Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
like that's an actual quote. i dont think ive ever heard the word quintessential in real life like ever again or before for that matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
"Ive never been touched by gentler hands." That was told to me by a 90+ year old woman when I was taking a blood sample for testing while she was hospitalized.

The worst compliment I ever gave was when I was in middle school. I was attempting to compliment my date's skill with make up, and how amazing she looked, and I said "With all that make up on your face, you look pretty good!"

There was no second date, as I recall.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
"You look like "Number One" from Star Trek TNG (paraphrasing)."

As an FYI, I don't look a thing like Jonathan Frakes. Also, this was said to me by a man while I was wearing a tweed sport coat. He said that was the reason I look like Frakes. This was at work as well.

I still don't understand and never will.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
"i like your obsessive-compulsiveness"

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Hey some of you guys seem to be replacing strangest with 'best' or 'favorite'

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
"You're so beautiful and that's not just the ecstasy talking"

something I said. oops

Masturbasturd fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 25, 2015

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
"I don't think you're the devil even though you have blue eyes."

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

Oh Hell No posted:

"Your fingers are really long. Like, Marfan's long."

The guy was a guitarist, so I think it was a compliment.

same. multiple people asked me if I am a pianist because of my long fingers.

NObodiesGeek
Jun 14, 2003
I'm not shy, I just hate you.
I had talked to a college recruiter on the phone a few times and when I finally met with her the first words out of her mouth were, "You don't look like what I thought you'd look like." I asked what she meant and she never addressed it. She looked dumbstruck.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Not the dentist i go to, but the dental ASSISTANT there frequently talks about what good saliva i have.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
One time in my old hometown the resident crazy bag lady had somehow got into the backseat of a car. As I walked passed her on the sidewalk she rolled down the window and screamed at me. No words, just a wailing banshee shriek. I felt pretty good about myself that day. :3:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

"you look like john goodman but like a thin john goodman."

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
At the company doctor's office for a medical, an older lady doctor was looking inside my ears with one of those things they use for that and she got all excited, saying that I had the most textbook perfect inner ears that she had ever seen. She even called all of the young nurses in to check out my perfect inner ears one by one, though they seemed somewhat less impressed by my magnificent cochlea.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
"I wish your phone voice could gently caress me"

I don't know if that means I suck in bed or my phone voice is velvety.

prinneh
Jul 29, 2005
prince of denmark
"You have the perfect veins for drawing blood! Do you mind if I call in the trainee? He's been waiting for someone like you ALL day"

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Nurses and medical techs always notice people's veins. My ex used to say she like my veins. I let her administer my hep vaccine before traveling to the Caribbean, although that's intramuscular so I doubt it was as satisfying.

Weirdest compliment was when I was 16, wearing shorts on a public bus, and a woman in her mid 40s said "Nice knees" as she walked by me.

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

At a teknival some years ago this hot chick started talking to me in German. When I told her I don't really speak German she said that I 'dance like a East German'. WTF?

Safety First
Jul 22, 2015
I was once told I have nice knees...

...what does that even mean...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Safety First posted:

I was once told I have nice knees...

...what does that even mean...

Ask this guy:

Artificial Idiocy posted:

Nurses and medical techs always notice people's veins. My ex used to say she like my veins. I let her administer my hep vaccine before traveling to the Caribbean, although that's intramuscular so I doubt it was as satisfying.

Weirdest compliment was when I was 16, wearing shorts on a public bus, and a woman in her mid 40s said "Nice knees" as she walked by me.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
I have no idea.

I did have pretty strong muscled hairy man legs for a 16 year old, but I'm not sure how the knees became the focal point. Maybe it was synecdoche.

Asclepius Hot Rod
Apr 5, 2009
"You have tasty eyes."

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
guy at the cash register at a liquor store said i smelled good

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Daedra posted:

guy at the cash register at a liquor store said i smelled good

do you?

NigelsPoppet
Jul 22, 2015
Was at a house party once and guy goes

"Bro is that a 40 ounce you're drinking? I LOVE GANGSTA RAP"

He then proceeds to give me awkward white guy daps

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
people keep telling me i have long, "luxurious" eyelashes

i'm a dude :smith:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
also whenever i tell people i'm gay they tell me "you don't look gay" or "you don't sound gay" or "you don't act gay"

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Young man working the grocery check-out lane: "Did anyone ever tell you you look like Kylie Jenner?"
Me: "...No?"
Young man: "Yeah. You look like her if she was, like, a nun."
Me: ".........Huh."

:psyduck:

reddit liker posted:

people keep telling me i have long, "luxurious" eyelashes

i'm a dude :smith:

Dude, long eyelashes on a dude are attractive as gently caress. Embrace them.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my neighbor just said that 'i have the general appearance of a pedophile'

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it wasnt really a specific compliment but im pretty sure he noticed my eyes the most and how moist they are

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I've been asked if I wear mascara (dude). Nah, I just used to get very depressed.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
jesus christ was the ultimate cross dresser if u think about it

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

Shirley Crabtree posted:

i once got told that despite being a fat oval office i dont sweat all that much

i was once told "you sweat a lot for such a skinny chick."

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
OP's mom told me that I have a monster dong. It's more a statement of fact than a compliment though.

Carlton Minter
Jul 22, 2015

You gotta be so predictable that it's unpredictable

JiveHonky posted:

i was also complimented on my voice (i sound like winnie the pooh got throatpunched)

Same but i sound like a prepubescent teen

Carlton Minter
Jul 22, 2015

You gotta be so predictable that it's unpredictable
I have literally no hair on my arms or legs so guys and girls compliment me on how smooth i am. I have no idea if having smooth skin is a blessing or a curse

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I once got flustered at a party and kept telling someone they were "very german looking.

I was waiting for a pizza at pizza hut and a girl came out and told me I was beautiful. Which was kinda unexpected.

I was also told I looked "Radiant" one time at university.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

all the time people are like "I love your hair, is it dyed?"

Yah lady, there are definitely dudes out there trying to pass themselves off as a natural ginger

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer
A TSA man was patting me down and as he drew level with my mouth I breathed out and he gasped and said I had the loveliest breath ever.

I didn't know what to say so just went with 'Jolly Ranchers' and he sent me on my way.

(Then I did 9/11)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
The people at the Arab market asked if i was Kazakh and said i really looked it. Of course i told them i was American.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I was a real fatty fat fat in High School and one day catching the bus home I sorta sat on a guy by mistake, he jumped up, pointed at me, and yelled 'GOOD ONE, GUYYYYYY' then got off at the next stop.

• Locked thread