Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Simstim posted:

haven't seen it yet, so how many women did eazy e give aids to in the movie?

0, buttloads of dudes tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
lol if you don't wait for crap movies to be on netflix before you watch and make a thread

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sales of LA Raiders gear is gonna go through the roof.

GaryLeeLoveBuckets
May 8, 2009
Would have worked better as an anime imo.

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

Did they show Ice Cube in Boyz in the Hood in the movie. ?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

echronorian posted:

Ice cube is a terrible actor and his son is even worse

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
it was a good day

Risky
May 18, 2003

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

so how did eaze e get AIDS anyway?

straight outta condoms

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

the great deceiver posted:

it was a very good movie OP

rip eazy my nigga

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
COP, TO A YOUNG EAZY AND HIS FRIENDS: "You niggas got attitude!"

-20 YEARS LATER-

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

so how did eaze e get AIDS anyway?

eazy e died the same way as freddie mercury, too much fuckin

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape

SmokaDustbowl posted:

eazy e died the same way as freddie mercury, too much butt fuckin

corrected

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
dying cause you hosed too much is pretty awesome

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Rod Munch posted:

Did they show Ice Cube in Boyz in the Hood in the movie. ?

Naw but they made a reference to it where Eazy tells Cube he saw it and Cube is like "so you didn't call it an 'afterschool special'?". And then they're cool but Eazy gets AIDS and dies.

It was a pretty good movie with some flaws that are more noticeable if you know the "real" history of what went on. I'm glad it came out because it was an interesting period in music and I'm biased because I grew up listening to The Chronic, NWA, and 2Pac.

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 24, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SmokaDustbowl posted:

dying cause you hosed too much is pretty awesome

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

only ron paul voting black people like straight outta compton

libertarian swill

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Nonsense posted:

only ron paul voting black people like straight outta compton

libertarian swill

none of this makes sense

:edit: just saw your username, lol :v:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I just re-watched Boyz n the Hood recently and it is kind of like an after school special but not necessarily in a bad way. It was a pretty good balance of "hey, check out this hardcore gangster movie" balanced with some heavy handed talk about gentrification, gender roles, AIDS, drugs, and violence. It helps that it had a lot of very talented actors in it as well.

Compare it to Menace II Society which was mostly just "hood movie" with a little bit of a message tacked on so sloppily that most people probably missed the point. The only thing the lead actor in that movie ever did after that was a lovely FMV CYOA game. Retsuprae did a pretty good longplay RP of it that's worth watching.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Risky posted:

straight outta condoms

Lol

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

US gang culture is dumb and nobody will remember the ~story~ behind the music in 50 years

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

Strategic Tea posted:

US gang culture is dumb and nobody will remember the ~story~ behind the music in 50 years

die fag

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

FIRST TIME posted:

The only thing the lead actor in that movie ever did after that was a lovely FMV CYOA game. Retsuprae did a pretty good longplay RP of it that's worth watching.

hmmmmmmm no im pretty sure "retsuprae longplay RP" isn't worth watching.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Strategic Tea posted:

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Strategic Tea posted:

despite republicans' best efforts i don't think we're going to forget that black people have been treated badly in america

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

wait, so to you criminals and gangs = black people?

sheeeeit indeed racism lives :911:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

ashgromnies posted:

hmmmmmmm no im pretty sure "retsuprae longplay RP" isn't worth watching.

yeah, well that's just like your opinion... man

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Didn't suck as much as the other 3-hour dog turds being squeezed out by the dream factory.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Strategic Tea posted:

There's a long running VH1 series that says you're wrong

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Strategic Tea posted:

look at this brit fag talking about how no one cares about NWA

get hosed fairy

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

lol gently caress i've seen that pic so many times and never noticed b-real sitting next to ice cube

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Risky posted:

straight outta condoms

:golfclap:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Yowza!!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

lol gently caress i've seen that pic so many times and never noticed b-real sitting next to ice cube

They were homies but then they had a long running beef because B-Real accused Ice Cube of stealing "Throw Your Set in the Air" for the hook on "Friday".

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Straight outta T-cells.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

There's a joke in here somewhere about the second picture then having a fishing reel. Please pretend I made it.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Strategic Tea posted:

the funniest thing about it is the sjws that celebrate it while having hypersensitive moral systems that say poo poo like you cant have sex while drunk or its rape.

meanwhile i grew up in a mostly black area with coke gang problems which had such enriching experiences like both of my sisters being gang raped on the school bus in middleschool, my brother having life long problems from bone fractures he got from getting beaten so badly, and my mind being demented from all the violence, death threats, murders, and rape that happened to people i grew up with. yea lets celebrate that!

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

afeelgoodpoop posted:

the funniest thing about it is the sjws that celebrate it while having hypersensitive moral systems that say poo poo like you cant have sex while drunk or its rape.

meanwhile i grew up in a mostly black area with coke gang problems which had such enriching experiences like both of my sisters being gang raped on the school bus in middleschool, my brother having life long problems from bone fractures he got from getting beaten so badly, and my mind being demented from all the violence, death threats, murders, and rape that happened to people i grew up with. yea lets celebrate that!

Make a movie and get some of that paper.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

FIRST TIME posted:

I just re-watched Boyz n the Hood recently and it is kind of like an after school special but not necessarily in a bad way. It was a pretty good balance of "hey, check out this hardcore gangster movie" balanced with some heavy handed talk about gentrification, gender roles, AIDS, drugs, and violence. It helps that it had a lot of very talented actors in it as well.

Compare it to Menace II Society which was mostly just "hood movie" with a little bit of a message tacked on so sloppily that most people probably missed the point. The only thing the lead actor in that movie ever did after that was a lovely FMV CYOA game. Retsuprae did a pretty good longplay RP of it that's worth watching.

menace ii society also invented the "hold your gun sideways" thing

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

"yea they got eazy e's eyeballs in the basement storage of the hospital where he died" -thing said constantly by dudes in the 90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

"yea like in a jar of formaldehyde"

• Locked thread