Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
E sounds nicely unpredictable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

E C B. We've got all day to get over to the shelter, after all.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Wentley posted:

A.

Keep in the loop with the person who would know.

Precisely.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
I'm getting a little confused about geography. Is Los Santos where tonight's raid is going down, or is it some unrelated side-thing?

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

hollylolly posted:

Los Santos is where the raid or drive by or angry yelling is going down, tonight.

OK, cool. I just wasn't sure if that was the case or not. I'm assuming it's a GTA reference, so I'm half-considering trying to start a "Go visit Grove St" bandwagon :) How long should Jane realistically allow for getting over to the shelter?

Anyway, um, 2C, and 1E -- drive up to Eel and tell him to keep a lid on things here (B, but with Eel, who seems less likely to inflame tensions), then Billy gets on heading up to Los Santos. Eel can join him a bit later, once the danger is past.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
AE.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Outrail posted:

C "... and we got a kid who can turn a handful of rocks into a grenade barrage, we'll lend him to you for a night if you help us out"

Yeah, I like this.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
D A C.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

hollylolly posted:

fake edit: is this too boring? only three votes in 24 hours has me doubting everything :gonk:

No, it's cool.

For 1, I'll vote B, 'cos just having some handy in case sounds fair enough. What's the point of being rebels if we're all "THE FDA SAYS WINNERS DON'T DO DRUGS."

For 2, I have no fecking idea. I'm not a strategist, I have no idea about actual layouts or operational risks, and there's no way in hell I can guess something. For votes like this, maybe give us a few options, with strengths and weaknesses?

For 3, it's totally up to you. Again, no possible way to guess. Do you have nothing planned for the day? Great, take us to the evening. Do you have stuff going on that could be interesting? Great, take us to that instead. But we don't know what you're going to write!

In game design, it's a general truism that blind choice is worse that no choice. Asking the players if they want to go left or right -- with no context to give meaning -- isn't interactive, it's just annoying. The best decisions are ones that clearly give a chance to demonstrate the character of the decider, the nature of the world the decider is in, or both. Question 1 above is a good example. If they go on to also have interesting effects, so much the better -- freeform games shine here.

You're doing fine, but try to shy away a bit from blind choices, and have the confidence to roll with what we're choosing and develop it.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

hollylolly posted:

I don't really have anything planned before the rumble tonight. :ohdear: If we skip ahead it'll be to where we meet up with Eel and Billy in Los Santos, probably to about dinner time, in game.

That all sounds good.

Your :ohdear: is undeserved... All good stories have ebb and flow, and they dance past the down-time with a word here or there. Most of life is really tedious, even on adventures. Always jaunt past the dead spaces to the places where you see stuff happening :) Have faith in your visions!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Tran posted:

Voting for this then.

Yeah, E. Let's get more details.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Wentley posted:

C

BUT! We're changing the plan to suit them. They owe us. Now we're out firepower.

Probably safest, yes.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
"ASAP" isn't "immediately", and I at least don't much care how crazy/evil she was, at least not right now. A.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

ElrondHubbard posted:

C: These two put together
We're friendly and paranoid.

Works for me.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
I'm thinking we should be behind the palm trees on the south side of Banyon. That will keep us the most hidden from anyone heading North up Lemon or Orange, and give us a bit of cover from being spotted early by the Shelter. Billy and Wildfire at the ends, as our more offensive people, with us and Eel between them.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
B.

EDIT: Update on previous page.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Tran posted:

D: Things are under control right now, but as the boss we need to keep a handle on the wider situation. Also shout at Tin man there that if he wants to help, he should help Billy watch the back.

It's where he can do the most good right now, and as a bonus it keeps him out of harm's way. That'll hopefully earn us points with Anna.

Plan Tran Bandwagon!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

hollylolly posted:

I like plan Tran but remember that you have three bullets in you. If you calm down too much you're going to pass out.

Can we keep ourselves wound up by anticipating sudden attack from every quarter? We would be checking for reinforcements/traps. Or we need to be more Crank-proactive about it, like repeatedly stabbing ourselves in the side with a screwdriver or something?

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

hollylolly posted:

Keeping yourself wound up by anticipating attack should work, for a few minutes.

Hopefully that'll be long enough to see if more bullshit is coming, and if not, we can wade into the fray!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Works for me.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
AB 2

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
A3. Let's call it a day, but via a spirited attempt to lead the cops to the Locos.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
A, spreading that to the mall as well. Have Eel start working on E in spare time, maybe get Intercept on D via putting in a good word on the web. We can work on B once the immediate poo poo blows over.

EDIT: Yeah, that's La Vida Loco alright.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Personally, I'd say don't take Vigilante into the shelter. She seems a bit unpredictable.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Plan Tran works for me, but I'm also up for giving the shelter kids a party. Hearts and minds, indeed...

Wouldn't Predatorbe a better name for Barbara than "Radio"? Or Spectrum?

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Outrail posted:

Awkwardly talk/flirt with the guy while waiting for something interesting to happen (and get insider information).

Sure.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

ElrondHubbard posted:

E. Briefly head inside the building to inquire about getting a job (cover for why we're here), then go and get a close up inspection of the car without breaking in, attach a tracking device if possible (given our budget, it's a fancy word for cheap cell phone), and try to get a visual ID of the driver before leaving
Be sure to make some more small talk with the guy until our cigarette goes out, as opposed to breaking off mid sentence to go do things (Jane seems like the sort that needs reminding). Chances are we might find out other cool stuff and get an excuse to come back if we ever need to. Maybe exchange numbers with him (not our primary line).

This seems good.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
C sounds good.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
A2.
Creepy.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Outrail posted:

Find our what this shadow poo poo is. Don't do anything stupid. You're a highly trained vet, you know if it's safe.

edit: And bring back dinner from that Thai place around the corner.

I like plan Outrail.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Outrail posted:

A. Really the problem is mutants going nuts. Occam's Razor says we take care of the mutants.

It'll look good for the cameras if one mutant takes down a 'bad' one. Anna is competent and has more useful powers. Our superpower is 'get really hurt and not give a drat' which isn't actually that good but in situations like this it's useful in that we can take stupid risks with regards to personal harm.

Also, when we move places, lets offer to find Intercept a different place to live, way on the other side of the city in an anonymous apartment. He can telecommute anyway, he dosen't seem to get much out of human interaction and he'll be safe. Run it by him and see what he thinks.

Voting for this.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

hollylolly posted:

Sound good?

Sounds awesome!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Outrail posted:

Billy can B while we A.

Intercept try and follow where they go.

Welp, so much for non violence, let's find out who these as she's are and give them a good squibbing.

Yep.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

hollylolly posted:

Are you still willing to sacrifice a hand/arm to shove her up into the van and onto the ice if need be?

If A is what it takes, then so be it. But hopefully some encouragement (and C) will be enough :)

Edit: Maybe Anna can make ice steps, or a slide!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
We're educational, we are :)

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Nice! That worked well, and hopefully should show Anna that we're prepared to put ourselves out for her and her people.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
I'd prefer A then C rather than jumping straight to C.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Carlos is a timebomb of crazy. Let's take him out before he messes up the neighbourhood. B, with a side of E. What's the drat girl up to?

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
B. "This started before Spectrum. I'm getting close to an answer, and as soon as I know, I promise I'll tell you." Then we _really_ need to have a chat with Vigilante.

1.5. Get Billy on it with Digger, give 'em some cash, tell 'em to keep it absolutely just to themselves until you give 'em the word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Arkanomen posted:

Put her under house arrest. No phone. A room with only one guarded exit. Two man watch.

That sounds kinda extreme, and probably beyond out resources anyway. How about we tell her precisely what we witnessed, and what we know about their mind-wiping ways, and go from there?

• Locked thread