update on previous page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

B

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
B & Yell for Billy to watch the alley over comms.: While reigning in Wildfire would be good, we've gotta' focus on that van. We're unkillable as long as the adrenaline flows, which I can bet it's pumping right now. Our biggest role in this is to draw attention off Wildfire and the shelter.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
B. Recklessly put ourselves in harm's way as a distraction/cover for our other more dangerous/useful members. Remember that in a combat situation we're essentially an unspecial mook that can take a few more hits. They're attacking children so don't worry about PR and light em up. If we get a spare second have Intercept to get started on the social media saturation using words like 'Child killers, self sacrifice, cowards, heartless would be murderers'

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

B + Intercept is our spin team

https://youtu.be/ThWGN0igAsk?t=16m26s

Edit: Also C + D, if possible

ElrondHubbard fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 8, 2015

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

When the going gets tough, the tough get going

“Eel, with me - Billy, go ‘round back, alley!” You’re sprinting down the street, words coming in short bursts as you pick up speed.

”We’re incoming!” Vigilante says over the comm. You can see more guys pouring out of the van, about eight, all holding guns. You pass Wildfire, turning your head briefly as the fire dazzles your eyes, and then it extinguishes, the car burning as smoking Locos fling open the doors and roll out onto the road. One of them shoots wildly in your direction and you feel a tug against your side, but you keep going as Wildfire steps back, a gout of flame covering her momentary retreat. It seems she has remembered that your purpose here isn’t to kill Locos, though you’re wondering if that’s going to be possible.

”Got a 911 call in from the House and ...a couple more from the neighbors.” Intercept’s calm voice seems out of place as your feet slap against the asphalt, Eel hot on your heels. Three Locos disappear behind the house on the corner, and a couple more head down the street, firing into the wall of ice that is beginning to obscure the shelter.

You are purposefully in front of Eel, two more bullets embedding themselves into your body as you run inexorably forward, putting on your brass knuckles as you move. Eel splits to the side, grabbing the gun of a surprised looking Loco whose bullets had not stopped you, and sends him to the ground, twitching as electricity overloads his nervous system. You punch a Loco in the face, hard enough to send him backward in a spray of blood as his nose gives way to your enhanced strength, and continue after him, two more punches to his body.

Behind you there is a sound you can only describe as *bamf*, and three people appear on the sidewalk in front of the shelter. “UP YOURS rear end in a top hat,” screeches Squib, and he tosses an object toward the incoming Locos. Bullets pepper into the trio of mutants, but pass harmlessly through them, and then the ping pong ball he’s thrown bounces up and explodes at shoulder height. A Loco rolls on the ground, screaming, “My loving face!”

Behind you, Antonio Fernandez is coming down the driveway, his body solid steel and a string of curses coming from his mouth. “‘Tonio, no!” Anna is yelling from behind the ice, and there are other, younger voices calling to each other. Wildfire laughs as she sends more fire toward the burning sedan, singed Locos scattering.

A. Intercept says, “The Bones are coming.” They’ll cut off the van, so you can backtrack to the car.
B. A, but go toward the House
C. JUST KEEP PUNCHING
D. You don't see either of the Locos lieutenants. Either this wasn't important enough for their personal attention, or they're holding back a surprise. Step back and try to find out, in case there is a trap.
E. You took three bullets, at least, maybe you should take a step back and reconsider your strategy.
F. Write in - any combination of things. Surprise me!

edit: Billy is closer to the alley than it shows on the map. He is going up the neighbor's driveway so as not to appear like an attacker to the people in the Shelter

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 8, 2015

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
D: Things are under control right now, but as the boss we need to keep a handle on the wider situation. Also shout at Tin man there that if he wants to help, he should help Billy watch the back.

It's where he can do the most good right now, and as a bonus it keeps him out of harm's way. That'll hopefully earn us points with Anna.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
C! Keep the adrenaliiiiiiiiiineeee! Train rolling.

Also, squib. Seriously? A loving ping ping ball? JFC. We need to take him out training. Handful of gravel, rocks, marbles, anything else you loving dipshit.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Outrail posted:

C! Keep the adrenaliiiiiiiiiineeee! Train rolling.

Also, squib. Seriously? A loving ping ping ball? JFC. We need to take him out training. Handful of gravel, rocks, marbles, anything else you loving dipshit.

His power means that the more dense an object is the more explosive it is (and takes slightly longer to charge up). Rocks and golf balls could do serious damage; ping pong balls are his version of a non-lethal round. A handful of gravel would be similar, due to the small size. Like bird shot that explodes like firecrackers on impact.

We didn't want to kill people so he's operating in those parameters. Also, he needs training, he doesn't have great aim yet.

Vigilante has excellent aim, however.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

(Vigilante is a cop)

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Tran posted:

D: Things are under control right now, but as the boss we need to keep a handle on the wider situation. Also shout at Tin man there that if he wants to help, he should help Billy watch the back.

It's where he can do the most good right now, and as a bonus it keeps him out of harm's way. That'll hopefully earn us points with Anna.

This. Also throw in some stuff about keeping the kids safe while you're barking orders. Never hurts to make a good impression.

We need to start getting an Evac ready 'cause this seems a bit off and I'm guessing the cops (or whatever's coming next) are going to hit hard and fast when they arrive. This could all be a setup, possibly by Vigilante.

Have Intercept keep monitoring police channels, especially unofficial ones they might be using if they're aware of his abilities.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Tran posted:

Plan Tran Bandwagon!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Tran posted:

Aw. We are the boss though. I guess we Tran.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I like plan Tran but remember that you have three bullets in you. If you calm down too much you're going to pass out.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

hollylolly posted:

I like plan Tran but remember that you have three bullets in you. If you calm down too much you're going to pass out.

We still have our trusty supply of cocaine and uppers, don't we?

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

hollylolly posted:

Can we keep ourselves wound up by anticipating sudden attack from every quarter? We would be checking for reinforcements/traps. Or we need to be more Crank-proactive about it, like repeatedly stabbing ourselves in the side with a screwdriver or something?

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Ghostwoods posted:

Can we keep ourselves wound up by anticipating sudden attack from every quarter? We would be checking for reinforcements/traps. Or we need to be more Crank-proactive about it, like repeatedly stabbing ourselves in the side with a screwdriver or something?

Well, this thread didn't take long to go Enkidel/Ohone.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Gnaw off our thumb and jam three epipens into our leg in a desperate attempt to stay conscious while we calmly direct the field of battle.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Ghostwoods posted:

Keeping yourself wound up by anticipating attack should work, for a few minutes.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Tomn posted:

Well, this thread didn't take long to go Enkidel/Ohone.

They never do :3:

Plan Tran

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

hollylolly posted:

Keeping yourself wound up by anticipating attack should work, for a few minutes.

Hopefully that'll be long enough to see if more bullshit is coming, and if not, we can wade into the fray!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

You kick a fallen Loco in the side as you turn away from the van, the Boneyard rolling up and spilling out of their car. “Keep them occupied!” you shout at them, “Away from the houses if you can!” They don’t respond, except to surround the van, cutting it off as an escape route. You and Eel back away as the Locos begin to scatter, one returning to help his fellows at the van against the Bones, the others from the sedan spreading out across the street. *bamf* - Vigilante, Fade, and Squib disappear.

You turn and point at Fernandez. “Tin Man, go around back! They’re in the alley. Protect those kids!” Your heart is still pounding from the excitement of the attack, but you try to focus. Where are the Locos lieutenants? Is this too small to warrant attention, or do they have something else in store for the shelter? “Intercept, keep monitoring the police scanners. I’ve got a bad feeling about this. Anything moving in Locos territory?”

”They’re sending three cars, you’ve got about… five minutes. Helicopter inbound as well, will be there sooner.”

Wildfire sends another burst of fire across the street, keeping the Locos from getting around Anna’s impressive wall of ice. You can’t tell how thick it is, but it’s ten feet tall and you are beginning to notice a chill in the air. You hear a high pitched scream from behind the house, and another of Squib’s explosions - a louder one this time, probably a rock.

”They’re in the backyard!” shouts Billy over the comm, ”I -” you hear a thud through your earpiece, “got one. Squib’s got one - they’ve got a kid. Metal guy’s -” You spin toward the house, and notice a phone on the ground by the burning car.

Eel is grabbing a Loco who is trying to line up a shot on Wildfire’s back. You see a Loco right on the ice wall, shooting into it. He’ll break through in a minute. “Anna, get back!” you shout.

”Can’t see anything suspicious in Locos turf,” says Intercept. ”I don’t think they were expecting resistance.”

What do you punch next?
A. Yourself
B. the phone. Well, don’t punch it, but pick it up.
C. the Loco at the wall.
D. All of the above

1. You’re most concerned about what Billy said. The Locos got one of the kids?!?!
2. You’re most concerned about your retreat. The cops will be here soon, you need to be gone when that happens.

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 8, 2015

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
C 1.

Keep on with the spick and span heroic rescuer image. The police might not buy it, but the shelter and press might.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I should mention the Xx on some of the Locos on the map is to indicate they are incapacitated. NOT dead. Well, you don't think any of them are dead.

...:ohdear:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Tomn posted:

C 1.

Keep on with the spick and span heroic rescuer image. The police might not buy it, but the shelter and press might.

This. Be a big drat hero.

If we 'die' later when we calm down can we claim unjustifiable homicide against the Locos?

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

C1

Protecting the kid takes priority. We can avoid getting nabbed if we use the confusion to our advantage. How well do we know the sewer network?

Maybe have intercept get cranking on some way to distract the police (lots of alerts elsewhere, malfunctioning their electronics, etc...).

Absum
May 28, 2013

D1

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Works for me.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
C1

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Tomn posted:

C 1.

Okay. C1.

But hit the Loco hard!

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

C & 1: Tell Vigilante to save the kid. She might be getting tired, but she's the only one we can trust to get in close fast enough to save a hostage.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Tran posted:

C & 1: Tell Vigilante to save the kid. She might be getting tired, but she's the only one we can trust to get in close fast enough to save a hostage.

Seconding getting Vigilante to bail the kid out.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

ElrondHubbard posted:

Seconding getting Vigilante to bail the kid out.

And the kid's abductor's hand. Oops.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

A
B
C xxxxxxx
D x

1 xxxxxxxx

Tell Vigilante to rescue the kid xxx

Hmmm, instructions unclear... ;) I'll work on writing the update. If you want to yell further instructions at any of your people (or Anna) write it up and I'll see if you can blurt it out while you're punching badbadder guys.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

You don’t hesitate, running at the gang banger at the ice wall full tilt while yelling “Vigilante get that kid clear!” The gunfire is deafening, ice chips are flying toward you, and you leap forward, throwing your entire body weight behind your fist.

POW!

You catch him right behind the ear, smash his head into the ice, and he crumples to the ground, legs loose but arms strangely stiff. You hear sirens in the distance, and the distinct chop of a helicopter's rotors.

”Kid’s safe,” comes Vigilante’s breathless voice, which you hear over your comm and also on the other side of the ice wall. A few moments later she’s gathered up Fade and Squib again, and they’re behind you in the street. Another car of Barrio Boneyard members has pulled up, and the Locos are either running or lying in the street as Squib sets off another explosion.

“Anna,” you say through the ice, “I’m -

What do you tell her?
A. the Brotherhood. We’re trying to help.
B. a friend. You should be safe now, the police are on their way.
C. annoyed that we had to do all the work over here!
D. write in something more eloquent or ??

1. Sound the retreat
2. Take a minute to coordinate with Intercept and find a way to track the Locos back to their base.

Additional instructions to your people or quick questions to Intercept are ok

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
2B

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

A2

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
AB 2

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
If someone comes up with a cool speech, I might go with that, but definitely 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
The police helicopter is here. We should probably make ourselves scarce.

• Locked thread