Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
B E

MAXIMUM BIRB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owqtHyFBsHo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I want to watch Trashy the African Grey Parrot and Jake get into fights because Jake is the only one that can communicate directly with Trashy and Trashy is snarky and rude, but no one believes the bird is saying these things and thinks Jake is just being funny.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Write in: I will leave a sealed notebook with Intercept that will deploy in case of my death.

Eel got whammied. Can't trust him yet.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Lazaruise posted:

"I will take over as leader but you will be in charge of day to day operations while I focus on getting the school up and running and figuring out what we need to do about Ragnorak. Sorta like a prime minister, president deal

This plus introduce ourselves to the bird. Get it some seeds and a place to sleep. Friend Birb

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
D. We know the layout of the house. We can guess where he is. Sneak in and take him down. Extreme Prejudice. Hopefully he lives long enough for Jake to extract what he needs.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
We have a new house for Anna. This old one is chaining her down. She's not safe there, now the brotherhood and Odin knows where she is. They are still after her unborn child. This isn't a time for indecision and weakness. Burst in, take down the enemy we know and fix things after. Easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Tact and planning is what Eel is for. This man stood by and let us be tortured and mind hosed to death. gently caress him.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
D. Better Idea, ask him directly if her personally killed Thorny and ask why he didn't have the decency to give you a pair of loving shoes when he dumped us in the landfill? Also ask Od if Anna taught him better than to hit a lady. Turn around right after and ask Demios why he sent a goddam succubus to needle Anna right in the baby?

E: Little fucker brought Od along to bait us into a confrontation that would alienate us from Anna. Let's just throw it right back in his face and then simultaneously get Anna into the inner circle and into the School.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 29, 2016

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
"Paolo, you deal with gang warfare. There aren't clearly defined sides when dealing with disorganized groups. Mutants are the same way. There's the brotherhood and there are splinters of that. There are other groups too, groups you've never heard of. Some of those groups operate at or higher than the Brotherhood or within it or inside human groups. There's humans posing inside mutant groups most likely as well.

We got blindsided by something bigger than us. Something big enough ghost me and use senators like lowlife CIs (confidential informants). Something big enough to take out everyone in this house, make it look like they were never there. This is CIA, FBI, X-files poo poo and unless you want to end up a hero on the news on the wrong side of a gun at your next traffic stop then don't poke this.

I'm trying to build a school. Something that will protect young children from getting dragged into some bullshit out of an angst teen novel shadow war and Anna is at the center of that push, but if the poo poo gets all over Anna any more than it has before we can get her and the kids into that castle then there's nothing I can do. Hell we're still reeling from the slap we took.

So please, don't go full cop on this any more unless you want to make a situation worse and end up in a landfill like I did.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
B. People who wiped my mind many times over and then gave up and dumped my body in the landfill. What did I just say?! This is just like a bad spy movie. Don't poke the bear...for Anna's sake.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 11, 2016

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Its school in the sense that education will happen, but its meant more as a home. A home like the one you have built here. Strength in numbers and kids going through the same turmoil but together they will be stronger and have positive role-models. I couldn't think of a better person than you to lead that... it will also provide a public, safe space for those out to use our gifts for ill.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Can Intercept hack the robot and then use it to "subdue" its handlers?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
He's just surfing the net.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I would assume everything about our operation is compromised after being brain scooped by Odin. Most likely why that tank is electronically hardened.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

hollylolly posted:

What makes you think Odin has anything to do with Haven's tank thing?

Haven is a subsidiary of the Brotherhood top leadership under command of our FEARLESS LEADER Deimos who is a member of Odin's cabal. Deimos is obviously paralleling, working Haven to seemingly achieve Haven's goals of super soldiers and Odin's goal of ??? while actually concocting a "Super Mutant" serum to give himself god-like powers so he can topple Odin and the Humans in one swoop. A large component of that is getting our immortality power, but neither Odin nor Haven can find out about that.

Need to find out some more about Odin and his motives but I think he's following the standard "Apocalypse" avenue of ancient battles/grudges.

I'm just speculating but it feels that way.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Okay so we know Haven is developing some sort of Super Soldier serum that uses real mutants and kinda converts their juices into mutant power potions.

Demi and the Brotherhood are all "Mutants First" so he's going to be working any angle he can to promote that agenda and protect his people. He's going to get the strongest and best mutants in his inner circle to make sure Mutants first, one being room sized shoggoth guy, next being Jane. I would guess eventually he found/was found by Odin and Odin has some other plans that conflict or threaten mutants.

Demi can't fight him yet because powers don't really evolve. A mutant that sprouts fuzzy green fur won't suddenly turn into a furry hulk. Unless you happen to get a jugular full of Haven Drugs.

It would make sense that a paramilitary group would seek alliances or turncoats from the Mutants First brotherhood. Demi is a big score and may even be playing double agent, collecting powerful mutants and also helping Haven push Mutant Science in ways supportive of his secret agenda (Stronger Mutants, concert all humans to mutants, stop Odin?).

We know Odin and the Brotherhood are linked by virtue of Demi and his Odin lackey's most recent visit. We lack evidence of Demi's motives and the link between Demi and Haven, but I can make a pretty good assumption based at the power levels at play (Senators, Haven funding and police backing, that time we played chicken on the highway).

There's a deep conspiracy we are just beginning to poke here and we have a few missing bits. We need to stop going to those rallies with kids and get them into our school for wayward mutants so we can build up a "safe house" and keep working.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

hollylolly posted:

Anna seems awfully comfortable in her house... it would be a shame if anything happened to it and she needed a new place to live...

It's already a house full of teenagers, let alone mutant ones, I'm surprised it hasn't been destroyed already.

"Billy you stink, go take a shower."
"YOU AREN'T MY REAL MOM." *Explodes into a ball of fire*

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

hollylolly posted:

We could find a particularly needy child with very destructive abilities and a bad temperament and just... send them over...

....Call it plan-B.
I think a really nice facility that has some funding and protection will be enough to draw mama in. Need it to be "Her Choice" or we aren't any better than our adversaries.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
C-c-c-combo plan

Something bad is going to happen, so we gotta make sure we protect our priorities. First are the children, second is our team, third are mutant protestors and last are humans.

The two sides are about to clash. There is a 0% chance fighting won't erupt between the Purists and the MLM. Haven is counting on this because they want more Mutant specimens and to test out.

Media attention is the only way we can save mutant lives and get out kids out in time.

1. Eel gathers the kiddies and tells them to start heading to the back of the MLM group for extraction.

2.Intercept starts an online blitz of #HumanToo. Announce the MLM parade as an old Civil rights Sit-in. The idea will be the MLM is a legal protest that has a route and is within its right to just sit down along it.

3.Eel starts this out by going to the most likely spot Purists and MLM will meet and just sits down right in the middle. He quickly gets some other mutants to do so as well so he can eventually disappear into the crowd. His goal is to start the human wave of sitting mutants.

4. Intercept will have gotten the medias attention long before this and will direct the vans and cameras to the sitting line.

5. Let things play out. Purists make the first move, giving mutants right to self defense. Media is there so no no one throws the first punch. Haven can't arrest anyone or try our new shady toys and the kids are evacuated.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Outrail posted:

Yeah plan Ark

No plan survives contact and all that but it's a good plan.

Pretty much, The main focus is to get the kids out of the line of fire and from there ????.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Some character assassination going on up in here. I'll have you know I propose perfectly sensible plans some of the time.
<:mad:>

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Dog Kisser posted:

I mean, I'm not denying that - and really, even 'shoot people in the face in case they're a traitor' can be sensible in the right environment - but staging a peaceful sit-in is nearly opposite to your shtick!

Different games, different agendas. Also you are glazing over the fact that I am using a peaceful sit in with Eel on the front lines as cover to evacuate some kids. The protestors are going to get plastered and when they inevitably give up on Satyagraha and turn to self defense it's going to go bad when Haven steps in to respond to "mutants using disproportionate force".

It's going to be a bloodbath no matter what we do. Mutants with powers va racist humans backed by paramilitary forces. Its a set up and we need to bail. Media presence, peaceful sit ins are all just chaff thrown in the hopes to defuse this situation and I 110% it to backfire nastily, but again the main objective is the safety of those kids. First because they are children and should be safe and two we need to get the "Zombies Mutant Orphanarium" going and if we lose our only supply of orphans that would be bad.

Also i'm playing Zombie, not Ohone. Zombie is cold because she gets hurt when ever she reaches out and that should play into her leadership style. At least, that's how I view and play her. I'm not trying to drive Zombie to become a dark god.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Tell Eel stand up slowly, then take a sip of that water and thank the purists for thinking of their fellow humans on this hot day.

Send a medical volunteer in to extract Eel under cover of having his head looked at while the regular police get a strangely digital sounding voice order through their radios to block the purists .

I think that covers objective two of getting eel out and three by stopping a violent confrontation.

Next up is dealing with that sentinel and the purists. I have an idea, but it's not exactly a good-guy move.

Intercept can hack the sentinel, it will just take a long time and use a lot of resources iirc. What we could do is hack the sentinel and then program it to attack pure humans. Crazy robot attacks the normals and then suddenly a brave group of mutants not only took action to defeat the evil robot, but did so to save the humans that hate them so.

It would be nice if the mutants wore some distinctive uniforms and swooped in on a fancy experimental jet, but you can only do so much

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Congratulations! :slick:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Boy howdy that sure is someone else's problem.....

serious post,

"Eel, get the mutants to loving bail away from that thing. Intercept spread images of that thing all over the net and paint it up as a Haven spawned monstrosity."

We call Jake and tell him that "It's Here." And that it's time to face his fears. Then we gear up to gently caress up a Star Spawn.

:cthulhu: IA IA! I told you man, I told you about the things that crawl between the walls of existence. I warned you bro!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Mr. Nemo posted:

Woah, I think i haven't checked this thread on 2017, seems the eldritch horrors managed to sneak in. Time to catch up.

Read the update where we dragged a psychic through the veil and faced an eldritch being directly on our way through.

Someone who won't be named teleported way too far and got caught.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
How hard do you have to critfail your teleport that you drag a bus sized star-spawn to a peaceful sit-in protest?

It's freaky, but it's not Intercept's month old trash freaky. Hopefully it can't exist in our dimension or being on our plane makes it corporeal.

Either way, it's not our problem right now, it's haven's and storm mutant's.

" Also joking cut the tension by telling Eel "See, I told you I would get out from the front of the protest line?"

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

hollylolly posted:

I was trying to copy/paste the latest bit of this from Google Drive to a document on my computer and got this (pages of it):

:tinfoil: :cthulhu:

MUTANTS ARE CHILDREN OF THE BEYONDER
HE CALLS TO HIS OFFSPRING TO RISE
BREAK THE WALLS
YOG-SOTHOTH THE GATE AND THE KEY!!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
So basically we need to find Jake and then ask him about it again... in private... over drinks and calamari.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
A "Hello, Shits-gone-Squidways Ops center, this is Zombie speaking. How can we make your day an even brighter hellhole?

Hell no, to the no, no, yeah.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
" My boyfriend is coming over for a Calamari dinner. Hi, how are you? Are you gonna go all Manchurian Candidate again on us again?"

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Toughy posted:

This is wildfire not vigilante, wildfire is the fire starter with a short fuse

Oh, hmm. I thought wildfire had a Headlight drug problem as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
E + order full retreat
This one is too much for us. Get our agents back and safe. We aren't the Xtraordinary Men yet. Haven is going full mobilization.

Might be a good time to hit their base?

I can't think of the reason for Squidspace other than it's somehow a product of Jake's Mind or it's the collective unconsciousness of humanity. Maybe it's just Demios' power or the maybe the future of Earth? I got nothing.

• Locked thread