Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Apt Pupil is a hella cool story but the movie wimps out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Lol

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Jack Bauer is the bully kid though!

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

wasnt the short story "Trucks" adapted for the screen?

Who made who?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj4ArncwMNE

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Tuxedo Gin posted:

the trick is to never rewatch, reread, or replay anything you enjoyed as a kid/teen

Or worse, you like it and find you're addicted to nostalgia. Before you know it you've made millions creating Transformers movies :whitewater:

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
have you guys read dianetics

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

The Running Man

This movie is good. Arnold makes it better. These are valid opinions.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

here lies sub zero now plain zero

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Running Man is a great movie

I always forget to include it in lists of going Stephen King movies because it's so different to the novel

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Lawnmower Man is the best Marvel movuie

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

its based on a novella by stephe king called the body and it definitely needs all 4 kids because one of hem is fat and one has a mean older brother, and one of them has glasses. i dont re,ember the other one.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Celluloid Sam posted:

its based on a novella by stephe king called the body and it definitely needs all 4 kids because one of hem is fat and one has a mean older brother, and one of them has glasses. i dont re,ember the other one.

ya

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The best King story I remember was about a surgeon smuggling cocaine. He gets stranded on a desert island and spends the whole story snorting cocaine and cutting off pieces of himself to eat.

They should make a movie about that one.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

The best King story I remember was about a surgeon smuggling cocaine. He gets stranded on a desert island and spends the whole story snorting cocaine and cutting off pieces of himself to eat.

castaway 2

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

its heroin its called survivor type

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Celluloid Sam posted:

its heroin its called survivor type

It's pretty loving awesome is what it is

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

The Running Man is a great movie

I always forget to include it in lists of going Stephen King movies because it's so different to the novel

It's definitely a movie I have to break out and watch a couple times a year. But I WOULD be really interested in seeing a faithful adaptation of the book. I think it's one of King's best. Short? Check. Decent ending? Check. Written as Bachman? Check.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

It's pretty loving awesome is what it is

absoltely he ate a seagull

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Mother

loving

lady fingers

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ElGroucho posted:

Mother

loving

lady fingers

so good

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

No, they didn't. Their motivation was "Woah, dead body."

Okay well that's weird because several of the characters and the narrator make really weird noises that sound exactly like human beings talking about about how whoever finds the body will become small-town famous what a strange coincidence

Hey look whoever wrote the wikipedia article and literally everyone else in the entire world who has ever written a synopsis of the movie also heard the strange rogue sounds

You must be really smart to be the only person on the whole planet to see the truth behind the strange things that sound like words coming out of people's mouths

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i dont remember anything from that movie except lardass hogan and i thought that was ok

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
all of stephen king's supernatural concepts are trash, i wish he would stick to realism and also give up his delusions of knowing how to translate a story to the screen

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Stephen King is the best author ever to have lived.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

serious norman posted:

Stephen King is the best author ever to have lived.

actually his son is even better hope this helps you norman

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

Tujague posted:

Okay well that's weird because several of the characters and the narrator make really weird noises that sound exactly like human beings talking about about how whoever finds the body will become small-town famous what a strange coincidence

Hey look whoever wrote the wikipedia article and literally everyone else in the entire world who has ever written a synopsis of the movie also heard the strange rogue sounds

You must be really smart to be the only person on the whole planet to see the truth behind the strange things that sound like words coming out of people's mouths

Well, I guess you're right. I read the wiki. I don't care, movie still sucks and their motivation for being heroes is overplayed. poo poo, i watched the movie and didn't realize they wanted to take the body until they got there. i thought they just wanted to poke it with a stick and poo poo. the climatic confrontation between ace and gordie was stupid and didn't make sense. no way either of them cared that much. two thumbs way down.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

I just saw this movie for the first time. This is supposed to be a classic?! Our heroes, the main gang, are 2 characters that have been stretched into 4. A crazy abused kid, a level-headed abused kid, a fat loser kid, and a skinny loser kid. They go out looking for the body of a dead kid that some older neighborhood toughs know the locale of. They find it. The neighborhood toughs get there immediately after. For some reason, both groups desperately want to take this dead little bitch. One of the neighborhood toughs pulls out a switchblade, and the skinny loser pulls out a gun. Neighborhood tough backs down, little kids don't take the body anyway, just call it in to authorities. That's it. Nothing really significant happens in the entire movie. I've seen more adventure in an episode of Say Yes to the Dress.

i will fight you irl

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

"rip op" is what i am carving on a tombstone right now

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

A misanthrope posted:

"rip op" is what i am carving on a tombstone right now

I'll prepare a eulogy where I pretend to know a lot about OP, but everyone knows he died senile and forgotten

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

I'll prepare a eulogy where I pretend to know a lot about OP, but everyone knows he died senile and forgotten

good idea

"Now we lay OP to rest. He was a dumb motherfucker" will suffice

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Apparently in an interview i read will weaton was overpowered and raped by river phoenix. Phoenix told him if he breathed a word of it he'd be a "dead man"

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Apparently in an interview i read will weaton was overpowered and raped by river phoenix. Phoenix told him if he breathed a word of it he'd be a "dead man"

River Phoenix looked in to the future with his third eye

Heroin, not so bad?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Stand By Me was great. All those Stephen King films are great. Even the made-for-tv ones are great.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

I just saw this movie for the first time. This is supposed to be a classic?! Our heroes, the main gang, are 2 characters that have been stretched into 4. A crazy abused kid, a level-headed abused kid, a fat loser kid, and a skinny loser kid. They go out looking for the body of a dead kid that some older neighborhood toughs know the locale of. They find it. The neighborhood toughs get there immediately after. For some reason, both groups desperately want to take this dead little bitch. One of the neighborhood toughs pulls out a switchblade, and the skinny loser pulls out a gun. Neighborhood tough backs down, little kids don't take the body anyway, just call it in to authorities. That's it. Nothing really significant happens in the entire movie. I've seen more adventure in an episode of Say Yes to the Dress.

the most millennial post i have read in a long long time

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I had to search around for like thirty minutes to find the name of that movie and a torrent of it.

It was made for TV.

Demon truck baby

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
S. King said that he doesn't remember much of the 80s because he would just pour cocaine into whiskey and write all the time.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

burritolingus posted:

Stand By Me was great. All those Stephen King films are great. Even the made-for-tv ones are great.

lol The Shining TV series is so bad.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Cat's Eye, bitches!

Quitters, Inc? The Ledge? Two great short stories in one movie, just ignore the stupid Drew Barrymore sub-plot that fails miserably. James Woods is particularly good.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
The Mist was pretty good. The main character even does Stephen King book covers for a living.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Everyone always forgets about the Salems Lot miniseries from the 70s but its actually pretty good despite David Soul in the lead.

• Locked thread