Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Cornwind Evil posted:

What WAS the crowd chanting during the ladies' match?

"Please give us all wedgies as we walk out the door *clap clap clapclapclap*"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Hey. I might get to see Sting next week in person! :toot:

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Should I go to the SmackDown taping in Providence tomorrow?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Can someone please link all the new day gifs you can find to cheer me up

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Correction: I think if Sting wins the title at Night of Champions he'll be the oldest world champion by any reasonable definition of the title.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Hace posted:

Can someone please link all the new day gifs you can find to cheer me up

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wonder what they'll do with Cena while this Seth/Sting feud goes on. I wonder if they'll lean into that sore loser stuff Steph was talking about.

KungFu Grip posted:

Miz gained overness.

I hope we can at least agree that "We are Awesome" chants are dirt worst.

Yeah, "We are awesome" chants are the worst, though I really can't blame that crowd for turning on that segment.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

Sure, smackdown is pretty much just a house store with more production values these days, it'll be fun

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Benne posted:

We want Sasha
We want Blue Pants
CM Punk
We are awesome

There was also a wave

I think they chanted for AJ after Nikkie mentioned that she was about to be the longest reigning Divas champion.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Coming in very late on this, but I like Bo. And I Bolieve he deserves a rematch.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Benne posted:

We want Sasha
We want Blue Pants
CM Punk
We are awesome

There was also a wave

Don't forget BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIING

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

BrigadierSensible posted:

Coming in very late on this, but I like Bo. And I Bolieve he deserves a rematch.

He almost had Brock there. Just made a minor defensive mistake.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Hi I just got home, my phone died as Sting was revealed which felt appropriate

That show was loving incredible for a Raw. Also I honestly think everything except the "we are awesome" chant during that boring, meaningless, heatless Divas match that was buried by The Miz before it even started was deserved

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

At the very least you will get an appearance by the Dudleys.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Now if you'll excuse me I need to hang this 800 year old man on my wall

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Main event on that MSG Network house show?

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Paul Heyman is the best thing in this company by a wide margin.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Someone had to be awesome out there, and hell, it sure wasn't the divas!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rhonne posted:

I wonder what they'll do with Cena while this Seth/Sting feud goes on. I wonder if they'll lean into that sore loser stuff Steph was talking about.

Well the next PPV is Night of Champions and all the belts must be defended so...

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

During the last segment, I was searching for tickets to a meaningless last Raw of the year on December 28th. The show and crowd lost me during that Divas debacle, yet I keep attending these events.

At least Takeover was cool.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Why the gently caress was Sting's makeup so hosed up? Made the whole thing even stupider.

Next time he should get Sara Del Rey to teach him how to apply it, it'd turn out way better.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Luigi Thirty posted:

Hey. I might get to see Sting next week in person! :toot:

Don't try to shake his hand; it might crumble into dust.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

Someone had to be awesome out there, and hell, it sure wasn't the divas!

Yeah I guess let me try to defend that whole reaction I guess because a lot of people seemed real mad about it here.

First, the MizTV segment was awfully scripted. The only good parts of it were Miz talking up the Figure 4 and Charlotte shutting him down and Becky going motormouth (which no one played off well). Not only that, but you had lots people cheering for him when he was talking up his accomplishments, and of course, the huge face pop when he told the women to be quiet, which was pretty horrifying to witness.

So that was the first sign nothing was going to go well. No one wanted to see this match.

The main problem during the match was, you had a faction of the crowd who were very pro-Bella, but not very vocal, and then a faction who was very anti-Bella, but not so much pro-PCB. My section tried, and failed, to get an NXT chant going when Charlotte or Becky were in the ring to no avail. The generally pro-Diva smarks were busy with Sasha, Blue Pants, and the world's tiniest Bayley chant. For as much as PCB got to do, it wasn't enough to justify us having to watch the Bellas and a match that meant literally nothing with bad setup.

And the biggest sin is that this match was loving long. This is the most baffling mistake I've seen the WWE make in a while. Once we were over the novelty of two very distinct factions in the crowd, and all cheered out, there was just no heat in the match. There was just nothing interesting happening, the few good spots had so much time in between them, and I saw more people leaving to their seats than during the actual commercial breaks.

And then the wave happened. And, well, it went around the arena like 9 or 10 times, and we saw that the camera actually acknowledged it, and some people felt very proud of theirselves, and we were basically trying to signal "END THIS PLEASE GOD." So thus the "we are awesome" chant. I didn't do it, because ew, but I don't really blame some of the people who did.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I like Braun's finisher, owing entirely to Reigns selling it like he literally just died.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Just got home from that raw. Hour 1 was incredible. I think I passed out when the Dudleys came out. lol @ the divas being mad about the brooklyn crowd because that was some loving garbage rear end rasslin and I can't believe WWE management saw that miztv as passable material.

That was a good raw though.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hold on Bradley Cooper.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Between the squeezing you to death finisher and being the new big man of a spooky scary stable, I'm surprised Braun didn't come out wrapped in toilet paper as the Son of the Yet-tay.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Why the gently caress was Sting's makeup so hosed up? Made the whole thing even stupider.

Next time he should get Sara Del Rey to teach him how to apply it, it'd turn out way better.

That actually made sense, he was just standing there covered up with no cool air coming through and with makeup on for at least 20 minutes. If they wrap up the promo even a couple minutes earlier maybe it wouldn't have looked so drastic.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Just as an aside, with his position in the Family filled, Rowan would probably come back as a babyface and (assuming logic is used in WWE booking) could easily be plugged into a feud with the Wyatts.

Also Braum Strowman needs a new name and a beard trim and hair plugs.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
After they revealed sting in there i was baffled by the fact that he was sitting under hot lights inside a box for what had to have been at least 30 minutes and still somehow had any face paint left

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
When is WWE gonna call up big hands?

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I'm hoping they still want to do the rumored Wyatts/Dudleyz feud down the line, ideally ending at a tables match at TLC, now that there's another hoss replacing Rowan.

And the Dudleyz would win because lol@putting over new stars

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Phenix Rising posted:

He was in there a while and probably wiped his brow with his sleeve.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Don't forget BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIING

Not sticking up for the crowd but it was funny listening to Cole and JBL playing up the crowd's dumb JBL and Blue Pants chant like they were getting excited for the match instead of making GBS threads on it and then the "boring" chant starts and they just dead mic it.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I also attended this Raw!

My last show that I attended was a Smackdown about 15 years ago. I had to adjust to watching matches without commentary and poo poo, it was weird. I marked out so loving hard for the Dudley Boyz. Who cares if they're old, they can still put dudes through tables and hit the 3D, that's all I need. It's not like they were over for their technical proficiency.

Sting is always cool. Dude moves really well for an AARP member, way better than Ghost Dad. I think he and Seth can have a good match at NoC.

I truly, honestly feel bad for guys like Roman and Cena when they have to do their thing in front of a crowd that basically wants them dead. It seems like Roman's gotten decent pops in other cities since Mania, but man that crowd just hates him. I hope he can learn to play off the boos like Cena has, but right now it's just awkward.

Tag match got way better once Dolph was done flopping around. You can only work face in peril so many times in one show before it gets old. I'm sure Big Show is a nice guy, but he flat out cannot work anymore.

Glad I wasn't supposed to recognize the new Wyatt because I felt like I was missing something.

The Divas thing, hoo boy. Yeah that match sucked but I get annoyed with crowds that are flat out disrespectful to the performers who are bumping for your entertainment. Especially when they've already cheered for the Miz's misogynistic heel lines. That said, the whole segment flat out stunk and they're wasting so much potential here. Poor Charlotte is gonna get WOOed the rest of her career. We Are Awesome chants need to die.

The Jon Stewart segment didn't make a lot of sense but I liked it anyway.

NEW DAY ON THE FREAKING TROMBONE I LOVE THEM.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

DynamiteKidd posted:

I'm hoping they still want to do the rumored Wyatts/Dudleyz feud down the line, ideally ending at a tables match at TLC, now that there's another hoss replacing Rowan.

And the Dudleyz would win because lol@putting over new stars

Somebody pointed out in the GDT that if you won a title at Summerslam, you got beaten up by old guys tonight.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

RacistGuidingLight posted:

He was in there a while and probably wiped his brow with his sleeve.

Do Goldust and Sting use the same kind of face paint? I feel like Goldust's doesn't start to fall off nearly as fast and Sting's does.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

zakharov posted:

I truly, honestly feel bad for guys like Roman and Cena when they have to do their thing in front of a crowd that basically wants them dead. It seems like Roman's gotten decent pops in other cities since Mania, but man that crowd just hates him. I hope he can learn to play off the boos like Cena has, but right now it's just awkward.

I didn't boo for Roman :smith:

I... I think I like Roman, now. I know it's weird, because he hasn't changed much. He's lost his jetpack for sure, and they're keeping him elevated but out of the title picture, for now - I could see him gunning for the US or IC (cursed it may be) if they really wanted it.

These tags with Ambrose are super fun, though, and even if they might not have much meaning, I'm hoping they end up with a cool third member of a new stable to help take on the Wyatts and their new guy. Like, having missed the entire Shield run, this is the first time I've ever gotten when anyone liked Roman in the first place - he's a fantastic hot tag. I cheered for him because I wanted Dean's Buddy Roman Reigns to help Dean, even if most of the arena didn't agree.

As for Cena, I bet that dude is totally fine with what he's doing. Hell, he's mentioned that he wants to work heel, and the thing is, he's not getting the same bad heat Reigns is. He's getting this weird heel-smark heat where every smark appreciates him as a wrestler but just doesn't want him to win. I actually like to imagine that, kayfabe, he wasn't coming out to confront Stewart with the intention of injuring him, but got so angry about the universal hatred from the crowd he did it to shut us up. I want him to continue being the world's strangest smark tweener forever :allears:

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

zakharov posted:

The Divas thing, hoo boy. Yeah that match sucked but I get annoyed with crowds that are flat out disrespectful to the performers who are bumping for your entertainment. Especially when they've already cheered for the Miz's misogynistic heel lines. That said, the whole segment flat out stunk and they're wasting so much potential here. Poor Charlotte is gonna get WOOed the rest of her career. We Are Awesome chants need to die.

I noticed that most of the lovely misogynistic chants and other bad things got booed down at least (other than we are awesome).

I'm watching the broadcast version now and I'm somehow even more bored. I didn't catch Nikki pointing out that no one cares about wins and losses, I was probably getting a beer. Why is everyone talking over each other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Somebody pointed out in the GDT that if you won a title at Summerslam, you got beaten up by old guys tonight.

Bo didn't win a title :(

• Locked thread