Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Real Steel doesn't get enough love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
kiss kiss bang bang is prob my fav comedy

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Nefarious posted:

kiss kiss bang bang is prob my fav comedy

that's a really good movie, tho i haven't seen it for almost a decade so idk how it holds up now. In Brudges is also one of my favorite dark comedy, and i rewatched it recently and still really liked it.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 25, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
kiss kiss bang bang is good

Dredd is kickass

The Shining was good but the book was better

Straight Outta Compton was fun/good

there's your goon movie review

shout out to In Bruges also.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
christopher nolan is the movie steve jobs of both their times

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Goons like movies with space and wizards

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Orkin Mang posted:

christopher nolan is the movie steve jobs of both their times

memento and inception were really good

dark knight was good but just because of the joker

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Sheep-Goats posted:

Goons like movies with space and wizards

who doesn't?

oh yeah Gravity was awesome

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
my favorite movie is Conan the Barbarian.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

A misanthrope posted:

memento and the prestige were really good

dark knight was good but just because of the joker

fix that. though i really did not like inception at all, probably because it was super overhyped and when i saw it I was really disappointed. but memento and prestige were good

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

JiveHonky posted:

my favorite movie is Conan the Barbarian.

:hf:

good one! lamentations of their women and so on

Xaris posted:

fix that. though i really did not like inception at all, probably because it was super overhyped and when i saw it I was really disappointed. but memento and prestige were good

i couldn't get into the prestige enough to watch tge whole thing for some reason, but a lot of people like it

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i like movies with homos getting down

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

A misanthrope posted:

:hf:
i couldn't get into the prestige enough to watch tge whole thing for some reason, but a lot of people like it

I guess to each their own there--i think prestige was the last good standalone movie nolan did. i managed to sit through inception but i was pretty sour on the whole thing.

Though this was like 9 years ago when i saw it so maybe it wasn't as good as i think it was. Like I tried rewatching Equilibrium which i used to love in a cheesy-way in the early 00s but I found I couldn't really finish it again.

e: man holy gently caress time flies. I watched waaaaaaaaaay too many movies from like 98 to 07.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 25, 2015

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

A misanthrope posted:

And you are good at movies?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
citizen cane is basicaly about shower caps really,all the diferent things u can do with shower caps

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
everything you like sucks balls OP

and sucking balls is awesome

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

it's cool sandra bullock taught the big guy from the green mile how to play football

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
remember in star wars: the empire strikes back when the hand solo gets stuffed insside a dead tonton by luke after he cuts it open with his life saver?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

dad gay. so what posted:

remember in star wars: the empire strikes back when the han hand solo gets stuffed insside a dead tonton by luke after he cuts it open with his life saver?

imagine if his name was ham solo lol also the olo in solo looks like a dick

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

social vegan posted:

imagine if his name was ham solo lol also the olo in solo looks like a dick

im the hairy butthole

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

dad gay. so what posted:

im the hairy butthole

"chewie!"

-han solo

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

i liked how all the goons loved children of men like having a crush on a girl but turned on it when they found out it had a bf or whatever the hell goons hate women for

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Gone Baptizin posted:

i liked how all the goons loved children of men but turned on it when they found out it had a bf or whatever the hell goons hate women for

huh? when did goons turn on it? CoM is pretty well universally liked

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

I remember the review thread starting off overwhelmingly positive and then slowly turning but i could be misremembering ?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
the ewok scene from star wars: and justice for all was pretty sweet. with the life saver

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

dad gay. so what posted:

remember in star wars: the empire strikes back when the hand solo gets stuffed insside a dead tonton by luke after he cuts it open with his life saver?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHoJSgq6mqc

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
Domino was awesome for how loving wacky Tony Scott was at filming/developing film in weird experimental acid mixes for fun visuals. Also demonstrated that Keira Knightly is good for a lot more than just "slightly edgy but still proper English lady" roles seeing as she literally takes a motherfucker down with nunchucks and gives a lap dance to a gang banger. I'd gently caress her so hard because of that movie

Edit: also, spergy as gently caress Christopher Walken always is amazing

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

im the hairy butthole

and i thought they smelled bad on the outside!

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Dave Concepcion posted:

i knew all was lost when goons hated wet hot american summer first day of camp

The first two episodes took some getting used to but after it hit its stride it was very funny and cool ijs

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Gone Baptizin posted:

I remember the review thread starting off overwhelmingly positive and then slowly turning but i could be misremembering ?

That's how all threads go allways.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Transformers: The Movie (1986), is a good movie and many goons share my opinion it's a masterpiece. I think it's splendid Orson Welles was able to go out the way he started, on top.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

Domino was awesome for how loving wacky Tony Scott was at filming/developing film in weird experimental acid mixes for fun visuals. Also demonstrated that Keira Knightly is good for a lot more than just "slightly edgy but still proper English lady" roles seeing as she literally takes a motherfucker down with nunchucks and gives a lap dance to a gang banger. I'd gently caress her so hard because of that movie

Edit: also, spergy as gently caress Christopher Walken always is amazing

I am glad that Tony Scott can not ruin any more film with his terrible directing because he is dead by his own hand. They should have let Richard Kelly direct it, since he did the screenplay and is a much better director because he doesn't use two million jump cuts per minute like a loving retard. Eat poo poo in hell Tony Scott.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Kuato posted:

Transformers: The Movie (1986), is a good movie and many goons share my opinion it's a masterpiece. I think it's splendid Orson Welles was able to go out the way he started, on top.

one of the characters even says "holy poo poo!" which was goddamn mindblowing to a 9 year old, not to mention transformers getting shot in the face and brutally killed

its really good on mushrooms too

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Birdman was the most self-indulgent piece of poo poo I've ever seen and I don't care if that makes me a luddite

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
What's the goon consensus on Prometheus and Terminator Genisys? Because if you liked either of those I'm okay with you dying in front of me.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

What's the goon consensus on Prometheus and Terminator Genisys? Because if you liked either of those I'm okay with you dying in front of me.

goons hate prometheus--except some weird CD goons like SMG

dunno about genisys

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ork of Fiction posted:

I am glad that Tony Scott can not ruin any more film with his terrible directing because he is dead by his own hand. They should have let Richard Kelly direct it, since he did the screenplay and is a much better director because he doesn't use two million jump cuts per minute like a loving retard. Eat poo poo in hell Tony Scott.

Counterpoint: true romance is better than anything Richard Kelly has even slightly touched.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Quote-Unquote posted:

Counterpoint: true romance is better than anything Richard Kelly has even slightly touched.

That script with that cast in anyone's hands would have been just as good. That said, Tony never hosed up a casting decision, so maybe I won't piss on his grave too much..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
In Bruges and Thank You For Smoking are my favorite comedies. They are so god drat good.

• Locked thread